What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
I saw this also.

Flanagan is not a good option in my opinion. He's outwardly stated he wants a head coaching job. He's not going to be too motivated to see the WT do well while he occupies an assistant role. That alone would be a huge distraction for Madge.

Also Flanagan's communication around tactics is pretty poor based on what we have seen of him from on Fox Sports this year.

Wayne Lambkin has strong relations with plenty of young players and I would like to see him take one of the assistant roles. He's been head coach at Westfield Sports for years (in addition to running JF for WT which he does part time)

Would have coached a tonne of NRL players over the years, going back as far as David Klemmer as an example

View attachment 54742

Still very positive that both assistants have been moved on.
Though you would think if Madge survives the next 2 years, Flanagan may be automatically stepped up, if he plays his cards right and helps Madge to get the team more success?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Surely the club already employs one?
Seems incompetent for a professional sporting organisation not to take care of this area of player development.
You would hope so, but on field performance this season doesn't bear it out. Same with our defensive and attacking coaches, whatever they did in training sure didn't show when the game was on.

Tigerm

First Grade
Agree 100% - and looking at how the season finished with a centre pairing of Talau & Chee-Kam, you'd have to say that Peachy starts the year in the centres. He is an experienced 1st grade NRL player - only Roberts at the club can be called that.
Agree and imo, we only need a few to help the younger blokes through the tough games, as they will be another season tougher.

Not expecting to make the top 4 next season, but we were only a couple of (I thought) winnable games from making the 8 this year, so anything is possible?

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing rumours Grant isn't happy playing off the bench. Storm are yet again victims of their own success so I would be surprised if Grant or Smith end up at another club sometime in the near future. Also hearing rumours Storm are sick of Munster's shinanigans.

If we could nab any one of those three it would be f**king huge for us.

simmo05

Bench
Hearing rumours Grant isn't happy playing off the bench. Storm are yet again victims of their own success so I would be surprised if Grant or Smith end up at another club sometime in the near future. Also hearing rumours Storm are sick of Munster's shinanigans.

I've said Grant a couple of times, with no response...

Tiger Ted

Bench

I’d luv Munster but we have buckleys.The 2nd Brisbane franchise have the financial wherewithal plus the Bennett factor that absolutely ensures they will get Munster.