What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Cross Bitchin again

I'll be surprised if Stuart wants Cross in the NSW team. Defensively, he still makes too many mistakes. Nothing wrong with his technique, but he doesn't read the game at all well. In the pressure-cooker of Origin -- he'd get found out.

Renowned League Expert said:
I'll be surprised if Stuart wants Cross in the NSW team. Defensively, he still makes too many mistakes. Nothing wrong with his technique, but he doesn't read the game at all well. In the pressure-cooker of Origin -- he's get found out.

I agree. I also think he just doesnt have that spark in attack. Sure he can run through a gap....but he cant make his own break or put something really special on.

I dont like Mark Gasnier at all.....but I'd take him over Cross every day of the week.

imasharkie

Coach
Gasnier and Cooper don't know how to pass the ball. In the game against the Tigers they both hogged the ball and I thought they were going to lose the Dragons the game and they will cause NSW to lose the SOO. I don't like Cross or Gidley but I would prefer them as the centres for NSW.

gregstar

Referee
imasharkie said:
Gasnier and Cooper don't know how to pass the ball. In the game against the Tigers they both hogged the ball and I thought they were going to lose the Dragons the game and they will cause NSW to lose the SOO. I don't like Cross or Gidley but I would prefer them as the centres for NSW.
are you serious?
who won the game for the dragons?
gasnier let rip with an unbelievable offload for one try as he did against manly.
seek therapy

lil ripsta

Cross is one of my favourite players and I hope he makes it in the NSW side.
He has had alot of bad luck with injuries and needs some thing to reward his good form.

imasharkie

Coach
gregstar said:
imasharkie said:
are you serious?
gasnier let rip with an unbelievable offload for one try as he did against manly.
seek therapy

Damn he passed the ball once in the whole game and Gregstar I am allowed an opinion after all this is a forum.
Therapy
Stone the crows!!!

OVP

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Ryan "What about me?" Cross.

What a twerp.

I'd take Gaz or Coops on one leg before I'd take Cross.

Excuse me, where in that article does Cross actually whinge or complain about something ? All he says it that it was probably a selection trial as the Australian centres play for Qld and noone owns the position yet. Did you even read the article ?

For the record, the centres WILL be Cooper and Gasnier imo.

gregstar

Referee
imasharkie said:
gregstar said:
imasharkie said:
are you serious?
seek therapy

Damn he passed the ball once in the whole game and Gregstar I am allowed an opinion after all this is a forum.
Therapy
Stone the crows!!!
quite right! you can share your opinion but when you trot out....
imasharkie said:
Gasnier and Cooper don't know how to pass the ball.
you deserve to know just how dopey your opinion is

OVP said:

What a twerp.

Excuse me, where in that article does Cross actually whinge or complain about something ? All he says it that it was probably a selection trial as the Australian centres play for Qld and noone owns the position yet. Did you even read the article ?

You're excused.

The "what about me?" speech.

"Ryan Cross has claimed the performances of he and his fellow centres in last night's City-Country game should count for more than anything NSW selection favourites Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier do in a club match tonight."

Cross has a bad habit of opening his trap, last season he WAS whining about not being picked for reps and now he's doing it again, just in a different way.

We don't need to read anything he says about himself in comparison to other players.

We have eyes and he is a CAT and one of the VERY few NRL players I don't respect.

tiger_nick

Bench
3. Gasnier
4. Cross

IMO

Cooper is the biggest hog in the NRL, worse then Anasta. Ive heard Dragons fans say he dosen't pass it cause their wingers are rubbish. He could have Lote Tuquri outside him and wouldnt pass it.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
3. Gasnier
4. Cross

IMO

Cooper is the biggest hog in the NRL, worse then Anasta. Ive heard Dragons fans say he dosen't pass it cause their wingers are rubbish. He could have Lote Tuquri outside him and wouldnt pass it.

Brent Tate is up there for ball hogs

White Poiner

Coach
aqua_duck said:
white pointer! said:
King is crap and overated. Ryan cross is heaps better.
Take that u bios heap of fool.
King was shithouse all last night he did not once pass the ball to his winger. And di sh*t all for the night, cross kicked his ass.
If i had bumper farrell outisde me I wouldnt pass either, and Cross was been marked by Gidley, in other words he was being marked by no one.

Wat an excuse king was crap. He could of put covel in heaps of gaps but just went himself and got snapped.
Covel played very well and showed that he deserved selection. Stop being nieve covel is now a rep quality player.

MEATWAD

Juniors
OVP said:

What a twerp.

You're excused.

"Ryan Cross has claimed the performances of he and his fellow centres in last night's City-Country game should count for more than anything NSW selection favourites Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier do in a club match tonight."

Cross has a bad habit of opening his trap, last season he WAS whining about not being picked for reps and now he's doing it again, just in a different way.

We don't need to read anything he says about himself in comparison to other players.

No, you're excused, as obviously you failed (or never attempted) English comprehension at school. Cross said no such thing, the quote you provide is what the reporter wrote, not what Cross said. The only quote from Cross is nothing like the interpretation placed on it by the reporter, or the hyperbolic crap that posters on this thread appear to read into the (non-existent) comments.

Which brings me to Translation, you can state your opinions as much as you like, but the facts don't support them one little bit.

[/b]

Dog-E

Juniors
I dont understand how Cross scores so many tries!...he's not strong - he doesn't have a step to speak of - he's just a bit quick!...And yet - almost every time i see him play, he makes break after break!

Players just seem to fall off im - But I can't figure out why or how!?!? :?

Still - long as he's doing the business - which he has been - I guess he deserves to be in the running....Tho his defence is rather suspect.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Crossy's defence is a lot better than it has been in the past. He is quite strong, but he's lost a bit of pace since his injuries. I think Gasnier will get one spot. The other one is a little more difficult to pick though.

Dog-E

Juniors
Cross just often makes poor decisions in defence.

Willie Tonga made about a million metres in the GF with Cross hanging off him up high - Tonga just held him off and made 10-15-20m every time!...Cross needed to go low on Tonga - EVERYONE knows he has a monster fend - Can't run without legs!

Still - suited us just fine, thanks! :D

Dog-E

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
King made mince meat of the broncos a few weeks back, and he made some good runs last night as well. He will be a hand full for QLD if he's selected.

I don't think he did enough last night....He played Ok - but I actually ecpected him to be a lot more involved & devastating!

But it ain't over yet, of course - doesn't really help him with the Storm having the bye this weekend! But another 2 good games after that tho - and who knows!?

OVP said:

What a twerp.

You're excused.

MEATWAD said:
No, you're excused, as obviously you failed (or never attempted) English comprehension at school.

Actually, I have a PHD in f**kwit from the University of Wooloomooloo, which is why I can take on the onerous task of trying to understand what you're trying to overstate.

Ryan Cross said, according to the report, that the centres in the City/Country match should be given credence over the two players who are favourites for the NSW centre spots, Gasnier and Cooper.

I'm sure he was in particular referring to Lewis, King and Gidley, not trying to push his own barrow. :roll:

MEATWAD said:
Cross said no such thing, the quote you provide is what the reporter wrote, not what Cross said.

Well shit, if he didn't say or suggest it, he should sue the lying reporter.

MEATWAD said:
The only quote from Cross is nothing like the interpretation placed on it by the reporter, or the hyperbolic crap that posters on this thread appear to read into the (non-existent) comments.

LOL @ the use of the word hyperbolic.

You twat.

So, where is the actual comment that the reporter turned around to make look like Cross was blowing his own trumpet?

MEATWAD said:
Which brings me to Translation, you can state your opinions as much as you like, but the facts don't support them one little bit.

Funny you said that, your opinion on his opinion is a bit that way too.

Bottom line: Cross is an average centre who loves himself a bit too much.