What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
I like that show and to me Madge is doing a good job. He even sees Simpkin just stand there when Burgess scores. He says come on mate we are counting on you and he stuffs up.

AD comes across great to me but even he needs to do more. You hear Madge state that AD has to do something.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Seems that we’re after Egan Butcher to be our 13 for next year. I’ve watched him a bit over the last few weeks and he’s got some footy in him. Smaller then his bro but goes hard and has a decent passing game. Kinda like a wish version of Victor Radley.

Tigerm

First Grade
Seems that we’re after Egan Butcher to be our 13 for next year. I’ve watched him a bit over the last few weeks and he’s got some footy in him. Smaller then his bro but goes hard and has a decent passing game. Kinda like a wish version of Victor Radley.
Where is he playing now, I would l to have a look at him?

Vozzy

Juniors
The one positive I see is that all the younger new players seem to be the ones who respond to what Madge is installing into them. Guys like Doueihi, Laurie, Stephano, now Bloke last few games, and with Cini, Madden, Simpkin/s and Tuilagi being around and training with the first team is the only shining light I see. Guys like Tamou, MBye, Brooks(has been OK indiviualy this year but can't game plan at all), Joffa and others who are experienced are the ones who let us down or play inconsistently which is the problem. Liddle, Talau, LL and nofo try hard but still are a mixed bag this year. It's frustrating cos even against the good teams there have been times where we are on top but can't finish off sets and then the senior players seem to not care or drop intensity which leaks in 2-3 tries.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Yeah, lack of leadership on the field has certainly struck me throughout the last couple of years- that is why I have been critical of Brooks (as the halfback supposedly in leading the team around the field), Mbye and Tamou as captains (both providing little leadership on the field, and in Tamou's case little time on the field, and the other senior players in not filling the void. We look and act like a leaderless rabble on the field with no idea on what to do and when to do it. Yes, the basic skills slip ups with drop balls, forward passes and bad kicks are frustrating, but its worse when they actually do things right, then fail to capitalise due to failure of vision, plan and leadership in the moment.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah, lack of leadership on the field has certainly struck me throughout the last couple of years- that is why I have been critical of Brooks (as the halfback supposedly in leading the team around the field), Mbye and Tamou as captains (both providing little leadership on the field, and in Tamou's case little time on the field, and the other senior players in not filling the void. We look and act like a leaderless rabble on the field with no idea on what to do and when to do it. Yes, the basic skills slip ups with drop balls, forward passes and bad kicks are frustrating, but its worse when they actually do things right, then fail to capitalise due to failure of vision, plan and leadership in the moment.
Though I think it’s been more than a couple of years?

stryker

First Grade
Shame the club didn’t front load him this year.
Anyway, good work getting half of his salary off the books.

Tigerm

First Grade

CLUB’S SUSPECT OFFERS

Which high-profile club official has set tongues wagging around the great game of rugba league by offering up some “extras” when it comes to player contract negotiations?

What’s equally as dangerous is the club in question has form in the department of being previously pinched for salary cap rorting.

I wonder who, LMFAO if it was the Dogs?😂😂😂

Perth Tiger

Bench
Glad Mbye is gone, but we haven't even been able to fully spend the money left over from Reynolds, Packer and BJ.

With the worth of what we have in the squad and the requirement to spend 90% or there abouts of the cap, I hope we are frontloading a lot of contracts because there is no where near 10 million worth of talent in our squad.

Vozzy

Juniors
Morris is getting old and he wouldn't be like Jimmy the Jet he is a pro and has good attitude and solid defender, Niu and Tuala have some potential and so does Pereira. If it's like $250k for Morris he would be our best defensive back straight away and would provide service for Ken.

JB04

Juniors
I'll take Tesi Niu and Harley Smith-Shields, thanks. That'd be an awesome centre/wing combo