What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run the Ball Finch

How Cayless is on $400,000 a season is beyond me, does this guy actually make any metres? I wonder how it is that people dont see he is f**king ordinary at best. Cordoba is as bad as lowrie f**k our forwards suck.

Wow it must be a blue moon cause I agree with ya. In the 1st half of this game, I was asking were the hell our our forwards.....

Avenger

Immortal
Jake

If Tim Smith had Finch's toughness he would have been the greatest 7 we have produced since Sterling.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Wow it must be a blue moon cause I agree with ya. In the 1st half of this game, I was asking were the hell our our forwards.....

Jake i dont mind paying credit where its due but Cayless made some good clean ups in the scond half but mostly has 1 good game every 12 months. I mean even Chad Robinson can atleast break the advantage line and get a hand free and even Lowrie can look more dangerous, f**k its pretty grim for cayless then.

I mean he hits the line and like he has hit a brick wall and just falls softly to the ground? I dont get his price tag of $400,000? I mean at another Club he would be a bench player if that!!! maybe worth $150,000 maximum. I mean how is he on more than Hindy our second rower make more metres and look way more dangerous

get him out of the halves ffs yes he tries hard yes he gives 100% every week but lets face it he isnt a halfbacks arsehole how many of his kicks tonight went nowhere? a good kicking game is critical for field position it can win you games when it goes right and lose them when it goes wrong

bartman

Immortal
Finch can't kick as well as Tim, never could. Kicking in the opposition half is a key factor in getting back-to-back sets.

But first you have to get in teh opposition half... and tonight our forwards weren't very good at getting us there in the first 50mins. Bulldogs shaped up and gave us a real run for our money.

Finch however was instrumental in try scoring movements, even though many final tackle optionswere unsuccessful, in quite poor ways as well when we were on the back foot. So long as he's getting some percentage of final tackle plays right for tries under these circumstances, then I guess a win is a win.

Gronk

Staff member
FMD Finchy was everywhere last night. I lost count how many times he mopped up what Tautai & Williams f**ked up. His kicking was by and large good and found the grass in good space save one or two.

It's the usual suspects in this forum. Week after week posting the same anti-player crap against Finch, Lowrie, Reddy & Co. Facts are that these guys are digging deep and playing well.

Raudonikis

Juniors
I thought finchy went ok to and his clearing kicks were pretty good..Some people are never happy & seem to want pick on him no matter what...
On a side note i watched wigan on thursday and TSmith played pretty good at 5/8, was running more than i ever saw him at parra.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I have to agree with the positives. Finch usually does run the ball and usually has a good attacking kicking game close to the line but we didn't see that tonight because WE WERE HARDLY EVER CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE DOGS LINE TO SCORE. His clearing kicks were good though...

scottyeel

Bench
I have to agree with the positives. Finch usually does run the ball and usually has a good attacking kicking game close to the line but we didn't see that tonight because WE WERE HARDLY EVER CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE DOGS LINE TO SCORE. His clearing kicks were good though...
He had a good chance to run it early in the 2nd half but instead put a crap kick in on the 3rd tackle that no-one knew about and kicked it dead.

InuHayneMateo

Juniors
Give Kris Keating the kicking duties. Couldn't do any worse than Finch, M. Keating kicks out of dummy half arn't to shabby either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was a very good player who got hounded out of the game by wowsers.

I wouldn't say he was mentally pissweak. He was an immature young bloke who was shat on by his mates, his club and the fans right when he needed them the most. If he was five years older he would have been able to tough it out. As a young bloke, he needed the support of his club and his team.

Right...So thats why the club stood him down, knowing full well we needed him, and got him couselling...

The anti-Finch-but-pro-Smith Brigade is again on full swing I see. :roll:

Parra

Referee
I like Finch. I am glad he is in the team. That has nothing to do with packing Tim Smith off to Europe.

There is a big difference between issuing a press release and then following through on it. The counselling we supplied was a lesson in loyalty - there is none.

Bigfella

Coach
He is not a first grade halfback but Gronk Bartman and Stagger will apologise for him forever.

He is killing our RHS defence. Everything the bulldogs did in the first half took advantage of him running out of the line and the overlaps down that side. Him TT and WIlliams as a combo may have been the worst defensive trio I have ever seen a Parra side field.

Week after week this problem cruels us. Hagan has to go frankly.

As for his general play - he still can't pass the ball at schoolboy level.

Anyone who says he kicked well last night I have massive concerna aout.

There are a couple of blokes in this team who have been so bad at stages you almost wonder if they are doing it deliberately.

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus guys....yes, Finch is a poor halfback...but Timmy is gone, leave him the f**k alone all of you.

Hagan is responsible for the way Finch played on Saturday. As much as I dislike Finch as a seven, it was Hagan who took Matt Keating and Mateo off and shifted KK to hooker, which left Finch with no assistance.

bartman

Immortal
He is not a first grade halfback but Gronk Bartman and Stagger will apologise for him forever.
Simply because like him or not, we have no-one else. There is no alternative, no-one to promote and no-one to swap him with, because our number one choice this season walked out. The timing of which also severly limited the choices for next season, given the state of the market and the lack of time the club then had to sew someone up for 2009.

I don't think I apologise for him, but am just a realist no longer caught up in Tim Smith 2005 nostalgia.... There's no doubt Finch is not one of the top halfbacks in the game. Finch tries, which was more than a lot of his teammates seemed to be doing for a few months there. It is a 17 man game, no half back alone (not even the much lauded Joey) is enough to win you games without a few friends having good games alongside him.

BF, even Bazal can understand the specifics of why last week was not one of Finch's best games, without needing to have a go at other forummers, and he hasn't been a vocal Finch supporter by any means.

Bigfella

Coach
Yeah mate, fair enough.

And yes, the move of KK to hooker was bizarre.

Surely Burt could have taken that role. All he did all night were a couple of darts from centre field dummy half. They were actually very handy runs. He certainly wasn't playing a winger's game.

And Barty, what do you think of the idea that Keating play 7 and have an opportunity to use that speed off the mark and step from first receiver; domore of the attacking play; letting Finch concentrate on his short passing at second receiver and continue to do the high kicking?

Latest posts