What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles and a Fan

big pat

Coach
i must be missing something here, ryles was our best player imo, made some good metres, i know he made a bad mistake, but his effort gave us a chance to win the game, and how many times last season did we say drop passes, silly penalties cost us games we could have won, deja vu anyone.

drake

First Grade
Let's just see how we go if this peanut brain's antics cost Ryles a suspension. I reckon his work will be missed sorely.

We can go on about Rylesy acting like a professional, but he's a professional front row forward... not exactly a career for the intellectually brilliant. I've spoken to the bloke on several occassions and he's always been easy going and happy to spend his time talking to a complete stranger.

I can't imagine what it's like to cop abuse from a supposed supporter after stuffing up an otherwise great personal game in golden time; I daresay I'd lose my sh*t as well.

Ribs

Bench
Had we won, Ryles would have had man of the match for that effort, Im not at all surprised he lost it.

Some of our fans are just plain stupid.

drake

First Grade
Ryles vs Sharks 5/4/2008
45 tackles
4 missed tackles
16 Hitups
6 offloads
142m gained

Yeah... go to England. Pfft. Yeah, it was a stupid mistake.

Ribs

Bench
Ryles can sleep easy though, the sharks might find him a home:

i can't believe I'm going to say this but if we got him at a good price on some sort of performance deal, I think we could make good use of him

Some sort of performance deal.......Ha ha ha ha gotta love the Shire.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I think he has too many mixed emotions and not enough will to win for the red V anymore. It happened to Barrett, and it's happening to Ryles.
No idea, mate .. unfortunately.

Ryles, Nightingale, Hornby and Reynoldson looked to me to be the only ones who were absolutely giving everything they had on Saturday night.

Ryles in particular was our best player by far. 45 tackles with only 2 misses, 17 hitups for 150 metres, 6 offloads ..

He played 75 minutes .. that's more than even Bailey can play, and everyone lauds how athletic he is.

After he gave away the penalty and Covell was lining up the shot, the cameras switched to Ryles and he was crying. He wiped away tears from his eyes twice, from memory.

And you are telling me he didn't have the will to win?

It was Brown's fault for playing the bloke for such a long time .. but then again, who else did we have? Poore is a sack of sh*t, he'd be outplayed in the local Third Grade competition.

Under Bennett, Jason Ryles will resume his status as the world's best front rower.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In any case, the NRL investigation into the incident has decided that Ryles was responding to provacation.

The club and NRL has played it down, and Ryles has publicly expressed regret. Storm in a teacup.

Ryles cleared of fan incident
April 07, 2008 ST GEORGE Illawarra prop Jason Ryles will not face a sanction from the NRL after an alleged exchange with a fan following last Saturday's loss to Cronulla at ANZ Stadium.
The NRL investigated claims Ryles challenged the fan to a fight after receiving abusive taunts as he left the field.
The match review committee looked at vision of the incident and statements from police, security and other witnesses.
The committee found strong evidence of extreme provocation on the part of the spectator but no suggestion of Ryles having made any move to reach or contact the spectator.
"Jason accepts that regardless of what happens, you shouldn't engage angry fans and he regrets reacting in the manner he did," said NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23500480-23210,00.html

Father Ted

First Grade
Fans pay their money and can within reason say what they like . Ryles wake up and be professional .

Dave Q

Coach
Fans pay their money and can within reason say what they like . Ryles wake up and be professional .

If he was smart, Rylesy just should have poked his tongue out at the bloke.

It was an awful penalty, effectively sodomising the whole contest. The ref really should have turned the other cheek.

Its near to the end of a torrid and fiercely fought game...all the big guys need half an hour to clambour off somebody.

This kind of mickey mouse refereeing sh*%ts me.

redVpride

Juniors
i think hes got a couple of very good yrs left in him and under bennett we might be surprised with him look wat they have done with simms hes looking in good form. as for ryles the other night he played his guts out the other nite if anyone was hurting it was him

Latest posts