What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

Knight Tales

Juniors
It goes a lot deeper than this but I think he won’t be here by the end of the year. I don’t buy the narrative around KP. He is going. There is some chatter around that the club is monitoring the Munster situation very closely. I bloody hope so.

Even before a ball was kicked, his signing was very confusing to me. If I'm not mistaken, the guy didn't even have any previous head coaching experience...like...any.

Allstar Knights

Juniors

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Watsons words on why he went to the Roosters speak loudly about what AOB is not.

There have been piss weak performances and standards he's let slide with no repercussions.

A fish rots from the head and this team stinks.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/376c2bf5fbb8fb37de23e3ad5eeac7cd

“I feel like this is the best place for me to come and take my game to the next level,” Watson said.
“I wanted to challenge myself and part of that is the expectations and reputation of the Roosters.

“You have got to come here and you have got to perform and play well here and you have to leave it all out there."

Silent Knight

First Grade
He walked out of the post-game conference tonight when someone asked Ponga if the Knights continue to lose would he consider signing with the Dolphins LOL

https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/nrl-press-conference-knights-v-se-eagles---round--2022/

Think he starts at around 35:00 in. 39:00 for the question and walkout.

Good on him for walking. I wouldn’t waste my time answering deadbeat questions from smarmy and arrogant journalists from Siddenay who think their opinions are worth more than everyone else’s.

Old dog

Juniors
So what was Pongas response, did he say anything, assume from Obi’s walk out he had no information to give them in other words Ponga still considering.

Jono078

Referee
So what was Pongas response, did he say anything, assume from Obi’s walk out he had no information to give them in other words Ponga still considering.
He followed AOB. The question was asked in a ridiculous way and didn't deserve acknowledgement.

Apey

Staff member
Hard to know what would save our club. I think his tactics have been very questionable at times. On the flip side we have some serious $$ on the sidelines atm. I feel like even with our losses we've been staying in games a lot longer this year. Like tonight with the injuries we could have collapsed a lot earlier. I'm not sure that's enough though.

Honestly I think our current problem is more the lack of on field leadership. We've been missing it for a long time. We're a team of nobodies in that regard.

Silent Knight

First Grade
If we sack AOB without lining up a better replacement, we can say goodbye to being a desirable destination for good players.

The more pressing need is to oversee a complete overhaul of our junior system. Developing skills is more important than winning games at junior level, because if we are to look at our current local players we’re failing miserably in that department.