What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sack for Bennett?

parra pete

Referee
Wayne Bennett's future as coach of the Broncos must be under threat. His side's record is three wins from their last tewelve starts, including a victory over Melbourne Storm in golden point, and a win over the lasdt placed Warriors. He has gotta go. He has let so many good players leave the Club, and has replaced them with duds.
Brian Smith's record at the same time is (last twelve games) is 9wins 3 losses, one of those to Premiers Penrith.
To you Parra supporters baying for Smith's head.... Wake up to yourself, or get to buggary.

Chipmunk

Coach
This would have to be the biggest case of using statistics to distort the truth to only show one side of the argument. I am not going to touch this argument as it is a load of crap really.

However, credit where credit is due, the Parra team did well in the face of adversity. Great Effort

Who really cares what Brisbane is doing in any case and what is going on up there. Although in my opinion they only have 3 players, in any case you wouldnt call that a full strength Brisbane side and you would have to expect Parra to put in a good performance.

I dont think Brisbane will be in the 8 at the end of the year in any case. Let us hope that Parramatta can kick on from here.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Does that also mean Smith is a loser after the flogging you suffered last week?

I wouldn't expect you to be a good winner. Nothing good about you.

parra pete

Referee
Three trial two comp games so far in 2004- for four wins plus one half of winning football against the Bulldogs.
What's it going to be like when we learn to hold and catch the ball. The mouth drools......We're baaaaaaaack!

eddo

Juniors
Salary cap is biting. Although I can't think of a decent player that the Broncos let go.
They all retired.

strider

Post Whore
Spot on pete....I'd say these are quite telling stats actually.

Don't worry Evilgrowler, this is more stating the obvious to some other parra supporters rather than having a go at Brisbane.

Matta

Juniors
parra pete said:
Wayne Bennett's future as coach of the Broncos must be under threat. His side's record is three wins from their last tewelve starts, including a victory over Melbourne Storm in golden point, and a win over the lasdt placed Warriors. He has gotta go. He has let so many good players leave the Club, and has replaced them with duds.
Brian Smith's record at the same time is (last twelve games) is 9wins 3 losses, one of those to Premiers Penrith.
To you Parra supporters baying for Smith's head.... Wake up to yourself, or get to buggary.

To think that Bennett will get sacked due to his recent record is a joke. I admit that the Broncos have not won many of their games recently but I seriously doubt that Bennett will get the flick. Anyway, the "lasdt placed Warriors"? I thought they made the finals??? :p :p

Agent Mulder

Bench
Evilgrowler said:
Good to see bad sportsmanship isn't just restricted to halfy.

I was just having a friendly dig at Brisbane...Who can't beat us? Theres no shame in losing to Parramatta mate :D

I wasn't being a bad sport :D

Hurriflatch

Referee
after two rounds this year the WArriors are last along with the Sharks they have yet to win a game

Parra have climbed to 13th.

Kaz

junior
parra pete

How many Premierships has Smith won as coach compared to Bennett.

Glenn

First Grade
Kaz all history, as mentioned Bennet is 3 from 12, If Brian Smith had that record the fallout from last week would seem like a blip on the radar, compared to the fallout from that.
That being said I don't see the Broncs getting rid of Wayne anytime soon

miccle

Bench
I think the only 6 people in this country that don't regard him as the best coach in the game are safely nestled in this thread here at leagueunlimited. What an absolute joke really.... that's all i'm going to say about it. :lol:

parra pete

Referee
How would Chris Anderson feel after being replaced by Bennett as National coach? Bennett is a bit like Johnny Howard - time to move into the norties and get out of the eighties time warp.
Bennett is never controversial because he won't talk to the Press. His super coach status is a myth..... : :

PARRA FOR SURE IN 2004

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Broncos could lose the 8 games and Bennett will be still there.
Take your Parramatta frustration out on Parramatta fans, Bennett has nothing to do with it. :roll:

Latest posts