What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

justadragon

Bench
Hornby, Ryles or Young reported on nine in line for interviews
They should have been doing this at the end of last season, not now, so if Hook gets punted for next year, what sort of effort are we going to have for the rest of the year. And to me by not getting a coach early has completely foregone this season. I am surprised there was no mention of Hasler.

justadragon

Bench

Dragon David

First Grade
Are the Dragons serious, they are going for Bellamy again, why do the Dragons consistently invent ways of F*&king this club over year after year. All this should have happened min 12 months ago.
Good luck with trying to get someone like Bellamy. Big bucks can buy anything though. And I mean BIG bucks.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Hornby, Ryles or Young reported on nine in line for interviews

There's a lot of football to be played before a decision will be made but if we have some success this year, they may give Ben Woolf and Ryan Carr the gig. They've had the pre-season with the boys and already playing a different style of football. I wonder where that's come from. No hope in hell Bellamy's coming and not particularly keen on an ex-player coming back to the fold. Just a thought.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ryles would be the #1 candidate, however, I'm sure he'll want the Storm job and he'd be a front runner for that.

Young would have to be #2 on the list, though he's no shoe-in. I think he's earmarked for HC a little later down the track.

Hence, #3 candidate would be Flanagan. It's interesting they bought in 2 new AC's and he left to become an AC. Could it have been a plan all along to get him out to get him back with the AC's he wanted?

I think Hornby would be #4, although He'd make a good coach, I don't think he's experienced enough at present.

The others would get an interview, but unless the other 4 (including Ryles) absolutely have no vision or purpose in their interview, it may be just a token gesture at best.

Someone raised the interesting point re the current AC's. Their positions would be of some concern, and I wonder if they've had any conversations with 'management' as yet about their futures. From what I've seen they've brought a lot to our current squad.

If they're going to make wholesale changes then surly Haran and Milward also have to be "put on notice", surly!

So, Young, Flanagan or Hornby or whoever, should someone start a poll, or would that be poor form this early in the current season?

Coffs dragon

Bench
I was wondering if the ex Parra AC could be an n line as the next Coach. He seems to be the guy giving instructions from the stand
It would seem to make too much sense!

Why would he leave the Eels as AC, whom made the GF and head to the RedV. He had the wraps on him within the Eels and was seen as their next Head coach in waiting.
Funny how they now struggle with our 2 ex players, Baz & the Peanut lending a hand instead.

redVbull

Juniors
Pretty stunned with the timing of this news TBH ... the club committed to Hook for 2023. No sooner has the season started and he's served notice? Club mgt white-anting his Coaching authority early in the season, compromising his ability to rebuild team morale and player dedication. Deliberately timed to derail prospect of him delivering a potentially successful season, to justify a replacement agenda? Not cool.

Phantom V

Juniors
Ryles would be the #1 candidate, however, I'm sure he'll want the Storm job and he'd be a front runner for that.

Young would have to be #2 on the list, though he's no shoe-in. I think he's earmarked for HC a little later down the track.

Hence, #3 candidate would be Flanagan. It's interesting they bought in 2 new AC's and he left to become an AC. Could it have been a plan all along to get him out to get him back with the AC's he wanted?

I think Hornby would be #4, although He'd make a good coach, I don't think he's experienced enough at present.

The others would get an interview, but unless the other 4 (including Ryles) absolutely have no vision or purpose in their interview, it may be just a token gesture at best.

Someone raised the interesting point re the current AC's. Their positions would be of some concern, and I wonder if they've had any conversations with 'management' as yet about their futures. From what I've seen they've brought a lot to our current squad.

If they're going to make wholesale changes then surly Haran and Milward also have to be "put on notice", surly!

So, Young, Flanagan or Hornby or whoever, should someone start a poll, or would that be poor form this early in the current season?
Flanagan would be my first choice. He has the runs on the board and already knows the current playing group. Of the others, I’d go for Ryles and Hornby as AC although are we in a position to role the dice with rookie coaches at this stage?

Latest posts