What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Unfortunately I can't find the article where Gould was singing Ciraldo's praises before the game but it talked about what he brought back from an overseas trip looking at coaching methods.

I think it was an American football team that got the players to compete against each other in a game of basketball to fire up their competitiveness. There isn't room for a net at the Bulldogs training fascility so he bought in a golf ball and a putter for some competitive putt putt.

Brilliant ! I know nothing fires me up more for a physical aggressive game than a round of mini golf with my grand kids. My wife wants me to stop because of the blood and broken bones afterwards but she reckons I just have to wear the consequences of my own actions.

Pezz70

Juniors
If Moses (as expected) doesn’t sign with us, we should have $1.4m a season to splash out on a player or players next year?

Depending on how Brooks performs this season (i.e. we may not need a 7?) we will have some serious cash to go to the player market with.
Has Moses not signed with Parra already? I thought the deal was done a couple of weeks ago.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hahaha, this is from the Avenger poster from the Eels, after Fridays game, but only a week or so ago on our site, was sprouting how good it was to keep Moses? Love it.

Couldn’t care less if Moses went to the Tigers now. Whatever we have offered, probably the largest in our history to a confirmed downhill skier who has less clutch than Fred Flinstone’s car is enough. And I’d also be insisting on 4 years maximum.”

Theres an old saying that you don’t see the problems, until you start losing.

Pezz70

Juniors
I don’t think people are getting carried away with anything, we have all had the same ride for a decade to know that, but we have tended to lose games that we were expected not to lose, which maybe would have seen us in the 8 over a few seasons, my expectation this year, is for some of those losses, not to happen and if we can win more than we lose (barring injuries), that is not unreasonable & then we are a chance.

Seriously, “the rebuild will take time” has been happening for over 10 years, it has to happen some time, why not now?

I do agree a couple of positions are iffy, but we won’t know by how much, till we start.

While I’m not a fan of Sheens, the coaching team he has assembled is pretty good and I will trust their judgement at this stage.
Halves is still gonna be our drama. I think Douehi is a pretty good player but still makes some poor decisions in terms of when to run the ball himself or pass, mostly biased in terms of running the ball himself, and Brooksy, mmmmmm, I stuck with him longer than most and even I can’t see any upside in him. He should be at the peak of his halfback powers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Halves is still gonna be our drama. I think Douehi is a pretty good player but still makes some poor decisions in terms of when to run the ball himself or pass, mostly biased in terms of running the ball himself, and Brooksy, mmmmmm, I stuck with him longer than most and even I can’t see any upside in him. He should be at the peak of his halfback powers.
Yep, surely Brooks will have run out of excuses, if he can’t do it this year. But, we just gotta hope he can do it.

Wizardman

First Grade
I have a feeling Moses won't be coming, Brooks will leave to go wherever he goes and we will sign George Williams and extend Doeuihi long term.

Just a feeling. I base this on nothing
Moses will definitely not come here. Even Parra know this, hence them sticking firm. He is more of a chance of (a) taking Parra's offer or (b) waiting till the mid-year deadline (which would piss Parra and fans right off).

Moses will definitely not come here. Even Parra know this, hence them sticking firm. He is more of a chance of (a) taking Parra's offer or (b) waiting till the mid-year deadline (which would piss Parra and fans right off).

I think he would enjoyed our attack yesterday.

He’s holding onto his cards.

Astute financially.

Hes not too worried about being popular. He might have given up on that ambition.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

The 28-year-old hit back at suggestions he was being greedy for wanting the most out of what could be his final deal in the NRL, and asked people to be patient as he and his manager try to lock in an extension with the Eels.

Hopefully this is true and he's not coming.

Fordy20

Juniors
Eels are right to dig their heels in at four years. Moses would be 33 at the start of a fifth year. No player is at their peak at 33 so it’s not realistic to expect top dollar at that point.

Das Hassler

Bench
Totally understandable a club wanting a long term contract for a player they want to keep but when it comes right down to it there's only one reason a player ( particularly an elite halfback) holds out for a longer deal... he doesn't trust that his own form longterm will continue to hold him in demand. I'd be quite surprised if any other club besides the Eels and WT would offer him more than 3 years

Tigerm

First Grade
Teddy used that racist slur against the lone Vietnamese girl at the pub to show off to his mates.

He refused to apologise.

Denigrates and demeans our whole club for no reason except to talk himself up. This has happened several times.

If the @Everlovin' Antichrist cant manage Moses sordid tanking, I can’t manage Teddys arrogance and racism.

He’s a low gutted dog of a human being, a special kind of brain dead flog, a national embarrassment and his footy is on the slide.

If any of my kids turn out like Teddy, I’m disowning them.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I think it’s deadline time for me Mitch.I’d like to see a couple more games from him to see if he’s become money lazy

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Teddy used that racist slur against the lone Vietnamese girl at the pub to show off to his mates.

He refused to apologise.

Denigrates and demeans our whole club for no reason except to talk himself up. This has happened several times.

If the @Everlovin' Antichrist cant manage Moses sordid tanking, I can’t manage Teddys arrogance and racism.

He’s a low gutted dog of a human being, a special kind of brain dead flog, a national embarrassment and his footy is on the slide.

If any of my kids turn out like Teddy, I’m disowning them.
If he helps us get into top 8 of 4 I’m sure we could forgive him for being a chump. I think he learnt his lesson. Anyway didn’t you like a gay hating post somewhere recently and whatever else.
I don’t like the idea of planning for 2 years ahead esp if it’s for an old man..sualli, manu different story

Last edited:
News Corp just love to keep a story going !!

‘Wouldn’t play with him’: Rumours of bitter feud before Jackson Hastings’ Tigers exit​

It has been revealed a rumoured feud between Jackson Hastings and Wests Tigers’ star recruit John Bateman led to the halfback’s sudden exit.

A rumoured feud between Knights playmaker Jackson Hastings and off-season recruit John Bateman may have been a factor in the halfback’s departure from the Wests Tigers.
Hastings, 27, left for the Hunter in a swap deal with prop David Klemmer joining Tim Sheens and the Tigers for 2023.

Hastings and Bateman played a season together in the Super League for Wigan Warriors in 2021 and reportedly didn’t see eye-to-eye.

Then when news began circling Bateman was set to return to the NRL — he apparently made one thing clear to Sheens, Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah.

“The funny thing was as soon as we got wind that Bateman was going there, I got told that he wouldn’t play with Jackson Hastings,” the Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley said on NRL 360.

“I inquired about that story and I got told that Hastings didn’t have a problem with Bateman, but I am pretty sure the other way around was an issue.

“And so following that about a week later, Jackson ends up in Newcastle and there you go. But there’s no issues....”

NRL 360 co-host Paul Kent added: “Bateman and Hastings were teammates at Wigan and didn’t get on there, to the point where Hastings left.”

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio also explained Hastings’ outward support of embattled coach Michael Maguire also led to his departure from the merger club.

“I think Jackson’s quite vocal support of Michael Maguire as well through that turbulent period, also played a role in, I wouldn’t say his departure, but his perception within the club,” Riccio said.

“Certainly that’s eventually led to his exit.”

Hastings was also shifted to lock during the back-end of his stint with the Tigers, while he is currently wearing the No.7 jersey for the Knights.

The former Man of Steel said that is his preferred position but made it clear he doesn’t “have anything to prove to anyone” ahead of this week’s clash with the Tigers.

“For me it is just another game, it is a club I played for… a club I thought I was going to be at for a long period of time,” Hastings said on Tuesday.

“Ultimately I ended up at the Knights which I am very grateful for too… I don’t play to prove anything to anyone besides myself and my teammates.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m not there… I don’t have anything to prove to anyone.”

NRL360 host Braith Anasta isn’t buying it and is certain it is a grudge match for Hastings who makes up a new-look Newcastle spine with Kalyn Ponga and Lachie Miller.

“I love his attitude, I love what he says, but I don’t believe it,” Anasta said.

“He would want to win against his old club, who didn’t really want him, or supposedly.”