What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Cross

Green Evil

Juniors
After reading the story about Ryan Cross in todays telegraph im thinking it could be a good idea for the raiders to look at him. He is a proven performer and is a sizeable athlete. They need to be looking to get Joel Thompson out of the centres and into the 2nd row as his edge defence has been letting us down and it would get him more involved in the game which can only be of benefit. Cross proved at the roosters that he is a good defender and with his size and speed is a threat in attack. He looked good at the Waratahs last year as well. There is only Croker and Berrigan and then a host of guys like Wighton, Hodge and Chee Kam in the toyota cup that can play centre. I think he would be a good cheap option for the raiders to get some experience into their backline.

Thoughts?

Im not sure he would come cheap. He has also been out of league now for awhile and isnt getting younger.

I havent seen him play in some time but I really dont see the benefits of signing him , I know it would be good to have some more depth but he wouldnt be a depth signing.

If we did he would have to be a starting centre , so that would mean Croker and Cross , Berrigan goes either to dummy half or on the bench.

aussies1st

Staff member
Really depends what happens with our hooker situation. If they stand up and we don't need Berrigan there then we don't need Cross but if they don't then Berrigan probably needs to move there so Cross would be handy in that aspect.

Latest posts