What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade

New club considering making offer for Luke Brooks

Would you let him go with no one to put into the halves? For me, happy with Wakehams improving game, but Dooee may not be back?

Shredder

Juniors
AD isn't back until the second half of next year at best. I suspect there is a strong chance he might retire.

This is fkn hilarious, now we are going to chase price on Brooks because there is noone else.

If you wrote a book about this club they would stick it on the fiction shelf.

Tigerm

First Grade
AD isn't back until the second half of next year at best. I suspect there is a strong chance he might retire.

This is fkn hilarious, now we are going to chase price on Brooks because there is noone else.

If you wrote a book about this club they would stick it on the fiction shelf.
For me, if you want different results, you need to change the team, no one from last decade of playing here, should have any confidence they would remain part of the future.

While I’d be surprised if they let Brooks go (without a fight or a replacement), how much is he worth to us, while both he and Nofo’s games have improved recently, we are still 9 & 3.

I don’t know who is available, but the club would and should be hunting them. Brooks cash would get a lot of 7 or 6’s interest. Contracts don’t seem to mean much these days.

Nutz

Bench
For me, if you want different results, you need to change the team, no one from last decade of playing here, should have any confidence they would remain part of the future.

While I’d be surprised if they let Brooks go (without a fight or a replacement), how much is he worth to us, while both he and Nofo’s games have improved recently, we are still 9 & 3.

I don’t know who is available, but the club would and should be hunting them. Brooks cash would get a lot of 7 or 6’s interest. Contracts don’t seem to mean much these days.
I'm of the opinion that no player is greater than any other player and that it is a team sport.
I get it that a half touches the ball more than any other player (except dummy half).
It's for this reason that a ½ back is traditionally on more coin.....but does it have to be like this?
A centre is getting bread crumbs whilst the half is picking up a mil. However if your middle and outside backs/fullback are not working then your the ballplayers job goes downhill.
Look at how our spine has improved with a better pack.
I would like to see a Manu type of centre that would compliment Brooks and Wakeham and even the salary cap right across all playing positions.
To answer the question on Brooks' worth...I would say $700k.
If he owned every play and was consistently successful then he would and should get 1mil.
I know I'm probably on my Pat Malone with this but I've felt this way for a long time.
Everyone talked about the great duo of quarterback Joe Montana and wide receiver Jerry Rice whilst the hard yakka linebackers got little attention. 🤔

Tigerm

First Grade

The Wests Tigers are preparing to offload three regular first-grade stars as they look to tidy up the salary cap ahead of next season.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Danny Weidler indicated that David Nofoaluma, Jake Simpkin and Shawn Blore are being shopped around to rival clubs.

Tigerm

First Grade

The Wests Tigers are preparing to offload three regular first-grade stars as they look to tidy up the salary cap ahead of next season.

Speaking on 100% Footy, Danny Weidler indicated that David Nofoaluma, Jake Simpkin and Shawn Blore are being shopped around to rival clubs.
TBH, I’m over sentimentality, we are still really treading water, so imo, what ever is best for the team should be done, I’m not a Sheenius fan, but he should know his shit and is in a far better position than all of us to make the calls, I assume he has the backing of his staff to do these things?

Last edited:

Trollhammaren

Juniors

Who the heck would take Nof's wing spot if we let him go?

simmo1

First Grade
Nofa has been great since his return. His running game is back to its best, and I don't think he has let in a single try coming off the wing. That whole right side has been great defensively.

Shredder

Juniors
Before our first bye this year, Sheens said they would be making roster decisions. Nothing
Hes said it again and the best they can come up with is we like Brooks, but hes only worth half his money.
Brooks has said hes not ready to go to the ESL yet, which is good.
I think the only other clubs locally that are looking for halves are STG and the Dogs.
If hunt leaves STG its all bets on he goes to the Dogs, which makes it easier.
Except for the fact that STG will have money to spend and need a half.
In an ideal world I would have liked to see how the team plays for another month, but Brooks does seem to be playing better. If he keeps playing to this level and we have to pay $700k/yr Im OK with it.

The last time we got rid of two forward to buy one, Sheens brought in Blair.
If the talk is true and we are looking at Frizell, he has just shut that down

Tigerm

First Grade
Before our first bye this year, Sheens said they would be making roster decisions. Nothing
Hes said it again and the best they can come up with is we like Brooks, but hes only worth half his money.
Brooks has said hes not ready to go to the ESL yet, which is good.
I think the only other clubs locally that are looking for halves are STG and the Dogs.
If hunt leaves STG its all bets on he goes to the Dogs, which makes it easier.
Except for the fact that STG will have money to spend and need a half.
In an ideal world I would have liked to see how the team plays for another month, but Brooks does seem to be playing better. If he keeps playing to this level and we have to pay $700k/yr Im OK with it.

The last time we got rid of two forward to buy one, Sheens brought in Blair.
If the talk is true and we are looking at Frizell, he has just shut that down

We have announced that 4 players are free to look elsewhere, Nofo, Blore, Simpkins & Laurie.

As for Frizell, who knows, nothing said is real anymore in this game of thrones:)

Perth Tiger

Bench
I am getting annoyed with this Hunt to Bulldogs reporting and we are never even in the conversation. Surely we have at least spoken to him/reached out or whatever the rules permit since he is still under contract.

Surely we can offer at least as much as the Dogs. Same position on the ladder, more money, better forward pack and a better guarantee that he will never play hooker since we already have 4 on the books while the Dogs already have Burton and Olaupu in the halfs so who would be the first to replace Reed if he is injured.

Latest posts