What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

dungay dragon

Juniors
Morning Ryan
Interested to get your take on the goings on at the Dragons
Stories of player discontent esp with the current Coach keep bubbling along
Our Million dollar captain takes himself to a public meeting with the Dogs to discuss his future , then comes out on the weekend and produced one of his career worst performances of the Season
All this when it was previously stated He was prepared to take a considerable pay cut to remain at the Dragons and displaying wonderful club loyalty
Talk of imminent change in Coach getting louder by the day
Ryan the silence from You and the Club is deafening ...Give us something please .... or how about an appearance on NRL 360 ? that would be great television
This once great Club is presently a laughing stock , run by an out of date BOD appearing hell bent of burying us into the ether .
Over to you

Dragon David

First Grade
Come on Ryan. Let the fans know what in hell is going on at the club or don't you know?

The club is a laughing stock and has been for sometime. For heavens sake, can't the club give us something positive to look forward to? The C of E is still some years away to being available and I cannot see that just that will change our fortunes. I always look at the Dragon as being of strength and good luck. We need these elements now.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Also, I’m sick of stories of players demanding a release then some months later we give them a release. Eg Saab.

it’s about time someone, us, just say no and hold these guys to the contract.

I know people say it’s no good keeping someone that doesn’t want to be there. But it is also no good laying down to act as a floor mat for the player and manager to just walk over on their way out the door.

I am so over it. Who was the last one we made see out his contract? Tallis?

IMO it is time to stand for something.

WTC

Juniors
I dont get why people keep comparing us to St George, "this once great club" , we are more Steelers than Saints, quite obvious when you look at the history, 1 premiership & years of no finals football, the days of being a powerhouse disappeared when we sold our history in 1999.

twinkletoes

Juniors
First peep we’ve heard from Ryan Webb in weeks and all he can say is that players won’t be allowed to have a Mad Monday…. Great work Ryan I would have thought you might have contributed more than that over the past months where you’ve been missing in action

Dragon David

First Grade
First peep we’ve heard from Ryan Webb in weeks and all he can say is that players won’t be allowed to have a Mad Monday…. Great work Ryan I would have thought you might have contributed more than that over the past months where you’ve been missing in action
It is weird that we hear hardly anything from the people who run this club we follow. It's like the Board members have sent out an edict to the Dragons' staff to the effect of "Tell them nothing, they are just people who rant and rave on the computer all day. The less they know the better".

dannyt

Coach
Are you dealing with a group of kids or grown men? Mad Monday celebrations, like all celebrations, can get out of hand but they are also an opportunity of getting the lads together, have a drink, air grievances, move on, and be the springboard for next season. Hopefully they'll have their own, private celebration.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Are you dealing with a group of kids or grown men? Mad Monday celebrations, like all celebrations, can get out of hand but they are also an opportunity of getting the lads together, have a drink, air grievances, move on, and be the springboard for next season. Hopefully they'll have their own, private celebration.
You are right DT. There is nothing wrong with unwinding at the end of the season with your team mates. These days though, it needs to be done in private, away from everyone's phone camera and snooping journalists. Organise Mad Monday like that and it is fine - just not a BBQ at Vaughan's!

Sloth

Juniors
Bennett fell into to Doust's lap,after the Roosters stuffed up.Bennett wanted 5 Years,but our Fearless Leader said no- only 3 years.The rest is history- thanks to Doust- Price and Mary - both flops a the Dragons for many years.
I was at a sports Luncheon yesterday where the great man was the guest speaker, I got to thank him for 2010 said f**k you for 92 & 93 and asked him if there was any truth to the rumour that he wanted 5 yrs but we only offered 3.

He denied that 5 year part and explained that he did not want to become a statistic of the board as St George had a history of sacking their coaches so 3 years was enough. He also said one of the main reasons he didn't stay on was that we had an aging roster with career St George players that he did not want to make the hard decision of moving on.

2011 he thought we would go back to back but having 9 players selected for origin with a 4 point lead on the ladder took a lot out of the team and he couldn't get us back up.

Sloth

Juniors
Thanks Sloth, very interesting read.
Would love to have him back now.
The man has not lost any of his faculties, his memory was spot on remembering scorelines, players, games ect. I was, as was the room (which was an AFL club) hanging on everything he said. He commanded the room, everyone that asked a question Wayne answered as if it was just the 2 of them in the room. Looked the questioner in the eye and gave as far as I could tell the honest answer.

I saw first hand why players hold him in such high regard. Said basically up front that Slothfield was a c..t who has been out to get him from day one which gave me a laugh :)

qld redvee

Juniors
I was at a sports Luncheon yesterday where the great man was the guest speaker, I got to thank him for 2010 said f**k you for 92 & 93 and asked him if there was any truth to the rumour that he wanted 5 yrs but we only offered 3.

He denied that 5 year part and explained that he did not want to become a statistic of the board as St George had a history of sacking their coaches so 3 years was enough. He also said one of the main reasons he didn't stay on was that we had an aging roster with career St George players that he did not want to make the hard decision of moving on.

2011 he thought we would go back to back but having 9 players selected for origin with a 4 point lead on the ladder took a lot out of the team and he couldn't get us back up.
remember the origin in 2011 and how we had to bring reece simmonds back from retirement to fill the holes. matt prior in the centres .. game against cowboys at kogarah we just ran out of puff due to lack of players ..

not impressed with the fact he stated he didnt want to have to tap any of our "aging players" BUT he was happy to decimate the squad and take them to the knights - a bit hypocritical in my opinion

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
remember the origin in 2011 and how we had to bring reece simmonds back from retirement to fill the holes. matt prior in the centres .. game against cowboys at kogarah we just ran out of puff due to lack of players ..

not impressed with the fact he stated he didnt want to have to tap any of our "aging players" BUT he was happy to decimate the squad and take them to the knights - a bit hypocritical in my opinion
who did he take besides Darius?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
That's not decimating the squad and Alex was up from the Hunter area so opportunity to go home can't blame him, played a handful of games for us, so Bennett took 1 first grader,that he brought to the club and 1 up and coming player wouldn't call that decimating the squad..