What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running through the scrum

The Preacher

First Grade
kbw said:
You can run behind someone as much as you want, just as long as it doesn't impede anyone trying to tackle you.

Oh unless your playing St George because they are so good they can tackle you from anywhere, it comes from having big eyes in their GREAT BIG HEADS.[/quote]

Don't forget one other thing kbw, they also have , A TEAM IN THE NRL. :lol:

If Bob ( The Choirboy ) Saunders new how to run a club, you wouldn't be running around bleating all day with "bring back the bears".
You should be on the Rookwood Forum where all they talk about is dead things.:cry:

Once Dead

Bench
The Wests Tigers players in the scrum split to opposite sides right? Galea just ran through the parted sea of players and made the Dragons look like fools

Dragon_psa

First Grade
If memory sserves me correctly, Robert Stone scored a try in the 1977 GF doing more or less the same thing. Good play by the Tiges.

CyberKev

Staff member
Bring Back the Spliff said:
May as well make "Beating St. George-Illawarra" illegal then! :lol:

As I say - IF the Saints forwards had broken from the scrum ASAP - as a good forward does anyway - and been paying attention to what was actually going on around them - they could have stopped that break. Easily.

But they didn't.

Illegal? PFFFFF! Cry me a river.....:p

And u think THAT was the difference between your side and the Tigers tonight??...Oh PLEASE!!

Desperation.

Nice to see you could derive all that fantasy from the small amount of words I wrote on the topic. Clearly you're one of those lucky types who never runs the danger of being bored when he's all alone.

The incident was an isolated one that had no bearing on the contest, but as it involved a shepherding/obstruction like movement I was merely expressing surprise that it was allowed under the rules of the game.

Some of us actually follow the sport more generally outside of the narrow confines of our own team allegiances.

Thanks to MH for providing the rule interpretation.

No thanks to yourself and Paullyboy for the self-aggrandising behaviour.

kbw

Bench
Tell me where I have cried "bring back the bears" you goose.
Yes I support the bears, I always will while they are playing in some form.

My point and I will make it again is that the Dragons have so many players with BIG HEADS that play for themselves. Barrett Ryles being the prime examples.

Raider Azz

Bench
Yeah, righto then...It's still a shepherd.

I bet you are the same kind of annoying prat that pronounces defence 'Deee-Fence' and talks fondly of 'Hang Time' on bombs as well??

Anal twat...
im not being anal, it's what it's called you dickhead. like paulyboy said, maybe some of you guys should understand the rules before you go shooting your mouth off.

Raider_Azz said:
im not being anal, it's what it's called you dickhead. like paulyboy said, maybe some of you guys should understand the rules before you go shooting your mouth off.

Understand the rules? Wha??

Mate - I said from post 1 here the move was perfectly legal in my eyes - whether you call it a shepherd or a fireman, an obstruction or an obstetrician! MH (Who is a referee I understand) - has laid the rules out nice and clearly for you above. If you still fail to understand them...that is not my problem, I'm afraid!

CyberKev said:
Nice to see you could derive all that fantasy from the small amount of words I wrote on the topic. Clearly you're one of those lucky types who never runs the danger of being bored when he's all alone.

The incident was an isolated one that had no bearing on the contest, but as it involved a shepherding/obstruction like movement I was merely expressing surprise that it was allowed under the rules of the game.

Some of us actually follow the sport more generally outside of the narrow confines of our own team allegiances.

Thanks to MH for providing the rule interpretation.

No thanks to yourself and Paullyboy for the self-aggrandising behaviour.

Fair enough.

Although the comment "I can't believe a play like that could be legal!" smacked ever so slightly of p*ssing & moaning...I take your claim that's not, in fact - what u were doing @ face value - apologies!

As for your comment: "Some of us actually follow the sport more generally outside of the narrow confines of our own team allegiances." - In general - I find St.George fans to bve amonst the most arrogant, insular and blindly one-eyed fans in the entire NRL...they seem to think they have some kind of divine right to win - and will NEVER hear a bad word said about their club - and I guess I was just tarring you with the same brush there! Which was unfair. :)

Raider Azz

Bench
Understand the rules? Wha??

Mate - I said from post 1 here the move was perfectly legal in my eyes - whether you call it a shepherd or a fireman, an obstruction or an obstetrician! MH (Who is a referee I understand) - has laid the rules out nice and clearly for you above. If you still fail to understand them...that is not my problem, I'm afraid!
i understand the rules perfectly, which is why i expressed my annoyance at commentators like ray warren calling it a "sheperd" when that is not the correct term.

Latest posts