What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours Thread

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Rumour on sportal.com.au that dragons close to signing parramatta eels winger
Brayden wiliame. If true wow how many backs do we have. I wish they will go and sign few big forwards

gonz

Juniors
Brayden wiliame. If true wow how many backs do we have. I wish they will go and sign few big forwards

This being the case surely our coaching staff
are smart Enuff to realise we need props? Surely ?

tumbidragon

First Grade
What forwards do you want them to sign when the decent ones are already signed.
Have to agree. There really is sweet f**k all on the markets until 2015. Cooper and Thompson will hopefully prove to be astute buys for 2014. While not being a monster pack ala Dogs, Rabbits. It should still be able to compete.
We will have to rely on young Fullas like Bomber, Stockwell, Mez and Friz to go up another gear. Out of those 4 I can see our pair of Jacks being able to carry more weight comfortably for that extra bulk to get a roll on.

Here's hoping.

jenninga

First Grade

yep,heard this from a parra fan also,don't get it.

TheRev

Coach
We dont have any actual decent wingers in lower grades, but id probably rather be using Runciman or Farrell on the wing than anyone else.

Seems like a lot of lower grade replenishment going on.. might bare fruit longterm, I suspect that they failed with the big prop signing and this is a way of filling the cap for 2014.

Twenty10

Juniors
We dont have any actual decent wingers in lower grades, but id probably rather be using Runciman or Farrell on the wing than anyone else.

Seems like a lot of lower grade replenishment going on.. might bare fruit longterm, I suspect that they failed with the big prop signing and this is a way of filling the cap for 2014.

"Bare fruit longterm"... Hmmm. Wouldn't mind some f**king fruit in 2014 thanks

grouch

First Grade
Made his FG debut this year and picked up a few tries. We're set for first grade wingers so depth is all we need. He's ok

i think other than shit canning all these new signings we should embrace them, regardless of our personel opinions regarding recruitment and the philosophies behind them and welcome the new recruits with optimism and the hope that by coming to the dragons might be the move that makes them a better player and they have their break out year because of coming here and now their in the red and white their one of us!

TruSaint

Referee
i think other than shit canning all these new signings we should embrace them, regardless of our personel opinions regarding recruitment and the philosophies behind them and welcome the new recruits with optimism and the hope that by coming to the dragons might be the move that makes them a better player and they have their break out year because of coming here and now their in the red and white their one of us!

Yep well said WCD.
Some great young signings, even recently have been discarded by others, and turned in quality. Easts didnt rate Jamie... 2010 ? Doesnt always happen, but its up to the rcruits to earn a spot.

PS good to see your hair in still in order :D:D

Yep well said WCD.
Some great young signings, even recently have been discarded by others, and turned in quality. Easts didnt rate Jamie... 2010 ? Doesnt always happen, but its up to the rcruits to earn a spot.

PS good to see your hair in still in order :D:D
thanx brother the red and white just works does'nt it?

Well said - I agree

RONG

Juniors
Maybe the powers that be at the club are looking at moving on some of our higher paid outside backs and replacing them with younger and less expensive players. This would save even more money for more experienced forwards.

possm

Coach
Maybe the powers that be at the club are looking at moving on some of our higher paid outside backs and replacing them with younger and less expensive players. This would save even more money for more experienced forwards.

I hoope not. Morris and Nightingale are two of our best performers and are at the peak of their football careers. I say hold on to them. I think any under performers in the backs from season 2013, are not in the 2014 roster.

Dugan, Morris, Nightingale and Widdop are established top performers.
Competion for our centres and halfback position will be intense which is likely to result in a higher standard of performance in 2014.

I think we have the right mix and just can't wait to see how it all unfolds.