What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Borg

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I believe this kid has signed with us. Formely of Wests flegg. I just dont remember seeing his name on any lists??? Can someone in the know help me out please.

If he has signed i think its a good thing! He got the player of the tournament in the Orrara 7's last year as he carved up non stop! He is currently playing for the Maltese team and beside being a classy half can slot in the fullback position quite nicely. He will also keep those lady fans happy! Wittyfan included!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
wittyfan said:
I will keep my eyes open for him. I'm always on the lookout for young talent. :)

He has the olive complexion witty! Slightly off your love for the anglo man:)

The Nulla #2

Bench
yeh hes signed..

Hes mate of a bloke here at work, my mate reckons hes a decent player.

dont know much else hahaha

Sharkie™

Juniors
i saw him play for the maltese knights, he could be a very strong signin for us with the correct development..

Snoop Shark

First Grade
ShArKsMaN said:
i saw him play for the maltese knights, he could be a very strong signin for us with the correct development..

Put it this way he is the back bone of the Maltese Knights!

For some odd reason the Knights have Ben Sammut(yes former shark) as their prefered 5/8th with Luke Brannighan(hmm yep) as half! That means for their last few games Borgy has been playing fullback and doing it well! IMO Borgy is a half and a GREAT one at that! Cant wait to see this little Malteser in sharks colours!

Just for the record the Maltese Kights beat the Greeks a few months back(and the greeks flew Michael Korkidas in from England to play:lol: )!

wittyfan

Referee
Here's some pics of Ryan:

ryan_b.jpg

ryan_3.jpg

Not bad. :)

And here's an extensive biography on him:

http://www.imagesofpower.com/bios/ryan_b.htm

Sharkie™

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
Put it this way he is the back bone of the Maltese Knights!

pretty much, good to see a maltese team formed and i have spoken to family over in malta and rugby league interest is growing.

MRLA

Juniors
http://world.rleague.com/malta//photos/orara/Ryan Borg.jpg

http://world.rleague.com/malta//photos/orara/pic15.jpg

A couple more pictures of Ryan up top...

Ryan scored the first ever 'rugby league' try on Maltese soil recently when Malta defeated England Lionhearts at Marsa Stadium in Malta on a historic moment for Maltese sports, where he earnt the player of the match award and was scouted by the Malta Olympic Committee for his pace/speed.

Ryan wasn't released by the Sharks to play in the upcoming Orara Valley Sevens for Malta, however his brother Scott from Wests Magpies has made his way into the squad.

Bluebag

Juniors
Ryan was released from Wests started training with Newtown and then went to train with Souths and now signed with the Sharks. That is his journey so far this season. He will be a Shark.