What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

Welsh clown was a typo. The issue I have is with people having a shot at Flannagan when he has not had enough time to put a competitive squad together. Or is it they have an issue with Flannagan due to his part in the peptides and salary cap issues at the Sharks. If so he has paid his dues when being suspended from coaching.
re-read his post mate
think you have just misunderstood.
I also hoped for Des (thank God we didnt get him) but like Justa I fully support Flanno.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench

Welsh clown was a typo. The issue I have is with people having a shot at Flannagan when he has not had enough time to put a competitive squad together. Or is it they have an issue with Flannagan due to his part in the peptides and salary cap issues at the Sharks. If so he has paid his dues when being suspended from coaching.
Well I suggest you read the post again and attack the appropriate member you have concern with, I'll just assume you were confused during your anger moment.

SBD82

Coach
If you're feeling vulnerable or in need of support, it's important to reach out to someone you trust or a professional who can offer help. Is there something specific you'd like to talk about or any way I can assist you?
That’s so kind of you mate. I really value our friendship.

And just like I was there for you when you needed me, I know that you’ll be there to help me if I’m struggling.

Love you brother.

redVinme

Bench
Doesn't change the fact that we signed rep players the year after making their SOO debuts though does it?

Who of Flanagan's recruits so far are higher caliber signings than Sua, Molo, Suli were?
All of these players at that time were all up and coming players they were 27, 24 and 23 years of age respectively.

Better yet, none of Flanagan's signings have even been higher caliber than Josh McGuire, surely that tells you something.

Let's be real, Flanagan's signings so far have been two second rowers 30 years or over (RFM and Eisenhuth), a 26 year old who hadn't played first grade (Marshcke), his son (enough said on that) and a second rower who came through our junior system, hasn't lived up to his potential and has been a journeyman with off field behavioral issues since, we picked him up again on massive overs (Leilua).

Flanagan has achieved all of this after being appointed in June 2023, he had the best part of 8 months during the previous season and the off season to improve the roster and he has not been successful in doing this.
Those signings amounted to nothing and got us no where near the top 8. Maybe you should think about that. Molo and sua played origin during qlds worse period and haven't gone close since.

Maybe if you (or your best mate) hook were a decent coach they may have. Funnily both are playing far better this year than last lol. Wonder why that is.

You don't mention molo or sulis behavioural issues but did for Luc. Why is that? Suits the narrative I spose. Or do you only support certain kinds of wife beaters and criminals? Hook signed the same kind of offcuts

I'd hardly say either are doing considerably better than Luc or Eisethuth tho overall and so far at least the latter two can stay on the field. When Flano took over it was too late for the 2024 as you could talk to them Nov the year before. Every team in the NRL knew we had cash to blow and were desperate and due to this no fair deals came our way. I'm sure you'd rather spend a mil on the wrong player (as long as they played Qld origin at least once) for some instant gratification then be patient and get the right players in.

Anyways coach I'll leave you to your spreadsheets, I'm sure spending your days finding every reason to hate Flano is very fulfilling

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
You have a very soft underbelly.

After hoping "dodgy coach doesn't get our players on the juice like he did at Cronulla" to then take offence to an innocuous claim against you? Hahaha

If you were on drugs, at least you'd have an excuse.

In terms of valuable input on this forum, you're an empty vessel.

Some more analysis on this topic for everyone's Sunday Afternoon.

Fraud Flanno has now had the worst start (equal in terms of win loss ratio and worse in terms of points conceded) for any of our joint venture coaches since Andrew Farrar in 2000.

Surely the impact of a new coach should be enough to at least put some decent performances and defence together? If this highly credentialed premiership winning coach can't get the team off to a better start than any other coach since Farrar, that is a big red flag for me and further demonstrates his appointment over Ryles was purely to maintain the status quo.

NB - I haven't included caretaker period coaches for comparison purposes as they would not have had an off season to straighten things out.

Flanno after 5 matches - 2 wins 3 losses (130 points conceded)

Griffin after 5 matches - 4 wins 1 loss (42 points conceded)

McGregor after 5 matches - 3 wins 2 losses (58 points conceded)

Price after 5 matches - 3 wins 2 losses (90 points conceded)

Bennett after 5 matches - 4 wins 1 loss (36 points conceded)

Brown after 5 matches - 2 wins 3 losses (122 points conceded)

Farrar after 5 matches - 1 win 4 losses (149 points conceded)

Does this concern anyone?
Even our worst coaches have been able to get the team performing decently in their first season in charge after a full off season to coach bad habits our of them!

For Fraud Flanno's apologists I guess at least he isn't last in this list but you have to go back more than 20 years to find a worse start 😂
No just redo the stats at the appropriate time at the end of the season.
And you forgot Mary's caretaker period in 2014 gave him more time to gel and build his 2015 squad so not comparing apples with apples
Price had been assistant for many years to gel with the squad and took on a premiership squad.
Brown close..so really no.. too early to judge
Bennett I will concede and Griffin..well how did the next 5 games go?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
No just redo the stats at the appropriate time at the end of the season.
And you forgot Mary's caretaker period in 2014 gave him more time to gel and build his 2015 squad so not comparing apples with apples
Price had been assistant for many years to gel with the squad and took on a premiership squad.
Brown close..so really no.. too early to judge
Bennett I will concede and Griffin..well how did the next 5 games go?
Yeah all good buddy, I'll do some more analysis at season's end and will be interesting to see where things land.

We are one fifth (or thereabouts) of the way through and things aren't looking so good, especially considering that the coaches who are regarded as some of the worst in our history, managed to get more out of their teams after the first five games than Flanagan has. That was the whole point but I'm not shocked that you missed it.

TheRev

Coach
If Flanagan had been bought in after Mary (hypothetically, not literally), we would have a top 8 roster and then some.... he literally did it at the sharks... The guy rebuilt a shit club to a freaking nrl premiership.. but somehow a few on here concluded (before the season even began), that he must be an incompetent clown.

You cannot let your roster rot like we have for the last 5yrs.. It needs constant care and maintenance.. ie. It takes rep players to sign more rep players.. But we got very lazy/complacent... And now we have to do this the hard way from absolute rock bottom... Put a broom thru, and make 1 very small improvement at a time.. Its going to be a hard slog for all of us.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah all good buddy, I'll do some more analysis at season's end and will be interesting to see where things land.

We are one fifth (or thereabouts) of the way through and things aren't looking so good, especially considering that the coaches who are regarded as some of the worst in our history, managed to get more out of their teams after the first five games than Flanagan has. That was the whole point but I'm not shocked that you missed it.
No.. your point has been made clear many times over, but you have seemed to have missed that this terrible coach as you say we have, has taken a club from the bottom to a premiership in and about 3-4 years. And although our coach wont admit it as he is talking our team up for the supporters, he has a comparable bottom 4 roster to start working with. No surprise all and sundry in the media tipped us for the spoon. When was the last time that happended?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Looks like this coach as I've pointed out countless times already, is all talk and no action.

Where are the team changes this week? Why won't a coach who apparently sets standards and accountability amongst the team not hold players to account for poor performances?

He's the worst coach stats wise after 5 matches since Farrar and hasn't even managed to get the usual new coach uplift in on field performances in that time like his predecessors have.

Time to go Flanno.

Last edited:
Looks like this coach as I've pointed out countless times already,
Have you? Really!
may I suggest with "monotonous regularity"

You're like a broken record , mate................

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Imo flanno has been underwhelming & there's a few things he's done which are concerning BUT even I think sacking him after 5 rounds is a bit premature :laughing: