What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Remember guys, never ever believe anything you read in the papers. Journalists reporting in the business sector for the most part, rehash what a company wants them to report.

I’ve found that in sports reporting, it’s rumour after rumour, the likes of the sharks supporter from Fox/Tele and chooks supporter from 9/smh love it, thrive on it. Reports like these thrive on the drama of it all, love to put a team down.

Saying that, if a football club puts out as an official release something that apparently mentions that a player is not a good fit because of culture etc, well there’s still a problem in the front office in allowing the work experience kid to type it and release it without a grown up reading it first.
If we sign this clown everybody involved should be taken to the zoo and fed to the tigers. I'd give them a massive meal beforehand so said individuals could sit in the enclosure pondering their fate. Then they can be toyed with until at last it's over.

Maybe we could get some front row seats. Socially distanced of course. It'd be nice to get out of the house.

Seriously, TPJ is from a team that is performing worse than we are. They have absolutely unlimited resources and virtually everything a motivated player would need to succeed. Yet he's failed miserably and when told to look around had a massive public sook.

Just because a player hits the market doesn't mean we need to try and sign them. I'd go hard for Finucane. He is the type of player we need. Just because we may miss out doesn't mean we need to take the next player in line. I'd rather sign a low value fringe player with a bit of fire and something to prove.

Of course this is the Tigers so give that man a 4 year $3.2 million dollar contract.

And of course it could also be BS paper talk. It sure sounds dumb enough to be believable though.
Yup, imo Dale is the much better player.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I just absolutely hope to god that we are "chasing" TPJ in order to drive Finucane's price down.

I really don't want TPJ anymore. Gut feeling tells me he's going to be another "marquee" player that ends up on the bench

Vozzy

Juniors
Do opposite of what our only coach who got us to finals footy has to say. He built a premiership winning team. Then lost a lot of that team to start a new rebuild which got us to back to back finals footy with a new team except Marshall and Farah. He knows how to build a roster.

stryker

First Grade
Do opposite of what our only coach who got us to finals footy has to say. He built a premiership winning team. Then lost a lot of that team to start a new rebuild which got us to back to back finals footy with a new team except Marshall and Farah. He knows how to build a roster.
The bloke hates halfbacks and props…not too fond of fullbacks either. I wouldn’t trust him to build a chicken coop.

Pezz70

Juniors
Our management team?

Football
NRL

Adam Hartigan — General Manager - Football

Tim Sheens — Head of Football Performance

James Wright — NRL Football Manager and Leadership Consultant

Billy Callaway — Football Operations Assistant and Facilities Manager

Michael Maguire — NRL Head Coach

Shane Millard — NRL Assistant Coach

Wayne Collins — NRL Assistant Coach

Ron Griffiths — Coaching Assistant - Indigenous and Community Programs

Simon Dwyer — NRL Video Analyst

Andrew Gray — High Performance Manager

Matthew Jay — NRL High Performance Coach

Aaron Sculli — NRL Performance Coach

Jess Adams — NRL Sport Science and Innovation Coordinator

Kenny Michalopoulos — NRL Physiotherapist

Daniel Miladinski — NRL Physiotherapist

Dr. Peter Lorentzos — Chief Medical Officer

Mohammed Baba — Club Doctor

Vince Marando — Gear Manager

Paul Tape — Trainer

Caitlin Reid — Nutritionist

Pathways
Matthew Betsey — Head of Pathways

David Fauonuku — Junior Rugby League Coaching and Development Manager

Brett Kimmorley — Pathways Coaching Manager

Shannon Gallant — Coaching and Development Coordinator

Ron Palmer — Pathways High Performance

Paul Sironen — Balmain Football Manager

Recruitment
Fita Hala — Talent Identification

Scott Woodward — Recruitment Analyst

We are not short of staff?
Surprised we have a nutritionist there’s a few boys could do with a few less calories

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Have we signed anyone in the past 12 months that wasn't either a reserve grader or unwanted by their previous club?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Well, the Bulldogs go close against the Roosters. They have a ton of talent heading their way next year. They will be a much better team. That can't be said about us. If the Broncos improve a little next year the wooden spoon will be heading our way, maybe sooner.

The care factor is pretty low but I wonder who from the reserves the club will take to Queensland for the next month or should that read, who from the ‘usual’ 17 they will take.

I’d be leaving the assistant coaches and plenty of others in Sydney.