What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade

Tigers linked with playmaker as $1m Brooks call looms​

The club must decide whether to keep faith in him long-term — most likely on a significantly reduced contract — or look elsewhere, with talk they could try and lure former Canberra halfback George Williams back from the Super League or target some of the big names coming off contract including Jack Wighton, Shaun Johnson or Kyle Flanagan.

Fingers crossed, that someone sees the light.

Pezz70

Juniors

Tigers linked with playmaker as $1m Brooks call looms​

The club must decide whether to keep faith in him long-term — most likely on a significantly reduced contract — or look elsewhere, with talk they could try and lure former Canberra halfback George Williams back from the Super League or target some of the big names coming off contract including Jack Wighton, Shaun Johnson or Kyle Flanagan.

Fingers crossed, that someone sees the light.
Most likely more media BS

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm hearing a strong rumour we are planning to move Laurie, Doeuihi and Brooks on and using the money (plus what we already have in cap) on making a big play for both Williams and Wighton together.

I'm hearing it from the echo in my bathroom because I just made it up

1. Bula
2. Junior
3. Kepoa
4. Naden
5. Staines
6. Wighton
7. Williams

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm hearing a strong rumour we are planning to move Laurie, Doeuihi and Brooks on and using the money (plus what we already have in cap) on making a big play for both Williams and Wighton together.

1. Bula
2. Junior
3. Kepoa
4. Naden
5. Staines
6. Wighton
7. Williams
I think some members of the press have read your posts on this issue, as that is basically what they are saying:)

Ned Kelly

Juniors

1. Bula
2. Junior
3. Kepoa
4. Naden
5. Staines
6. Wighton
7. Williams
The echoe in your bathroom is a raliable source as 98% of the rumours posted here. For example roughly 200 posts that Woods is returning to the Tigers. Differance being I like what you heard.

big hit!

Bench
Would have to pay overs to get Wighton. Team still needs a FB, and more importantly, a general.

Bula is possibly the FB. If he comes through, that'll be cheap. Club needs to make the call if he's the one and develop him properly.

There are no halves coming through the club as far as I'm aware.

He seems to have social issues, but from a game perspective, Hastings was a HB who organised and created tries with an inferior forward pack. This season, Tigers are easily top 10 in forwards metres and post contact metres metrics. There is just no one there who can direct the play and execute something on 4th and 5th tackles.

Williams a better get for mine. He's an organiser which the club crucially needs.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Would have to pay overs to get Wighton. Team still needs a FB, and more importantly, a general.

Bula is possibly the FB. If he comes through, that'll be cheap. Club needs to make the call if he's the one and develop him properly.

There are no halves coming through the club as far as I'm aware.

He seems to have social issues, but from a game perspective, Hastings was a HB who organised and created tries with an inferior forward pack. This season, Tigers are easily top 10 in forwards metres and post contact metres metrics. There is just no one there who can direct the play and execute something on 4th and 5th tackles.

Williams a better get for mine. He's an organiser which the club crucially needs.
Williams is unequivocally superior to Wighton re what we desperately need however & unsurprisingly the Warrington boss has come out & put the kibosh on it

BrotherJim05

Bench
We desperately need someone like Williams. He's in the same mould as Bateman in that he wants to win and will not accept a piss weak effort. Api must be doing his head in right now at the lack of halves being able to keep up with him. I have no doubt Williams would gel well with him and if we could get Wighton across as well we may be on to something.

It's all wishful thinking but it's clear we need to move Brooks, Doeuihi and Laurie on and purchase two completely new halves. Look at how much Cowboys improved with Townsend and Dearden? The coach can't do much if the fkn halves aren't implementing his game plan correctly so go out and find some halves that will!

Pezz70

Juniors
Williams is unequivocally superior to Wighton re what we desperately need however & unsurprisingly the Warrington boss has come out & put the kibosh on it
Wighton way better player than Williams, but I will concede Williams would be worth his weight in gold at this point in Tigers history

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL 360 saying Tigers are hunting Mitch Pearce $750k a season for 2 seasons. Is there another word for worse than basket case, maybe cluster …….

BREAKING: Wests Tigers chasing Mitchell Pearce in drastic bid to save season​

Shit, f**k and any other expletive you wish to add. Someone would have to be moved on, they couldn't afford both surely.

Last edited:
Pearce is a decent NRL standard halfback. Would be an okay stop gap and doesn’t let Brooks bend us over a barrel if we are stuck without a halfback for next year. Ideally Williams would be the play though.

Put it this was, I would take Pearce over Johnson, Flanagan or Brooks in a heartbeat.

Pezz70

Juniors
Pearce is a decent NRL standard halfback. Would be an okay stop gap and doesn’t let Brooks bend us over a barrel if we are stuck without a halfback for next year. Ideally Williams would be the play though.

Put it this was, I would take Pearce over Johnson, Flanagan or Brooks in a heartbeat.
I wonder if James Maloney might be interested🙄