What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Brutalitops

Juniors
My favourite part was when @Brutalitops insinuated that retweeting a news outlet, the leader of the free world, a range of politicians in western democracies and media identities in same makes you a lunatic who isn't fit to hold up a job.

I guess you're right that if Griffin retweeted posts of a former U.S. Vice President who goes around invading people's personal space and sniffing hair, that would make Griffin an upstanding citizen worthy of the coaching position in the eyes of some who have attempted this character assasination.
Sleep hasn't made you any better at reading comprehension it seems.

I'm well moved on from this debate nevertheless. Regardless of this social media shit I've moved on to the Wane Train.

As they say, Make St George Great Again #covfefe

Last edited:

be55

Juniors
My favourite part was when @Brutalitops insinuated that retweeting a news outlet, the leader of the free world, a range of politicians in western democracies and media identities in same makes you a lunatic who isn't fit to hold up a job.

I guess you're right that if Griffin retweeted posts of a former U.S. Vice President who goes around invading people's personal space and sniffing hair, that would make Griffin an upstanding citizen worthy of the coaching position in the eyes of some who have attempted this character assasination.
Wow judging by your aggressive defence of Griffin and your attacks on Biden i am surprised your posting at 9 pm when Paul Murray is about to start...i am guessing that the right wing claptrap they dish up on sky news at night is right up your alley mate...

Ok only joking !! Thought I would get in early

actually
I’m hoping we don’t need this one , and I’m actually hoping for a good outcome if he gets the gig

Good luck on the forum Griff, you will be needing it

You chose the coach before the club did, that’s f**king impressive.

Deano lost his job in golden point extra time, harsh lol.

I don’t think Hook is going to stand for any management by design or meditation bullshit.

DNA will now be transferred by the use of Hooks fist onto the chin a lazy forward.

Given his alleged maga views, he’s probably listening to re runs of the Alan Jones Morning Show on the way to training.

I can’t listen to the whining schoolboy sook they have on now instead of the old London public toilet expert.

Here’s the official 2021 sgi album photo of Hook:

98116C1C-397F-490C-8183-1C760476C5D8.jpeg

Every Mary staff member is likely to be taken out the back and shot (sacked).

Even if Hook fails, the club will be purged of the wretched putrid stench of Mary and his corporate shite.

A good man for demaryfication.

So long as the footprints are gone, some hope restored, that’s a start.

I get the feeling Webby has a lot of Marys blood on his hands.

Sorry Mary, the club is only big enough for one corporate Whiz bang candy store popper.

blacksafake

First Grade
Here’s the official 2021 sgi album photo of Hook:

View attachment 41776

Every Mary staff member is likely to be taken out the back and shot (sacked).

Even if Hook fails, the club will be purged of the wretched putrid stench of Mary and his corporate shite.

A good man for demaryfication.

So long as the footprints are gone, some hope restored, that’s a start.

I get the feeling Webby has a lot of Marys blood on his hands.

Sorry Mary, the club is only big enough for one corporate Whiz bang candy store popper.
:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The alleged media propaganda against Griffin the last couple off days was disgraceful.
Especially Andrew Webster a so called Dragon supporter.
I will not read another article he writes.

Well said, mate. Webster had a clear agenda in wanting his mate Young to be appointed and the status quo maintained.

He tried his best to intervene with the coaching appointment process and has shown himself to be a very inept journalist.

I'm done with him too.

Agree

he never bothered to do the right thing and do those axe jobs when Mary was in charge

gutless low life

Kent and Hooper not much better

All full of shit

These days, the main job of the nrl journo is to dig up or make up some filth and create controversy for click bait and to sell what’s left of the newspaper industry. Nobody takes any of them seriously. They are sitcom journalists.

The reality is that nobody quite knows how Hook is going to go, least of all himself!

The manner of his dismissal from the Panthers hurt Gould because he was rude and arrogant about it. His stupid “ Never win a grand final
under Hook” comment. Well he certainly can’t win one if he’s not coaching the side. That was just ugly opinionated mischief. Gus over-estimating his own popularity. He looked like the biggest tool in the world when he grubbed out on Hook who he had said before was the best coach he had seen. For all the world, it was a social falling out lording it over professional competence. Sad.

Then Gus gets his hands grubby in the fake news sgi review, which turns out to be nothing short of a unmitigated disaster.

Thousands of dollars are wasted on Mary until finally, hes not allowed to select the side on his own. They start winning soon after....

Then when he’s resigning, Mary blames the only mechanism that actually got him winning as somehow being unfair on him.

@LINESPEED insightfully noted he was delusional until the last. It was like his last stand of selfish “ poor me” with the final pathetic and illogical excuse thrown in as an exclamation mark to his horrific tenure.

Thankfully, in my honest view, and not being too ugly, Hook is not as imbecilic as Mary. He has a much higher IQ, a better understanding of pr and a much better coaching record.

His only promise is to make the club a better place for his tenure. Well, jury’s out but let’s see.

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
These days, the main job of the nrl journo is to dig up or make up some filth and create controversy for click bait and to sell what’s left of the newspaper industry. Nobody takes any of them seriously. They are sitcom journalists.

The reality is that nobody quite knows how Hook is going to go, least of all himself!

The manner of his dismissal from the Panthers hurt Gould because he was rude and arrogant about it. His stupid “ Never win a grand final
under Hook” comment. Well he certainly can’t win one if he’s not coaching the side. That was just ugly opinionated mischief. Gus over-estimating his own popularity.

Then Gus gets his hands grubby in the fake news sgi review, which turns out to be nothing short of a unmitigated disaster.

Thousands of dollars are wasted on Mary until finally, hes not allowed to select the side on his own. They start winning soon after....

Then when he’s resigning, Mary blames the only mechanism that actually got him winning as somehow being unfair on him.

@LINESPEED insightfully noted he was delusional until the last. It was like his last stand of selfish “ poor me” with the final pathetic and illogical excuse thrown in as an exclamation mark to his horrific tenure.

Thankfully, Hook is not as imbecilic as Mary. He has a much higher IQ, a better understanding of pr and a much better coaching record.
Hey phantom, I hope your using that avatar on the Tigers forum !!!

Good to see they had a comeback win, unlike us this week

Hey phantom, I hope your using that avatar on the Tigers forum !!!

Good to see they had a comeback win, unlike us this week

Yeah, it’s whole of forum avatar, they don’t really care I’d say. We disagree a lot on many things anyway. There’s very little common approach to anything, it’s very random. You are on your own as a tigers fan in lu. You eat what you kill personally. Don’t expect anyone to rescue you. It’s a tough but fair forum. Even our mods can be rough during an arrest.

I think the win v Manly shocked us more than anyone else. A bit of resilience that eluded us for much of the year.

The only time we have had an across the board forum happiness was after the first half versus Brisbane game.

That’s the only time everyone was satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt. Once in the entire season lol.

Everyone agreeing with each other, I think it made us all nervous and unsettled.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mate, it is illegal to discriminate against someone based on their political beliefs. If someone misses out on a job for these reasons along with others I mentioned, they're well within their rights to start a civil suit against the employer.

Employers can try to check out someone's social media but that doesn't give them grounds to discriminate.
I think you need to read up on anti-discrimination legislation.

I think you need read up on anti-discrimination legislation.

Yeah, I did, what a f**king mess. I couldn’t see it being illegal federally, can be in some states I understand.

But if he missed the job and he had the evidence, he could have made a complaint to the human rights commission folk no worries. But that’s no civil suit.

It’s limiting that only certain classes of people get protection. I’d be happy to expand the law to capture the conduct of the wrongdoer but on any broad basis. Some kind of “dickhead” test. If the reasonable person thinks the transgressor is a dickhead, that’s grounds for a complaint at least (not guilt).

So right now, you can legally be discriminated against for owning a ferret or something like that. That’s a bit tough.

But I’m absolutely no expert. Just speculating.

Any thoughts from lads, ladies and interested ferrets welcome.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah, I did, what a f**king mess. I couldn’t see it being illegal federally, can be in some states I understand.

But if he missed the job and he had the evidence, he could have made a complaint to the human rights commission folk no worries. But that’s no civil suit.

It’s limiting that only certain classes of people get protection. I’d be happy to expand the law to capture the conduct of the wrongdoer but on any broad basis. Some kind of “dickhead” test. If the reasonable person thinks the transgressor is a dickhead, that’s grounds for a complaint at least (not guilt).

So right now, you can legally be discriminated against for owning a ferret or something like that. That’s a bit tough.

But I’m absolutely no expert. Just speculating.

Any thoughts from lads, ladies and interested ferrets welcome.
Firstly let me say that I don't know if the allegations about Griffin are true. Twitter accounts are not always reliable and the media can sometimes twist things. Perhaps Griffin needs to come out and clear the air.

All I know is that I wouldn't employ someone if they were a bigot. Anyone who thinks sexism, racism, ageism etc is OK are not welcomed. They only create disharmony and make others feel uncomfortable. Employers have a responsibility here, not only to their employees but also to their own business. Anything else is just unprofessional imo.

On a construction site, for example, it is often drummed into the workers (during the induction) that bigotry is not allowed. Any complaints about racism or sexual harassment are dealt with and if true, the perpetrator is chucked off the site. They can't claim discrimination based on their 'political views'. They can complain, but they will find the legislation doesn't support them. The common held view in the 21st century is that the workers support each other as part of their obligations to the workplace and safety regulations. Anyone who contravenes this with bullying or bigotry can potentially create accidents and hinder production.