What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles it is NOT - Rejects Dragons

Jersey No 14

Juniors
We had this with also Rod Ready year ago if I’m not mistaken.
I’m sorry. Graig Young couldn’t coach.
We need to stop using blinkers when doing this selection process.
we need a stable coach (experience) who will not second guess his actions nor have is action second guessed.
Well saying that it narrows it down somewhat
- and so it should.
I just hope the candidates before us learnt lessons (completely different lessons) in their past.
For me - Flanagan or Hasler for 3 years.
These both are far more experienced than Griffin.

justadragon

Bench
You can lead the horse to water, will the club ever learn.

Apart for just having another reason to kick the club in the guts and it maybe deserving, but I totally agree with one thing and that is you must get the GM and R+R totally right, absolutely right, perfectly right !!! Even prior to identifying the coach. Any coach would want people in that position that he respects, clearly that is not the case at the Dragons, and guess what he is absolutely correct. FFS we dont respect Haran and he's doing both roles, how can that possibly put us in a good position, its ridiculous but its the Dragons !!

justadragon

Bench
And this , another one we all hoped for who I think has put that to bed. Folks this is getting seriously bad.

It's not over yet with Brownie I think, you can still get him at the end of the year and I think that is what the Dragons want, what impact that would have on the player roster is unknown, you would ideally want him now. But as Parra got wind of what may be happening they acted quickly unlike some other people.

twinkletoes

Juniors
It's not over yet with Brownie I think, you can still get him at the end of the year and I think that is what the Dragons want, what impact that would have on the player roster is unknown, you would ideally want him now. But as Parra got wind of what may be happening they acted quickly unlike some other people.
End of the year is far too late just to sit on our hands and wait....ther'll be no players on the market by end of year, even now the available players for next year are slim pickings...ie, talk now that Bulldogs are honing in on Daniel Saifiti...In my mind I would be targeting him, but what chance when we don't even have a coach...or proper recruitment manager

blacksafake

First Grade
End of the year is far too late just to sit on our hands and wait....ther'll be no players on the market by end of year, even now the available players for next year are slim pickings...ie, talk now that Bulldogs are honing in on Daniel Saifiti...In my mind I would be targeting him, but what chance when we don't even have a coach...or proper recruitment manager
But, But Haran is still there to do this🙄

Parko1310

Juniors
I would be going for Saifiti too. The only issue with that is that the club will think our front row recruitment is done as he's played origin in the last 2 years and will therefore sort everything out. Plus, they're all still pretending Blake Lawrie's a good player, so they'll be patting themselves on the back and thinking they've got an elite front row pairing.

If they did get Brown as R + R though this would be a real chance of happening, Saifiti would obviously know Brown from his time as Newcastle coach.

Phantom V

Juniors
I would be going for Saifiti too. The only issue with that is that the club will think our front row recruitment is done as he's played origin in the last 2 years and will therefore sort everything out. Plus, they're all still pretending Blake Lawrie's a good player, so they'll be patting themselves on the back and thinking they've got an elite front row pairing.

If they did get Brown as R + R though this would be a real chance of happening, Saifiti would obviously know Brown from his time as Newcastle coach.
Good point. He’d also have contacts across the ditch from his time with the Warriors

jodragon40

Juniors

Parko1310

Juniors

This confirms what I have been saying about our inept board for the last 3 yrs 4 should be shown the door, Lancaster, Webb, Ryan and Doust. They are an embarrassing bunch of people who have brought our once traditional proud and feared club to its knees. A bloody disgrace
Webb was brought here in what? 2020 or 21? He took over an absolute rabble. Don't feed into this media bullshit narrative that CEO has bearing in these board decisions. Go find out the job description, role and who the CEO reports to before making comment on Webb. He is hamstrung by the board. THEY are the ones who need to go. With a functional board, it's my belief Webb would be a great CEO.

jodragon40

Juniors
Webb was brought here in what? 2020 or 21? He took over an absolute rabble. Don't feed into this media bullshit narrative that CEO has bearing in these board decisions. Go find out the job description, role and who the CEO reports to before making comment on Webb. He is hamstrung by the board. THEY are the ones who need to go. With a functional board, it's my belief Webb would be a great CEO.
To each their own, your right Webb got the job in 2020 during the pandemic years. He was actually the chief operations officer for the much vaunted West Tigers. Webb was also the man who hired Griffin he took over from Doust who everyone believed had left the important decision making role but is still on the board. Webb has overseen our fall from grace which includes our discipline and cultural issues. My view is he Ryan Lancaster and Doust need to fall on their swords. There needs to me a more balanced boardroom with footballing knowledge and administrators not business degree holders in media, advertising and marketing.

Parko1310

Juniors
To each their own, your right Webb got the job in 2020 during the pandemic years. He was actually the chief operations officer for the much vaunted West Tigers. Webb was also the man who hired Griffin he took over from Doust who everyone believed had left the important decision making role but is still on the board. Webb has overseen our fall from grace which includes our discipline and cultural issues. My view is he Ryan Lancaster and Doust need to fall on their swords. There needs to me a more balanced boardroom with footballing knowledge and administrators not business degree holders in media, advertising and marketing.
Again, you're just plain wrong here I've got to say. The CEO does not make crucial decisions like who to hire as head coach. That is purely a board decision. A CEO can RECOMMEND and present their views. Discipline and culture issues were here long before Webb got here.

Just on the last coaching appointment the options were: David Furner, Dean Young and Anthony Griffin. Griffin's tenure was bad, but come on mate, the right decision was made out of those candidates. Griffin at least has put in place some good junior systems and junior policies to work with. This useless board is going to screw all of that up and then his 2.5 years here are TRULY wasted. The board needs to go, and fast.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

This confirms what I have been saying about our inept board for the last 3 yrs 4 should be shown the door, Lancaster, Webb, Ryan and Doust. They are an embarrassing bunch of people who have brought our once traditional proud and feared club to its knees. A bloody disgrace
I hear what you're saying, but I suspect in this case the Board is the problem. The Board will tell Webb what they want to achieve, he can go back with a plan to do just that, and our dysfunctional Board can just knock it on the head. Different industry but when Ansett went under (all those years ago), the CEO went to the Board with 6 different plans to save the company. None were accepted and the company failed.

You need a smart CEO with good plans (and I'm not 100% sold on Webb), but if the Board don't back what the CEO wants to do, it's never going to work out.

blacksafake

First Grade
Again, you're just plain wrong here I've got to say. The CEO does not make crucial decisions like who to hire as head coach. That is purely a board decision. A CEO can RECOMMEND and present their views. Discipline and culture issues were here long before Webb got here.

Just on the last coaching appointment the options were: David Furner, Dean Young and Anthony Griffin. Griffin's tenure was bad, but come on mate, the right decision was made out of those candidates. Griffin at least has put in place some good junior systems and junior policies to work with. This useless board is going to screw all of that up and then his 2.5 years here are TRULY wasted. The board needs to go, and fast.
Financially speaking the club is apparently in very good shape according to reports due to Webb.
The problems have always been the board, particularly one ex CEO

Latest posts