What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Mario chalmers

Juniors
players I would like the Tigers to sign for 2022-23.

Harley Smith Shields, Murray Tulagi, Wiremu Greig, Tom Ale, Shane Wright, Isaac Lumelume, Ethan Bullemor, Tolutau Kouloua, Franklin Pele, Maratha Niukore.

No big names but players that will enter their prime and build the squad. We have Henry O’Kane, Brandon Tumeth, Fonua Pole, Liam Scolari, Israel Ogden, Iverson Fuatimau and others coming thru.
Lumelume would have been a better buy than Ken Mamaulo I reckon and we were rumoured to be chasing him at the start of the year.

Im surprised Tuilagi hasnt been re-signed by the Cowboys yet. He goes pretty well.

I agree with the approach of picking up promising young players.

Personally I think come November 1 we should look to

- have re-signed Cini, Seyfarth and Mikaele
- show the door to BJ Leilua, Roberts and MCK;
-replace them with 3 guys who have played 100 odd NRL games + are potential role models (good cultural fit)

Mass roster changes tend to keep bad sides at the bottom. If we keep the majority of our current squad and limit turnover I think 2022 will be better.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
more here:
Should have been posted under What a Joke of a Management forum but the point for me is - move on and throw the money at Dale Funucane.
The article says we are getting too reliant on Sam Ayoub players. I had a look at his book of clients

Doueihi
Tamou
Nofa
Amone
Mbye (is interesting as he used to be managed by someone else Im sure of it)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I'd throw Vaughan a lifeline. I've always rated him and would walk into our pack. Throw him a 1 year deal with another in the clubs favour on low (ish) coin and see how he does
Yeah, desperate times.
If we signed Finucane (even for 3 years) Vaughan and dare I say it..Woods for peanuts, I would be thinking that as early as next year we could be a real chance for 10th or maybe the much coveted 9th spot.

Tigerm

First Grade
Our management team?

Football
NRL

Adam Hartigan — General Manager - Football

Tim Sheens — Head of Football Performance

James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

Billy Callaway — Football Operations Assistant and Facilities Manager

Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach

Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach

Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach

Ron Griffiths — Coaching Assistant - Indigenous and Community Programs

Simon Dwyer — NRL Video Analyst

Andrew Gray — High Performance Manager

Matthew Jay — NRL High Performance Coach

Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach

Jess Adams — NRL Sport Science and Innovation Coordinator

Kenny Michalopoulos — NRL Physiotherapist

Daniel Miladinski — NRL Physiotherapist

Dr. Peter Lorentzos — Chief Medical Officer

Mohammed Baba — Club Doctor

Vince Marando — Gear Manager

Paul Tape — Trainer

Caitlin Reid — Nutritionist

Pathways
Matthew Betsey — Head of Pathways

David Fauonuku — Junior Rugby League Coaching and Development Manager

Brett Kimmorley — Pathways Coaching Manager

Shannon Gallant — Coaching and Development Coordinator

Ron Palmer — Pathways High Performance

Paul Sironen — Balmain Football Manager

Recruitment
Fita Hala — Talent Identification

Scott Woodward — Recruitment Analyst

We are not short of staff?

Tigers1986

Juniors
We should be throwing almost a million for the 3 years that Finucane is after. Wouldn't be opposed at all to Woodsy making a return (he'd be offering much more than Packer and Tamou do).

We need to trim the trash - Mbye and Packer. They're taking up a huge chunk of our cap and returning nickels. Be worth the outlay of a co-payment just to see the back of them.

Tigerm

First Grade
We should be throwing almost a million for the 3 years that Finucane is after. Wouldn't be opposed at all to Woodsy making a return (he'd be offering much more than Packer and Tamou do).

We need to trim the trash - Mbye and Packer. They're taking up a huge chunk of our cap and returning nickels. Be worth the outlay of a co-payment just to see the back of them.
Packer goes this season (unless they re-sign him) which I doubt?

For me, Mbye is a conundrum, he is expensive and playing below expectation, but it will cost us dearly to get rid of him for next year and then you need to replace him, which will add to the costs.
For me, maybe back as our 14 or reserve grade. As our 14 at least we get some value?

stryker

First Grade
Our management team?

Football
NRL

Adam Hartigan — General Manager - Football

Tim Sheens — Head of Football Performance

James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

Billy Callaway — Football Operations Assistant and Facilities Manager

Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach

Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach

Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach

Ron Griffiths — Coaching Assistant - Indigenous and Community Programs

Simon Dwyer — NRL Video Analyst

Andrew Gray — High Performance Manager

Matthew Jay — NRL High Performance Coach

Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach

Jess Adams — NRL Sport Science and Innovation Coordinator

Kenny Michalopoulos — NRL Physiotherapist

Daniel Miladinski — NRL Physiotherapist

Dr. Peter Lorentzos — Chief Medical Officer

Mohammed Baba — Club Doctor

Vince Marando — Gear Manager

Paul Tape — Trainer

Caitlin Reid — Nutritionist

Pathways
Matthew Betsey — Head of Pathways

David Fauonuku — Junior Rugby League Coaching and Development Manager

Brett Kimmorley — Pathways Coaching Manager

Shannon Gallant — Coaching and Development Coordinator

Ron Palmer — Pathways High Performance

Paul Sironen — Balmain Football Manager

Recruitment
Fita Hala — Talent Identification

Scott Woodward — Recruitment Analyst

We are not short of staff?
There is a lot of merkins in that list who are not earning their salary.
The assistant coaches are f**ked.
Dwyer is doing a pathetic job as video analyst
The performance managers/coaches are f**ked
The pathways and recruitment departments have to improve.

I think the way most footy clubs operate is to target who they want and then work out the details with cash and squad.

If Mbyes co payment is too high, we are simply better off keeping him, even off the bench.

I just want to see his last 8 games and our options before a Brooks co-payment scenario, elsewhere.

There’s media mutterings that we are really careful with our cash these days.

I’ve been following Stefano a bit since his eels days and it’s a really nice surprise to see him in the NSW squad. I’m not sure he should be there, but I’ll take it with both hands.

As everyone remembers, he could barely get a game at the eels and was desperate to leave them early to play for us ( like Daine). So it’s nice we were able to help him realise a dream.

All reports he’s a good kid. He was taken aback with Madge’s Uber-hard footy pre-season but I dare say he’d say it was worth it now!

I'd throw Vaughan a lifeline. I've always rated him and would walk into our pack. Throw him a 1 year deal with another in the clubs favour on low (ish) coin and see how he does
I would think that Vaughan will not be able to be registered until his contract is over. Now way the Dragons punt him only for another club to snap him up. The NRL should be standing with the Saints on that.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Agree that is a self inflicted own goal there but unless NRL HQ have a no signing edict against Vaughan why shouldnt we try to sign him.

We have all seen the no win situation clubs are placed in when they do the ultimate sanction against their players and sack them, with another club taking up the opportunity - why shouldnt we at least try? No sense in being moral about it when others arent.

gordsy

Juniors
Who ever said sign Woods needs to get a psych eval and quick.
Signing Dale F is a good start but paying him huge dollars to sign him and him alone would be a waste of everyone time and money. We need three solid forward signing not one huge signing that will turn out being another Joe O.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Who ever said sign Woods needs to get a psych eval and quick.
Signing Dale F is a good start but paying him huge dollars to sign him and him alone would be a waste of everyone time and money. We need three solid forward signing not one huge signing that will turn out being another Joe O.
Can't disagree with you on my need for a psych evaluation but that is a given regardless of any suggested signings of mine.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I never thought I would see the day that the Tigers would sign Falou. OK so it is the Southport Tigers but still....

OK ok I will book in for a psych evaluation asap

BrotherJim05

Bench
What we really need is Tedesco to be like "f**k it, I'll come back and fix this pile of mess", and bring a few players with him.