What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Maximus

Coach
I'm worried that by round 10 we will already be out of contention. We are disinterested, he lost the change sheds after the BBQ and our performances since tell the tale. No footy come September once again

Remember that the BBQ happened because the players refused to accept a direct instruction. He possibly lost the squad before the BBQ. In fact, I think the squad was lost before Hook even arrived.

The fact that Vaughan went and ignored Gould's instructions after Barrett resigned would indicate the issue is more with the players attitude than the coach. Which is also why a senior player like Sims wasn't invited or told about it.

Mojo

Bench
The fact that Vaughan went and ignored Gould's instructions after Barrett resigned would indicate the issue is more with the players attitude than the coach. Which is also why a senior player like Sims wasn't invited or told about it.
Yes. It's pretty clear there were (are still?) some major shit disturbers in the squad. I think it's also clear that Hook has tried to change things. It obviously hasn't worked though. I reckon there's some really serious shit going on under the surface.

jodragon40

Juniors
Yes. It's pretty clear there were (are still?) some major shit disturbers in the squad. I think it's also clear that Hook has tried to change things. It obviously hasn't worked though. I reckon there's some really serious shit going on under the surface.
When a coach loses the change sheds then its best you acknowledge that your time is up and move on.

mickeylane

Bench
i agree and im guessing there are 2 player camps...the Hunt camp and the Lomax Camp..the Hunt camp supports Hook 100% and the the other mob (Lomax, Lawrie, Sloan, Feagais, Sua, Sulli, Bird etc...are against Hook..) I honestly think the shit w hit the fan a nd Hook goes within 4 weeks...Hasler w stroll in on a 2 year deal

Parko1310

Juniors
i agree and im guessing there are 2 player camps...the Hunt camp and the Lomax Camp..the Hunt camp supports Hook 100% and the the other mob (Lomax, Lawrie, Sloan, Feagais, Sua, Sulli, Bird etc...are against Hook..) I honestly think the shit w hit the fan a nd Hook goes within 4 weeks...Hasler w stroll in on a 2 year deal
I can't in anyway be 100% certain but I don't know that Lomax sits in either camp, I get the feeling he may be on the outer of the playing group. Keeping in mind this is just my speculation and I may be reading too much into it, but he doesn't seem all too often to be up on photos on social media with teammates, especially the younger ones. I suppose that would place him closer to the Hunt camp if anything. There are 100% cliques within the group though.

blacksafake

First Grade
Don’t think Hasler is the answer

possm

Coach
Yes please But why wait for 4 weeks, sack both Hook and Haran NOW.

Draginzaaar

Bench
I can't in anyway be 100% certain but I don't know that Lomax sits in either camp, I get the feeling he may be on the outer of the playing group. Keeping in mind this is just my speculation and I may be reading too much into it, but he doesn't seem all too often to be up on photos on social media with teammates, especially the younger ones. I suppose that would place him closer to the Hunt camp if anything. There are 100% cliques within the group though.
Saw a photo of him and Slone in civies just yesterday.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agreed but for me not Des.
If a hard nosed coach is needed then let’s have a look at Flanno or Madge. Hell even Morris would be better.
Gee it's hard deciding on who our next coach should be blacksafake. Even if we had Bellamy, Robinson, Bennett, Cleary, .......Flanno, Madge or Hasler, would they be capable of turning us around with the total squad we currently have? Nearly half of our players need to go and to pay the sort of money needed to get replacements that we have for a long time identified, will require that coach and someone of high standing from the club to lure them across. I don't know. To me it seems too hard a task. We keep going around and around and we continually have to rebuild.

It wouldn't be too bad if you had already a nucleus of a good squad and you just need to tweak a few players here and there but not as many tweaks as we need to do to maintain a good team for every year.

For example, if you take the Roosters, they know that they will lose a couple of players each year and they work on who they can get to replace them ages beforehand. They just tweak a bit here and there to fill the numbers to an already solid squad. Same as the Storm and several other successful clubs.

We could gradually do the same, but can we wait years and years to achieve this?

blacksafake

First Grade
Gee it's hard deciding on who our next coach should be blacksafake. Even if we had Bellamy, Robinson, Bennett, Cleary, .......Flanno, Madge or Hasler, would they be capable of turning us around with the total squad we currently have? Nearly half of our players need to go and to pay the sort of money needed to get replacements that we have for a long time identified, will require that coach and someone of high standing from the club to lure them across. I don't know. To me it seems too hard a task. We keep going around and around and we continually have to rebuild.

It wouldn't be too bad if you had already a nucleus of a good squad and you just need to tweak a few players here and there but not as many tweaks as we need to do to maintain a good team for every year.

For example, if you take the Roosters, they know that they will lose a couple of players each year and they work on who they can get to replace them ages beforehand. They just tweak a bit here and there to fill the numbers to an already solid squad. Same as the Storm and several other successful clubs.

We could gradually do the same, but can we wait years and years to achieve this?
It’s a dog’s breakfast @Dragon David

Latest posts