What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Has any body here seen my old friend RYAN ???? Song sound familiar ??
When he started in this Gig , i thought finally we have someone who can take us somewhere .
Plenty of updates on player movement , club news etc etc but sadly he seems to have slipped into the ether that consumes most at the Dragons
We have heard ZIP out of him for ages..Has he been rained in by by the powers that be ?
Has he realised he has no clout there ?
i am aware that he regularly peruses this site reading with interest the constructive views of many on here ...
Members and supporters of this once great Club are treated with contempt by the Board who think they know best
Is anyone accountable for the mess we are presently in ?
Who takes responsibility for the signing of players that has now brought this once mighty Club to its knees .. Webb Haran Millward Yound Doust etc etc All still there ....as the Club wallows
We now have an out of touch Coach , who , similar to the last disaster , has a preferred few, that get selected even though their form is way below that expected
Many on here sing the praises of some of our promising juniors such as Sullivan Sloan etc etc but they are continually held back with little or no reason given , but at the same time other Clubs are blooding juniors on a regular basis , some much younger than ours Sualli etc
Many on here are continually frustrated by selection with little or no reason given why or why not..This week Frank Molo ...nothing..Lomax in,,,nothing ..Maccullough ..seriously
Questions to Mr Webb
Is our Coach purely selecting a slow , some out of form , pedestrian side that may jag the odd win against the few sides below us that may give him a better finishing position than last year , instead of selecting younger players pressing hard for NRL Selection that may come with some risk but will be all the better with the experience and give the fans something to cheer and get excited about??
Why do we hear so little from You and The Club in papers and social media akin to most other Clubs ?
Why are always looking at bargain basement buys / nomads /journeyman unwanted at other clubs but land here ? Why dont we go after the marquee signing that will attract others to the Club ie Munster Papenhauzen etc etc ?
When will we hear an opinion from You or the Club re the state of play re Anthony Griffin ?
Happy ? Not Happy ? Doing his best ? etc
His assistant coaches the same ? Both our defence and attack is SHOT so would love to hear your opinion
In closing

This Club used to be the most feared and revered In Rugby League known the world over ..Today we are a poorly run , poorly administered , poorly coached established that is quickly heading into oblivion that swallowed up Newtown , the Bears , old Magpies and Balmain ...
Nicely said Dungay- you've articulated what a lot of us are thinking.

Smacka

Juniors
Not to mention the Centre of Excellence, the same of which every club is following. Although Gus is very out spoken and people don’t always agree with his view, the man is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Footy.
Yeah - he's a legend , just ask him. How many Clubs has he been around / played for / coached ? Got booted from Canterbury for stealing Warren Ryan's coaching plans (letting Opponents know). Commentators loved him when he was playing (much overrated) & the media hinge on his every word nowadays. The game was around before him & will survive without him & he won't be remembered as a great in any capacity.

Black Panther

Juniors
Yeah - he's a legend , just ask him. How many Clubs has he been around / played for / coached ? Got booted from Canterbury for stealing Warren Ryan's coaching plans (letting Opponents know). Commentators loved him when he was playing (much overrated) & the media hinge on his every word nowadays. The game was around before him & will survive without him & he won't be remembered as a great in any capacity.
Maybe your great run club could do with a man like Gus to steer the ship back on track. Like I said earlier not everyone likes the bloke, but he knows his shit.
Remember when he famously sacked your shit Coach from Penrith and everyone was up in arms? Things certainly have turned out alright for Penrith since haven’t they..

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe your great run club could do with a man like Gus to steer the ship back on track. Like I said earlier not everyone likes the bloke, but he knows his shit.
Remember when he famously sacked your shit Coach from Penrith and everyone was up in arms? Things certainly have turned out alright for Penrith since haven’t they..
They turned out lot better after GUS himself was given the flick and they employed the coach that GUS did not want in the end.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Our beleaguered CEO made the earth shattering comment early in the week that significant signings were imminent .... So far , as usual , Nothing ....
Webb came in like a breath of fresh air and gave us all hope for the future , but slowly but surely the Dragons dinosaur Board rained him in like they have all others . Now he is no better than a public service pencil pusher .
i guess the two we desperately require are a quality , relatively young, with some miles left in his legs , Front Rower and a nippy , agile Hooker that can deliver quality quick ball to the halves ...
He also suggested the possible return of a former player ..wow...we have let so many slip through the net .. who could it be ??
Frizell ..Robson..Garrick..Saab ..D Cook ,,AFB .... of the current listings....
Our juniors are our Future ..Enough of bringing in the , hacks , pensioners and rejects that others dont want ..
Perhaps J maclean (cowboys) Thompson ( dogs) are worth a crack and lets off load the journeyman whom many have been an abject failure
over to you Ryan

Smacka

Juniors
Our beleaguered CEO made the earth shattering comment early in the week that significant signings were imminent .... So far , as usual , Nothing ....
Webb came in like a breath of fresh air and gave us all hope for the future , but slowly but surely the Dragons dinosaur Board rained him in like they have all others . Now he is no better than a public service pencil pusher .
i guess the two we desperately require are a quality , relatively young, with some miles left in his legs , Front Rower and a nippy , agile Hooker that can deliver quality quick ball to the halves ...
He also suggested the possible return of a former player ..wow...we have let so many slip through the net .. who could it be ??
Our juniors are our Future ..Enough of bringing in the , hacks , pensioners and rejects that others dont want ..
Perhaps J maclean (cowboys) Thompson ( dogs) are worth a crack and lets off load the journeyman whom many have been an abject failure
over to you Ryan
Returning Former Player - Steven Marsters (22 year old Centre / Winger). Our Junior , went to Souths but was cut October , 2021 ; trained & trialled with Bulldogs. Reuben returning to QLD (The Dolphins) ?

BLM01

First Grade
Returning Former Player - Steven Marsters (22 year old Centre / Winger). Our Junior , went to Souths but was cut October , 2021 ; trained & trialled with Bulldogs. Reuben returning to QLD (The Dolphins) ?
Masters is playing for Thirroul Butchers ATM

BLM01

First Grade
over to you Ryan
I would have all those players back you mentioned but dont need 2 hookers. I am leaning towards Cook V Robson, not sure about SAAB's defence yet but he has great speed.
Dont want Maclean but would take Thompson
There you are recruitment for 2023 done !

Illusion

Bench
Rubbish. Cook was released as a kid and was not a hooker. Robson was because of McInnes
Fed dinkum talk about negative for the sake of it
Whats up with you pal , up yours too if you want to be aggressive with me have the balls to meet me somewhere and tell me to my face ....

Old Timer

Coach
Whats up with you pal , up yours too if you want to be aggressive with me have the balls to meet me somewhere and tell me to my face ....
Come on Illusion that is over the top and not the way of the forum.

Lots of things will be said that we don't agree with or perhaps take exception too but far better to argue your case than blow your stack.

If you need to have a slanging match off to the swamp and let it rip over there.

Re Cook lots of people have made statements re our "premature" release of him bit fair to say that he was neither a hooker or did he display anything that suggested he would be a good hooker for mine he was just a flashy show pony with speed like Dufty and Cook's ultimate value wasn't recognised until after he left the Dogs.

Illusion

Bench
Come on Illusion that is over the top and not the way of the forum.

Lots of things will be said that we don't agree with or perhaps take exception too but far better to argue your case than blow your stack.

If you need to have a slanging match off to the swamp and let it rip over there.

Re Cook lots of people have made statements re our "premature" release of him bit fair to say that he was neither a hooker or did he display anything that suggested he would be a good hooker for mine he was just a flashy show pony with speed like Dufty and Cook's ultimate value wasn't recognised until after he left the Dogs.
All good mate always respect your posts, all I was saying we had them both Cook and Robson and Rein but no one at the club could see their potentual ...... Then he has ago at me for being negative .....

dungay dragon

Juniors
All good mate always respect your posts, all I was saying we had them both Cook and Robson and Rein but no one at the club could see their potentual ...... Then he has ago at me for being negative .....
Fairly certain Robson wouldve stayed but the bromance between the Coach n captain took over , then ended in tears when Coach was flipped , and the skipper broke a record leaving and signing with our Arch Enemy
Cook was a 7 in his junior days from memory and hardly setting the world on fire .Rein was handy but slow with service from dummy half..Similar to the one we have now...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Fairly certain Robson wouldve stayed but the bromance between the Coach n captain took over , then ended in tears when Coach was flipped , and the skipper broke a record leaving and signing with our Arch Enemy
Cook was a 7 in his junior days from memory and hardly setting the world on fire .Rein was handy but slow with service from dummy half..Similar to the one we have now...
…….current one has a much superior passing game imo!

Latest posts