What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

FlickFlano

Juniors
Does this not sound strange to you, that basicly a player has been given the power to dictate to the BOD.
NO .. you are letting personal bias actually impactyour understanding of the situation. Not an uncommon thing in here.

Essentially Bird was given a 3 year contract, the final year pay was really dependant on performance - if performing well then the onus would have been on us to extend and retain him at the higher figure. Because his performance has been poor we didnt need to extend him, he could take up the final year on the cheaper figure.

Essentially the 3rd year pay was performance based and he didnt perform so he isnt taking up as much cap. He is not holding anyone to ransom and if a longer term deal came from another club we wouldnt stand in his way.

Dragon David

First Grade
The fear factor was gone in the Price days. Even Mason called the pack soft. They were embarrassing to watch at times.

Mary did bring some grunt back but since the JDB debacle it went backwards quick. That whole JDB drama was the turning point for Mary big time in how he handled that difficult situation.
Yes you are right here Slippery. The team looked headed towards a better year in 2019 after having such a great couple of weeks in the finals of 2018. I was really looking forward to a resurgence by us in 2019 until JDB's infraction (if I can use this word) late in 2018 which put a massive spanner into the wheels of fortune for the Dragons for years to come.

Budpower

Juniors
Just watching the Dolphins, Storm game and I love how both teams are having a crack and throwing the ball around. I’d love to see us with a bit more variation in our play at times, second phase etc. instead of 5 hit ups and a bomb.
Thats Hunts only game....remember the excitement of Marshke at 7 against the Pennys a few weeks back?
Hunt must go!!

FlickFlano

Juniors
Can’t argue with that. Hunt’s kicking game cruelled us against Manly.
I maintain that if Cherry-Evan’s was in our team instead of Hunt we win that game.

Manly and Cronulla ... i think there have been about 3 or 4 press conferences where he has said his kicking game/organisation has been shite.

Look at our big win last year, the game vs the Roosters ... Last play Hunts option to kick to a congested right for Lomax with about 4 defenders on him was a shite decision that thankfully thanks to lomax and actual vision from Bud/Sloan vision ended up with a better kick to a smarter area for Feagai to score.

The last play kick to Lomax is Hunt's idea of organisation. Little wonder we have kicked about 4 field goals in the last 5 years. Great hooker, myth half back.

justadragon

Bench
Just watching the Dolphins, Storm game and I love how both teams are having a crack and throwing the ball around. I’d love to see us with a bit more variation in our play at times, second phase etc. instead of 5 hit ups and a bomb.
You just mentioned 2 words that don’t mix Phantom V Hunt and Variation. I could throw in a third “halfback”.

since77

Juniors
Look at our big win last year, the game vs the Roosters ... Last play Hunts option to kick to a congested right for Lomax with about 4 defenders on him was a shite decision that thankfully thanks to lomax and actual vision from Bud/Sloan vision ended up with a better kick to a smarter area for Feagai to score.
And if you look at the footage of that play, you can see Hunt throw his petulant little hands in the air because it wasn't the option he would have taken.
If Hunt keeps the ball on that final play we lose. Instead it went to Sloan who had the vision to see we had a slim chance out wide and we jag a lucky win.

Gomarchin

Juniors
And if you look at the footage of that play, you can see Hunt throw his petulant little hands in the air because it wasn't the option he would have taken.
If Hunt keeps the ball on that final play we lose. Instead it went to Sloan who had the vision to see we had a slim chance out wide and we jag a lucky win.
A good kick but an even better pickup by Feagi to score that try. He might be slow but his got good hands.