What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
Give me 10 Momorovski's over 10 Mbyes any day

Mbye for the money he's on should be our best player week in week out.

That is a money issue not a performance issue. I honestly don't understand anyone stating Momo is a better centre than Mbye. If it comes down to money then I 100% agree with you.

Tiger05

First Grade
Totally agree.Mbye is crap & Madge will want to move him on b4 season ‘21.Hopefully QLD pick him again as it will increase likelihood a myopic club takes him off our hands.

I can't see this happening. I also can't see him getting another big dollar contract.

The unknown

Juniors
That is a money issue not a performance issue. I honestly don't understand anyone stating Momo is a better centre than Mbye. If it comes down to money then I 100% agree with you.

In what games this year made you think Mbye is better than Momo in the centres ?

He was solid in the centres without being brilliant and then he was just complete puss at fullback.

Btw FTR Momo finished the season off with 9 tries in 10 games or something and found his kicking mojo along the way

simmo05

Bench
In what games this year made you think Mbye is better than Momo in the centres ?

He was solid in the centres without being brilliant and then he was just complete puss at fullback.

Btw FTR Momo finished the season off with 9 tries in 10 games or something and found his kicking mojo along the way
Yep, momo plays all year, we make the semis on kicking alone.

Tiger05

First Grade

I thought Momo was good. He really came on in the backend of the season. I thought Mbye though was good when he was moved to the centres as well and better than Momo and Marsters by a pretty significant margin. I can't remember specific games.

At the moment I think Momo and Talua are overrated whereas Mbye is underrated.

It'll be interesting what happens with Mbye next year.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I can't see this happening. I also can't see him getting another big dollar contract.
We would obviously partially fund his contract if another club were to take him off our hands coz he isn’t worth anywhere near the money the geniuses Cleary & Pascoe signed him on.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I thought Momo was good. He really came on in the backend of the season. I thought Mbye though was good when he was moved to the centres as well and better than Momo and Marsters by a pretty significant margin. I can't remember specific games.

At the moment I think Momo and Talua are overrated whereas Mbye is underrated.

It'll be interesting what happens with Mbye next year.
Mbye certainly isn’t underrated by the halfwitted QLD selectors.

Its quite premature to judge that momo or Talau are overrated.If anything momo has thus far proven that he was underrated & the kid has only played 1 nrl game so we will b able to make a more accurate assessment next season if he can nail a spot in our starting team.

BrotherJim05

Bench
This Josh Reynolds assault charge is going to absolutely kill us now, especially if he is innocent. If he is guilty it will be proven and he will be stood down from Tigers and off our salary cap. If he is innocent then it will drag through the courts, create a really foul mood for the playing group and he won't be coming off our salary cap any time soon.

Despite the fact it would be better for Tigers Salary Cap if he was off our books, he's a human being and by all accounts been a really positive influence for the club. I really hope he is innocent and this is all some sort of misunderstanding, but if he is not then I hope he is given a swift kick out the door, followed by a face plant to the curb. There is no excuse for Domestic Abuse, end of story.

Just when you thought our 2020 season couldn't get any more f**ked this happens. I'm telling you, this will completely derail our season even more so than this LM contract saga.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mbye certainly isn’t underrated by the halfwitted QLD selectors.

Its quite premature to judge that momo or Talau are overrated.If anything momo has thus far proven that he was underrated & the kid has only played 1 nrl game so we will b able to make a more accurate assessment next season if he can nail a spot in our starting team.
I think 05 means underrated by us ...Momos certainly got tries in him. Im always wondering when they are going to stop but they don’t so he’s got something no doubt..but Im still not convinced his lucky run won’t end .. .I couldn’t believe how unimpressive Talau was in his one game. I would have thought that regardless of age etc you should be able to see something from the very good category player which he was built up to be...Mbye I’ve seen him hit a ball carrier at high speed that dislodged the ball but was close to cutting him in half and others not too dissimilar ..You don’t accidentally tackle like that ..otherwise he’s solid in defence .. in attack he’s solid and is capable of making a break...I don’t mind him not having a billy Slater step or speed ..He’s a solid reliable link man... He’s comfortable at centre (that’s the position he played from a young age so it’s second nature for him)he can hold up a pass for a couple of seconds if need be..And when he passes it’s on the money..There’s no effort ...but that can sometimes hide skill ..He will never return to fullback he was a disaster there.We don’t know how influential he is as a captain but I suppose if he’s captain this year then that answers that...I doubt he’s on his way out. at least not until the team is more advanced in the upgrade process.. He can kick under pressure too and from out wide accurately more times than not..I can’t forget seeing that after the invisible mans efforts..

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
I think as long as this Domestic case goes, we can’t get grub off the books. I don’t know who would be willing to pay enough for him to want to go either. It’s either guilty or we have to wait another year. He may be a great bloke, he may not, I don’t know, but he is the most expensive flop of a signing and the sad part is he has plenty of competition.

I think management have done the right thing with Latrell. He didn’t respond in time so they did what they said and withdrew the offer. They are still open to him but they aren’t waiting around wasting time trying to get him to sign if he doesn’t really want to be a tiger. Now he has to make the first move and he’ll have a harder time convincing Madge that he is committed. What good excuse can he give for ignoring people offering him $1mil a year? If he’s not keen then we probably don’t really want him anyway. The rooster got rid of him, despite his talent, for a reason. The miracle hope would be that he knuckles down and signs up to make the roosters regret the day the gave up on him.

I think he really wants to be with Souths but he doesn’t really fit into their roster at the moment, it seems. I think the Titans, with Big Mal, would be next on his list but looks like they can’t afford him. We are probably third, because of the money, but I don’t think it’s all about the money with him. He has family, the brothers, community and “advisors”. I think that’s where he is right now, unhappy because he’s trying to keep everyone happy.

He needs to realise that to be happy he needs to be working hard developing his skills, and to realise that everything isn’t going to be handed to him on a platter. That’s why I like the way the tigers have dealt with him. They aren’t going to hand him a spot, they are going to make him earn it, or at least SHOW that he wants to. They may even get him a tad cheaper the way they have played it.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
The biggest thing I'm worried about with the LM situation is that we put all our eggs in that basket, now we have all this cap space open and nobody in the market available. Its ridiculous that Addo-Carr, Arrow, Stephano kid from Parra all say they want to leave their clubs but are told they won't be let go because they are needed. End of story. Yet Matterson spits the dummy and we quickly release him with no trade or replacement in sight. We should have at least held on to him and forced Parra to release Stephano early if they wanted Matterson, and put in a clause that they won't bitch and moan about having talked to him early.

But honestly, if we don't sign LM then what the f**k are we gonna do with the million dollars we have sitting around for next year? Its crazy to think we have all these cap problems, but then suddenly when we have cap space we can't spend it?

WA Tiger

Bench
The biggest thing I'm worried about with the LM situation is that we put all our eggs in that basket, now we have all this cap space open and nobody in the market available. Its ridiculous that Addo-Carr, Arrow, Stephano kid from Parra all say they want to leave their clubs but are told they won't be let go because they are needed. End of story. Yet Matterson spits the dummy and we quickly release him with no trade or replacement in sight. We should have at least held on to him and forced Parra to release Stephano early if they wanted Matterson, and put in a clause that they won't bitch and moan about having talked to him early.

But honestly, if we don't sign LM then what the f**k are we gonna do with the million dollars we have sitting around for next year? Its crazy to think we have all these cap problems, but then suddenly when we have cap space we can't spend it?
I think with WT having an overall inexperienced team with not a lot of tough experienced influential men/ leaders (I might be wrong) having a loose Christian cannon around could easily derail what Madge is trying to create that is a strong wining culture really from nothing....It was maybe a clever move to exit Matterson by a coach that has seen and done it all before - it appeared to be a clear strong decision made quickly, after the initial predictable reaction.

Last edited:
I woke up and during coffee I see young Grub headlining charged with domestic violence.

Integrity unit rushing in to try to punish him and us before the courts make a finding or convict him.

Here we go again..

He is our first centre chosen IMO. 8 tries in 9 games. Apart from the Canterbury game, he had a good year with the boot too.

The nrl should consider salary cap exemptions for no fault stand downs.

on the basis that it’s not the clubs fault if a player is accused of a crime

otherwise hopefully we have a clause in his contract that he can use to sack him and use the cash on others sides best development players. At least bribing their managers.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
His charge doesnt meet the criteria for an automatic stand down , so it's up to the discretion of the NRL .
As for cap exemption there is something in place but it's only about 40% -50% as St George got $239k for Jack the Bell End.
Edit.. changed amount .

Last edited: