What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Jono078

Referee
As this stage into round 20, we officially rank last in attack. 10th in defense.

We ranked 4th in both last year, for context.

Jono078

Referee
Also, with 7 rounds to go, we've now lost more games than we did last year.

I'm prepared to call it a season. Time to drop those who won't be here next year and give some others a chance.

Woody90

Juniors
The annoying part is he’ll use all the injuries we’ve copped this year as an excuse. Personnel is only part of the problem though. The “tactics” in attack are just horrendous and I’m still scratching my head why the coaching staff decided to do a complete 180 on what was working for us last year.

For me it’s not even the losing games. With the squad we’ve had for a lot of the year we wouldn’t be winning heaps of games with most coaches. It’s how we’re playing that I can’t handle. Even the games we’ve won I’ve gotten little enjoyment from it because we look so terrible I assume we won’t go on with it.

Woody90

Juniors
AOB in the press conference: "We're not a good looking team, we're an ugly team". He trains them to play ugly. Why are we an ugly team, Adam?

I’ve heard him say so many times he wants us to be an “ugly” team to watch. Why though? Why do you want to play away from the strengths of your best player? Good coaches modify their game plan to suit the strengths of their squad. Bad coaches can’t adapt and try and force players into playing a style that doesn’t suit them.

perverse

Referee
I’ve heard him say so many times he wants us to be an “ugly” team to watch. Why though? Why do you want to play away from the strengths of your best player? Good coaches modify their game plan to suit the strengths of their squad. Bad coaches can’t adapt and try and force players into playing a style that doesn’t suit them.
I agree, the best coaches can work with what they have and maximize that.

Woody90

Juniors
Just watching the Storm/Roosters: I’d give absolutely anything to have a coach like Bellamy. His side on paper has nothing on the Roosters but they’re just so well coached they get every single one of the small things right and exposing the Roosters flaws (especially Dom’s defence) left right and centre.

Knight Tales

Bench
Those are the words of a coach who knows he has very little to offer. Unbelievable he still thinks he is the answer. He’ll keep his job because this club never sacks anyone until they have no other choice left.

mozza91

Coach
Yeah I’m fed up with his ‘tactics’. We suck and are horrific to watch. Don’t know who to replace him with though. Is anyone decent available?
Also can someone photoshop Obi’s head onto the chicks head below?
IMG_3353.jpeg

Woody90

Juniors
I’m not sold on Madge tbh.

Bit of a left of field but I’d look at Michael Cheika and bring someone like Justin Holbrook in as an assistant. He turned the Roosters attack from some of the worst to some of the best in one off season.