What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

56to66

Juniors
Apologies, my response was to this comment…….
“Completely insipid performance under this pathetic excuse for a coach. Biggest defeat in 18 years, that's enough to know he isn't the answer.”
There is no coach out there that can save this pathetic club. BTW I had a look at Flanno's record in his first year at Scumulla, there were some heavy losses there too, but its irrelevant.
The only way you save the shit club is to bust the salary cap to 20 millionaire a year.

Sage63

Juniors
There is no coach out there that can save this pathetic club. BTW I had a look at Flanno's record in his first year at Scumulla, there were some heavy losses there too, but its irrelevant.
The only way you save the shit club is to bust the salary cap to 20 millionaire a year.
Yeah, right. 20 million a year, and have someone like hook or McGregor or price coach this club? you reckon 20 million a year was gonna make a difference?
you're dreaming or totally deluded!!!

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Flanno will be judged by his ability to bounce the squad back after defeats like this (this will be the first of several) and keep us grounded after our wins (of which we will also have more similar to last week).

There will also be a judgement on the recruitment, retention and internal promotions from the lower grades. We also have to get our expectations in check about this pretty quick smart as well because their ain't much of note on the open market and the current crop of juniors are still very raw, and if we are going to move players on early in contract ie. Lomax this will need to be done smart with something coming back our way.

We are going to be a big "rocks & diamonds" team this year. Strap in for the ride.

This was never going to be turned around in one pre-season + two regular season games.

... and did some of us expect that Ryles would have had the current playing roster playing any better?
Like I predicted in the Bud Sullivan thread way before things eventuated:-

1. Sullivan will go to another club to accomodate Jr Flanno
2. Hunt will milk almost $2mil in 24-25
3. Hamer Armored-one will do time
4. Flanno will fail to attract big guns and will be sacked mid 25
5. Good O’l Young junior will be the the head coach for the next 20 years plus from mid 25 onwards

Im out already and cashing in on my prediction. This club has a cancer and is dying at a rapid rate

So far we've played 4 games under Flanno. We've handed Wests and the Titans their arses and had our arses handed to us by Souffs and the Phings. Pretty hard to gauge what's going on with that kind of erratic form.
What I will say is that Hunt had that beaten look from the first minute that convinced me that we were going to lose, but the margin was a shock.
Not looking forward to next weekend, cos the Cows aren't in great form either but at least they have balls.

Last edited:

st.phil

Bench
So far we've played 4 games under Flanno. We've handed Wests and the Titans their arses and had our arses handed to us by Souffs and the Phings. Pretty hard to gauge what's going on with that kind of erratic form.
What I will say is that Hubt had that beaten look from the first minute that convinced me that we were going to lose, but the margin was a shock.
Not looking forward to next weekend, cos the Cows aren't in great form either but at least they have balls.
Yep … Hunt had the “here we go again” eyes from the first phin try. Not good

SBD82

Coach
I clearly remember the revival of the 1991 St George Dragons under Brian Smith, 92,93 Grand Finalists. I really thought last week was a turning point for this club, however they did the same last year, beating the Titans convincingly at Kogarah, then they lost the plot, same shit will happen this year.
The St George Dragons sold there souls, the Red V should be retired for good, this crap club should just do what the haters wanted 26 years ago to eradicate St George for good.
Time is ticking for me, if nothing changes by the end of 2025, I am 1000% finished from ever following rugby league again.
They should just call themselves the Illawarra Steelers and be done with it.
I reckon you should try this rant in another six threads and see if you get any traction.

SAP58

Juniors
Like everyone I was very disappointed with the performance last weekend BUT we have to have a bit of patience, Flanno has 13yrs of bad management, poor recruiting & above all poor coaching to overcome & that will not happen overnight. The players attitude has to change & we are still not a side that can overcome adversity & recover from a poor start or an opposition that are playing mistake free football but that will come in time with some changes in personel & better coaching. I believe we are heading in the right direction for the first time since 2009 we are going to have some ups & downs but I hope more ups in the future.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Under Flanno, the Sharks finished 13th in 2011, (first full year), 7th in 2012 and 5th in 2013.

I hope he can repeat the same with us but let's skip 2014 (peptides, finished last) and go straight to 2016.

TheRev

First Grade
I feel the difference between now and 2011, is recruitment has never been harder.. whether it has been bought about due to covid years ruining years of junior development (nation wide) or the cap increases letting teams upgrade/horde talent.. its outrageous how hard its been to land anyone let alone a few hidden gems... its not meant to be this difficult.

Latest posts