What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great to see RE Seyfarth. Gotta give the coaching staff a bit of credit for this one. Came into first grade last year clearly not ready and was written off by most of us. No one was excited by his resigning and a lot even said we should have kept Eisenhuth instead. He obviously just needed a bit more time, not everyone is NRL ready at 21, good foresight by the coaching staff and well done to Alex for putting the work in. Looking forward to seeing him continue to improve and become a real quality forward.

Tigerm

First Grade
Great to see RE Seyfarth. Gotta give the coaching staff a bit of credit for this one. Came into first grade last year clearly not ready and was written off by most of us. No one was excited by his resigning and a lot even said we should have kept Eisenhuth instead. He obviously just needed a bit more time, not everyone is NRL ready at 21, good foresight by the coaching staff and well done to Alex for putting the work in. Looking forward to seeing him continue to improve and become a real quality forward.
Yeah, we are getting a good group of youngsters together, I believe we have the recruitment people in place to keep them, don’t think we are too many players away from having a good side, though we probably say that every year?😂

Perth Tiger

Bench
Anyone know what is happening with Thomas Mikaele? One of the commentators, think it was Brandy, said that he had just resigned for another year during the last game but hasn't been announced anywhere.

Although after his last game I'm not real concerned whether he stays or goes. But if he can fix his hands he could developed into a good player.

WA Tiger

Bench
I didn’t know you could smash another player in the throat break their larynx? bone cause near death and walk off Scott free…Klemmer should get a lot of weeks for what he did to Fifita ..just because the cameras were on the wrong side doesn’t make it less dangerous…He may still

Tigerm

First Grade
I didn’t know you could smash another player in the throat break their larynx? bone cause near death and walk off Scott free…Klemmer should get a lot of weeks for what he did to Fifita ..just because the cameras were on the wrong side doesn’t make it less dangerous…He may still
It's a tough sport, I didn't see the incident, but I understand the NRL cleared the club of any wrong doing?

Unfortunately serious injury happens a fair bit.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Bummer missing out on Butcher, but it's a pretty hard sell trying to convince someone to come to Tigers instead of staying at a club like Roosters. HSS I felt we could have done better. He is well behind the pecking order at Canberra and surely it shouldn't be that hard convincing a player to move to Sydney from Canberra.

WA Tiger

Bench
It's a tough sport, I didn't see the incident, but I understand the NRL cleared the club of any wrong doing?

Unfortunately serious injury happens a fair bit.
Ok …Then I reckon forget the head. Just go for the throat. No worries

stryker

First Grade
Yeah, we are getting a good group of youngsters together, I believe we have the recruitment people in place to keep them, don’t think we are too many players away from having a good side, though we probably say that every year?😂
We have some young enthusiastic players but until they are paired with some class and some leadership, they will continue their slow climb from average to good.

Kikau talks breaking down at smugland.

I think he’s just the kind of marquee we could really use.

Adds substantial threat and some pulverising defence, on his day, the best player in the game.

I’d be offering him 750 for 3 years.

Das Hassler

Bench
Kikau talks breaking down at smugland.

I think he’s just the kind of marquee we could really use.

Adds substantial threat and some pulverising defence, on his day, the best player in the game.

I’d be offering him 750 for 3 years.

I could only see that ending up as Blair 2.....can't imagine him responding to Madge or driving himself to reach any heights with us...in fact no one from the stoopid blonde hair dye brigade for me...it's no coincidence they're all pretty much the same motivation wise.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Apparently another club is also in the hunt for Thompson. We all know how this usually goes but fk me I hope we get him. Not because I think he is necessarily an amazing player and will change everything, but to start the WT as the UK import destination. Yes, we will get some duds, but every now and then we can hopefully get a Bateman...or even another Ellis. Sheen's connections in Super League will definitely help.

Canberra may have had a lot of success with this, but at the end of the day it's Canberra...pommies want to be in Sydney whether they realize it or not.

Tigerm

First Grade
We have some young enthusiastic players but until they are paired with some class and some leadership, they will continue their slow climb from average to good.
There is talk we are talking with the Pommy forward Thompson from the dogs, supposedly a gun FR?

I could only see that ending up as Blair 2.....can't imagine him responding to Madge or driving himself to reach any heights with us...in fact no one from the stoopid blonde hair dye brigade for me...it's no coincidence they're all pretty much the same motivation wise.
I suppose you could add the following into the contract:

“the said player of the second part shall, within 24 hours, do all such things and acts as directed by the coach to maintain an appearance befitting of that of the reputation and standing of the Wests Tigers”

…..and then hope Kiks shaves his head.