What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SACK DEAN YOUNG

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I listened to the interview with Dean Young on the Propaganda Podcast and he came across very well. I have great admiration for him as a player, but still not convinced about him as a coach. As most people do, he says the right things, but there is no escaping the fact that at times the Dragon's defence has been appalling. Dean's fault or the player's? Anyway, I believe he will still be the defence coach in 2025, so I hope the players buy into his defensive structures. I still fondly the "Red and White Wall" of 14 years ago!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I listened to the interview with Dean Young on the Propaganda Podcast and he came across very well. I have great admiration for him as a player, but still not convinced about him as a coach. As most people do, he says the right things, but there is no escaping the fact that at times the Dragon's defence has been appalling. Dean's fault or the player's? Anyway, I believe he will still be the defence coach in 2025, so I hope the players buy into his defensive structures. I still fondly the "Red and White Wall" of 14 years ago!
Yeah that wall consisted of Smith, Costigan, Saffy, Creagh, Young, Scott, Weyman and the like....not like our pussys today

justadragon

Bench
In all seriousness, very few if not any legends have made great coaches. Look at Wally Lewis, Mal Meninga 2 immortals and not very good club coaches. I dont take coaching your country or state into consideration, you are dealing with a team full of stars that dont really need coaching. You can take Bellamy one would say great coach but how did his SOO stint go. I need to say this, Ricky Stuart, say what you like about him but a great player and an above average coach. In our really dark pervious years I wish we had someone with his passion. There is only one legend coach and will only ever be one legend coach, WB, we had the privilege of him for 3 years and were completely stupid and idiotic not to have given the man what he wanted. Thanks Doust you F$#Kwit.

SAP58

Juniors
I don’t know the answer so asking those in the know on the Forum. Are the current first grade coaches (excl Flanno) already signed for next year ?

Dragon David

First Grade
I don’t know the answer so asking those in the know on the Forum. Are the current first grade coaches (excl Flanno) already signed for next year ?
Let's see:-
Storm - Bellamy - yes
Panthers - Cleary - yes
Roosters - Robinson - yes
Sharks - Fitzgibbon - yes
Cowboys - Payten - yes
Bulldogs - Ciraldo - yes
Sea Eagles - Seibold - yes
Knights - O'Brien - yes (now that the Knights got 8th spot)
Raiders - Stuart - yes
Dolphins - Woolfe - yes
Dragons - Flanagan - yes
Broncos - Walters - just might hang in there
Warriors - Webster - yes
Titans - Hasler - yes
Eels - Ryles - yes
Bunnies - Bennett - yes
Wests Tigers - Marshall - I think yes

I hope that answers your question SAP58.

SAP58

Juniors
Let's see:-
Storm - Bellamy - yes
Panthers - Cleary - yes
Roosters - Robinson - yes
Sharks - Fitzgibbon - yes
Cowboys - Payten - yes
Bulldogs - Ciraldo - yes
Sea Eagles - Seibold - yes
Knights - O'Brien - yes (now that the Knights got 8th spot)
Raiders - Stuart - yes
Dolphins - Woolfe - yes
Dragons - Flanagan - yes
Broncos - Walters - just might hang in there
Warriors - Webster - yes
Titans - Hasler - yes
Eels - Ryles - yes
Bunnies - Bennett - yes
Wests Tigers - Marshall - I think yes

I hope that answers your question SAP58.
Great thanks DD, do u know if our assistant coaches are resigned ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Carr has re-signed
Young will be here (unfortunately)

So, we require a replacement for Woolfe.
That replacement would then be the Koe Cup coach.
Actually, I'm kinda hoping Young will "gain more experience" coaching the Koe Cup squad, and we recruit a professional defensive coach.

One can hope.

SAP58

Juniors
Thanks for the responses gents so my understanding is Young is the Senior Assistant Coach (whatever that means), Carr is the attacking coach, so was Woolfe the defensive coach in addition to being the KOE coach ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Carr has re-signed
Young will be here (unfortunately)

So, we require a replacement for Woolfe.
That replacement would then be the Koe Cup coach.
Actually, I'm kinda hoping Young will "gain more experience" coaching the Koe Cup squad, and we recruit a professional defensive coach.

One can hope.
No, I honestly can't see Young not being Flanno's defence assistant coach for next year, but for Flanno's third year he might not IF we have as many blow out scores like this year in 2025.

Latest posts