What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Any info from the trusted source who will be going to the storm to replace him?
Nothing from this guy although I initially heard from a source heavily involved with the Balmain juniors that it was Talau but that doesn’t seem to b the case.I would find it surprising if melb were interested in a slug like Talau.

Tiger05

First Grade
Nothing from this guy although I initially heard from a source heavily involved with the Balmain juniors that it was Talau but that doesn’t seem to b the case.I would find it surprising if melb were interested in a slug like Talau.

I reckon Talau has some upside but he is going to struggle to make the team for a while. Why do we have to do a swap ? That is between JAC and the storm.

Tigerm

First Grade
I read NRL.com that Madge turned down the JAC for Nofo swap, not sure if it was a reality but not happening thank Christ.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
I reckon Talau has some upside but he is going to struggle to make the team for a while. Why do we have to do a swap ? That is between JAC and the storm.
No necessity for us to do a swap with storm although they r savvy enough to have attempted to lure Nofa to melb.I can’t imagine a ruthless club like the storm would b interested in any of our numerous sluggish backs

Das Hassler

Bench
Pretty sure that Melbourne never asked for nofo...it was just a throwaway "what if" from a poster....he pondered why the two clubs can't just do that?...doesn't take much to start a stampede around here.

When Matterson left WT, Parra gave us sweet f##k all,Melbourne should expect the same outcome from whoever signs JAC, as the release is primarily between the player and his club rather than a third party.

Shredder

Juniors
Ill say it again: Addo Carr is still contracted for next year. Melbourne need to release him and they set the conditions.

Matterson was a cancer to this club and releasing him quick smart was a good result.

JAC is still showing professionalism in the way he plays.

Tiger05

First Grade
When Matterson left WT, Parra gave us sweet f##k all,Melbourne should expect the same outcome from whoever signs JAC, as the release is primarily between the player and his club rather than a third party.

JAC told the club prior to the start of this season he wanted out. They agreed to release him next year. This is not a dog act like Matterson. We definitely don't have to work out a trade deal.

Tigerm

First Grade
JAC told the club prior to the start of this season he wanted out. They agreed to release him next year. This is not a dog act like Matterson. We definitely don't have to work out a trade deal.
If we want him next season we do. They have his contract.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we want him next season we do. They have his contract.

I get this but it'd be a real dog act. JAC came up with an agreement with his club to stay for this year and then he was free to leave. Josh has also stated openly this is his last year at the Storm.

The Storm can ask for whatever they want and possibly retain him via contract law but this would end really badly for them.

We don't have to give up anything unless it suits us.