What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours Thread

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
We really need a thread to discuss all rumours that involve the dragons. I will start it off with Russell Packer. I think we should be looking at him because he may be the type we need.

Last edited:
But is it rumours or just who we want in the place? If it's rumours we're talking about they need to either be sourced or if they're based on confidential insider knowledge then you need to give a disclaimer.

I wouldn't mind Packer either, but has anyone linked him with us? It's only a rumour if someone has.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
We really need a thread to discuss all rumours that involve the dragons. I will start it off with Russell Packer. I think we should be looking at him because he may be the type we need.

Well rename it the 'I think we should be looking at him thread' as opposed to a 'rumours thread'

BrissyRedV

Bench
If it is just who we would like to be pursued, Caleb Timu from the Broncos and Shannon Boyd from the Raiders both look to not have contracts beyond this season. Packer would not be a bad pick up either.

As for actual legit factual true rumours.... I have none.

possm

Coach
If only there was some good news to tell. I'd like to be able to say:
Price has resigned
Doust has been sacked

However I won't because I am afraid it's not going to happen.

Steelman

Juniors
News Flash people : There is no big mongrel prop on the radar : There will be no new coach signed in the short term to replace Price....There will be more fringe player's signed during the off season....
:roll:

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
This thread can be used to post both legitimate rumours and people who you would like to come the the dragons (including board members)

nrlnrl

First Grade
News Flash people : There is no big mongrel prop on the radar : There will be no new coach signed in the short term to replace Price....There will be more fringe player's signed during the off season....
:roll:

does that mean negotiations have broken down with the Pommie prop ?

RedVDave

First Grade
I have it on good authority from an extremely realiable source that this won't be the only rumours thread started this year.

nrlnrl

First Grade
heard on I think jjj radio station that neil henry has knocked back the parra job

he's not coming to the Dragons either, Price to be there for start of 2014 - don't know if there will be a line in the sand for him though ( i.e. - X number of wins by round X )

Seeing as this is titled a "rumours thread", I thought I'd attempt To put into context and help understand the relativity of truth in Posts on this Forum.

I thought I'd do this by compiling a list of 16 "truth qualifiers" and giving them a ranking.

This "order of truth" may be assumed knowleged by seasoned posters, but can be useful as a ready reckoner especially to help new posters.

It helps us understand how wishful thinking Progresses into a rumour, and can either lead to an out and out lie or half truths, and / or positive spin, and if it survives ...maybe even become "the truth".

Make of it what you will.... : )

Please feel free to add or delete or add your comments or Change the order - and remember to list your source.

Ahem....

1. I wish...

2. A sharks supporter told me ...

3. The Daily Telegraph reports....

4. Steve Price said so...

5. A (pissed) sharks supporter told me...

6. Make of that what you will... (example above)

7. I read on another forum...

8. Peter Doust said so.... / a board member Close to me (dead heat)

9. Rumour has it... (this thread)

10. Possm says... (could swap with next)

11. Mickeylane / "my agents in the field are telling me..." (could swap with previous)

12. SMH / Illawarra Mercury reports...

13. I have it on good authority...

14. It's a done deal...

15. It's signed Sealed and delivered...

16. Expect a press conference in next 24 hrs

17. (subject) Interview on Dragons TV...

Cheers