What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
Project management. No spin though. I think Benji tried to soften the blow to his ego. Maybe the club mentioned the squad size as well.
Who wouldn’t try to soften the blow to his ego...I do. You prob do, in day to day conversation..Doesn’t mean what he said is “not factual”
Your words . “I remember Benji stating that the roster being cut was a reason the club couldn't retain him but that wasn't factual.”
No, Benji said “and the roster size is decreasing”. Tagged onto the end after humbly accepting the reasons for his leaving and his fate...
Then when he was asked what other halves wernt playing up to their potential...he says “Nah I love those halves No Way can I answer that question” Chair bro..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
@WA Tiger - I don't think that there is any difference in the two comments you've listed there. I can understand trying to soften the blow to his ego. He was disappointed.

Benji has been one of our great players and he clearly loves the club.

WA Tiger

Bench
@WA Tiger - I don't think that there is any difference in the two comments you've listed there. I can understand trying to soften the blow to his ego. He was disappointed.

Benji has been one of our great players and he clearly loves the club.
Possible Roster Reduction: You stated Benji said it’s the only reason he left and “that’s not factual” ...BUT actually Benji only implys it’s one of the reasons....”not factual” means “he’s lying..”?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Possible Roster Reduction: You stated Benji said it’s the only reason he left and “that’s not factual” ...BUT actually Benji only implys it’s one of the reasons....”not factual” means “he’s lying..”?

Can you provide a quote where I said Benji was lying. I don't believe that is the case. I simply stated that when Benji (and anyone else) stated that the roster size was being reduced to 28 players it wasn't a fact. This clearly wasn't a fact as the latest information is stating that roster size is staying at 30.

There may be an official announcement soon that states the roster size will be 28 players and then Benji's assumption will be proven correct.

Benji stated that the roster size was being reduced and maybe he thought it was being reduced. It just wasn't a fact at that point in time.

Tigerm

First Grade
The reason Benji is leaving, is he has been told he is not required next year. Move on FFS.

WA Tiger

Bench
Can you provide a quote where I said Benji was lying. I don't believe that is the case. I simply stated that when Benji (and anyone else) stated that the roster size was being reduced to 28 players it wasn't a fact. This clearly wasn't a fact as the latest information is stating that roster size is staying at 30.

There may be an official announcement soon that states the roster size will be 28 players and then Benji's assumption will be proven correct.

Benji stated that the roster size was being reduced and maybe he thought it was being reduced. It just wasn't a fact at that point in time.
You need to transfer to sales...seriously

WA Tiger

Bench
The reason Benji is leaving, is he has been told he is not required next year. Move on FFS.
I don’t really expect you and 05 to get my remedial level explanation..Youve really only got that one level of understanding in your posts havnt you ..copy and paste? There’s nothing wrong with that..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I don’t really expect you and 05 to get my remedial explanation..Youve really only got that one level of understanding in your posts havnt you ..copy and paste? There’s nothing wrong with that..
Be positive WA, you’ll feel better.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tamoau and Foxx would be unbelievable for us.

A seasoned forward, still making 100+ metres every game to lead our young pack.

A genuine outside back with maximum level pace and try scoring ability.

If we can get these two without having to offload Reynolds and Packer... f**k me we are in good shape. Their contracts finish at the end of 2021, meaning we can go out and sign another 2-3 quality players without this circus if trying to punt players early.

Its a dream but a good one at that

super_coach

First Grade
If we had the Fox and Tamou we win games like last night.The Fox’s speed both in attack and defence and a real pro in Tamou leading our young pack.

Talk of a couple of others to, but surely we would need to move some of Ivan’s offerings to achieve that. Also it looks like the 30 man rosters will stay but the cap is being reduced by 10%. So that will impact on our recruitment.

Apparently Sam McIntyre new contract will be on the table early next week

axl rose

Bench
And i'm sure both would have been watching and thought the same...the spirit shown in these last two games might just have secured us both of them ( warm 'n fuzzy emoji here)
Was thinking the opposite at 20 nil, they will be asking for an extra 100 grand each.

Tigerm

First Grade
With a GK now (still can’t work out why he wasn’t used earlier) we will have a solid team, though some still learning

they’ve done it to us again :joy: