What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WT Unity

Juniors
Come on dude. You are just making up bullshit here. The point is Reynolds has been really poor for us. Yes he has been injured and yes he has had some decent moments in first grade.

He is one of if not our highest paid player.

I like the guy and I want him to do well but let's not bullshit ourselves.

So - Let me quote you but change the name!

"Come on dude. You are just making up bullshit here. The point is Meninga has been really poor for The Raiders. Yes he has been injured and yes he has had some decent moments in first grade.
He is one of if not our (The Raiders) highest paid player.
I like the guy and want him to do well but let's not bullshit ourselves."

I think everyone would agree the above statement would be seen as being foolish when applied to Meninga (now an immortal). But the fact is it is foolish when applied to any player whose only fault is being out injured. You cannot judge their form or reliability through a period of injury! FFS!

Australian League Matches - By Year
Team
Years App T G GK % FG Pts W L D Win %

Canberra NSWRL 1987 12 6 34 / 48 70.83% 1 93 7 5 0 58.33%
Canberra NSWRL 1988 5 3 7 / 13 53.85% - 26 4 1 0 80.00%
Canberra NSWRL 1989 16 2 19 / 29 65.52% - 46 13 3 0 81.25%
Canberra NSWRL 1990 24 17 72 / 113 63.72% - 212 17 6 1 70.83%
Canberra NSWRL 1991 22 13 57 / 100 57.00% - 166 15 7 0 68.18%
Canberra NSWRL 1992 21 6 17 / 31 54.84% - 58 10 11 0 47.62%
Canberra NSWRL 1993 20 11 4 / 14 28.57% - 52 13 6 1 65.00%
Canberra NSWRL 1994 26 13 8 / 20 40.00% - 68 20 6 0 76.92%
Overall 1986-1994 166 74 283 / 459 61.66% 2 864 107 56 3 64.46%

Tiger05

First Grade
So we are comparing Meninga's performances for Canberra to Reynolds performances to us.

Okay - Reynolds is definitely at that level. He can be our Big Mal.

WT Unity

Juniors
So we are comparing Meninga's performances for Canberra to Reynolds performances to us.

Okay - Reynolds is definitely at that level. He can be our Big Mal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I certainly wasn't comparing Reynolds playing ability or style to Meninga's just the fact that you can't judge a players worth during a period of bad luck through injury!

It's called an analogy my friend

analogy
/əˈnalədʒi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

I can't make it any more remedial than that!

remedial
/rɪˈmiːdɪəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
    • provided or intended for children with learning difficulties.
      "remedial education"

Tiger05

First Grade
It was a completely stupid analogy. You can also judge how a player is performing for the club he is currently playing for based on his performances which is all I've done.

Anyway - I like the guy and I want him to do well. At the moment he is probably our worst ever signing on a cost basis but I want him to play this weekend and kill it.

I suppose you have to take your pick from Ballin, McQueen and Reynolds for worst ever signings on a cost basis. You can take your pick out of those guys.

You can't though make out that Reynolds has been a good signing or compare him to big Mal unless you are a complete moron.

Maybe you need to go through some form of remedial schooling because you aren't discussing this logically. If you need help from me just ask but maybe do it with some respect.

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors
It was a completely stupid analogy. You can also judge how a player is performing for the club he is currently playing for based on his performances which is all I've done.

What performances? - HE HAS BEEN OUT THROUGH INJURY!

(Says to himself....stay calm) And when he has played he has been relatively good especially given the lack of game time at the top level and therefore not having been able to build consistency, timing and momentum!

(Try explaining one more time) The analogy is sound as it seeks to use the example of a player (could've been any player but I chose Meninga due to him being of high profile and an extremely recognizable case) but insert your own player if you would prefer...Who has been out through injury...
OH I GIVE UP!

Congrats you win...You wore me down (Says to himself while belting head against the brick wall)

Enjoy Sunday's game - Go the Tiges!

WA Tiger

Bench
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I certainly wasn't comparing Reynolds playing ability or style to Meninga's just the fact that you can't judge a players worth during a period of bad luck through injury!

It's called an analogy my friend

analogy
/əˈnalədʒi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

I can't make it any more remedial than that!

remedial
/rɪˈmiːdɪəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
    • provided or intended for children with learning difficulties.
      "remedial education"
05 can start shit but as soon as someone comes up with anything that resembles disagreement he sees it as a complete threat to his whole existence...Kind of like people that end up confined to a space not of their choosing..He will go all out with his point of views which consider an incredibly narrow perspective ..Reynolds is paid too much !!! Yes we know that and Reynolds is not a gun hooker yes we know that too but we are on the precipice of getting into the 8 and what he brings on top of his at least adequate play is as Brooke’s says energy to the group and Brooke’s loves playing beside him and Reynolds drags the team up in team huddles priceless stuff for a desperately inexperienced team at this crucial moment in the teams history ...but no he won’t look at any of that because to consider anything outside his narrow view that Reynolds is paid too much even a comment that’s made that is not contradicting what he says but it implies that there is someone worse than Reynolds eg Blair was worse than Reynolds ... No that’s too much of a threat as well to his normally flakey argument and in his mind his whole credibility......and he will use any bullshit to back that narrow view and use all the words like idiot, and moron etc 12 year old words that could potentially land him in hot water (if someone does feel so inclined) . When he is met with someone willing to present a different view with manners and decorum and what should be a pleasant exchange of ideas and then he drops it to that level he suddenly wants to shut it down because it’s too distressing for him...Hard work...I think just agree with him yes 05 no 05 and there will be no problems ..But that’s not what we are here for is it...

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

(Says to himself....stay calm) And when he has played he has been relatively good especially given the lack of game time at the top level and therefore not having been able to build consistency, timing and momentum!

(Try explaining one more time) The analogy is sound as it seeks to use the example of a player (could've been any player but I chose Meninga due to him being of high profile and an extremely recognizable case) but insert your own player if you would prefer...Who has been out through injury...
OH I GIVE UP!

Congrats you win...You wore me down (Says to himself while belting head against the brick wall)

You still make no sense. My suggestion is to stop belting your head up against brick walls because you don't come across as very smart in the first place.

Go the Tiges.

WA Tiger

Bench
And when he says he wants this to stop he means he wants u to stop because he has to have the last say ...The majority of his argument is personal abuse....and seriously I think he just skim reads and misses the point ...and then he explodes when he feels crowded in or gets back what He dishes out...

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s ok Silverdale he can’t see my posts now ...he’s blocked me anyway ...I just reported him for good measure..Some of that personal abuse isn’t necessary

Das Hassler

Bench
No....somewhere around half that figure nett for WT...dogs are still kicking in. That 950 k was just pulled out of someone's arse and it keeps getting recycled

Tiger Ted

Bench
Mbye is on 675k/yr & the dogs for the 1st few yrs chip in 175k.He is signed till the end of ‘22.

Unfortunately for us its big overs for an avg centre.

WA Tiger

Bench

OH I GIVE UP!

U need to write more mate I fkn love your work