What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragons 09

Juniors
Not sure why you want to say sack the coach after a 30 point win?
Who would be the replacement? Des? Cleary? Maguire?
Lol.......those coaches clubs are the laughing stock this year.....

Is it ok to say it after a 30 point loss then?

Dragons 09

Juniors
Cool. We haven't lost by more than 14 points all season but you just wait for that 30 point loss mate. I think you may be waiting for a while though.....

I think you'll find it's 18 points but hey, who's counting other than the apologists. ;)

Gareth67

First Grade
Well something clicked into gear today , probably a combination of things . Widdop taking full control of the attack and the players themselves not giving up when the scores got close , plus the bounce of the ball went our way for a change .

They played with a new found determination . I would like to believe that can be attributed to Mary , however let's not be fooled , more so by the score line . We must continue to play the same way as we have done today to ensure that the semi's become a reality .

And as for Mary , he may had got the team firing once again , but he has a lot of ground to make up , from the disappointments of the past .There are another 6 matches remaining , I hope that he can continue to get the Dragons playing to the best of their ability .

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Poor Mary, start of the year everyone predicted he would coach them to a spoon or 2nd last. Gets thwm in the 8 most of it and still people want him sacked. If I said at the start of the season Saints will be top 8 most of it you would have all laughed. In all honesty Saints were robbed 2 wins so should be on 28 points in top 4. (Sharks/Raiders) both games were not decided by Saints poor form but the refs poor handling. What a difference that would have made even if they had 1 of those turned to wins.

Gareth67

First Grade
Poor Mary, start of the year everyone predicted he would coach them to a spoon or 2nd last. Gets thwm in the 8 most of it and still people want him sacked. If I said at the start of the season Saints will be top 8 most of it you would have all laughed. In all honesty Saints were robbed 2 wins so should be on 28 points in top 4. (Sharks/Raiders) both games were not decided by Saints poor form but the refs poor handling. What a difference that would have made even if they had 1 of those turned to wins.

Slippery Morris , yes there certainly were a couple of games , or perhaps even a few games , that could had gone our way . . . but we have been copping the dirty end of the stick for a number of years now , as far as the refs are concerned .

The Cronulla match was the worst to swallow , as the Dragons were without doubt the better team , fighting against the odds . Canberra , however , I put down to poor finishing on our part , we were deserving of a victory , but just could not deliver when it really mattered . Last year we beat the Raiders by an intercept try of our own , when Atkins swooped on that wayward pass from that fella in the green jersey , what's his name .

But that was last year and the Canberra match was last week , we have since had a good win , here's hoping that the players can continue on their winning way .

Old Timer

Coach
Funny how the pro Mc Fookknuckle people quickly focus on the wins, then try to give it in spades to the pragmatists and happily ignore the startling facts that should be considered when evaluating the coach.
  1. What answers do you have for the abysmal 15 minute defensive lapse yesterday and before you answer it consider what Melbourne would do to us if they were allowed that latitude. Yes you have to think about it because we don't play Manly every week.
  2. As above but the Newcastle game.
  3. Do you think those lapses are the mark of a good coach and do you think the top coaches would be pleased or would they have made changes?
  4. Mary didn't select the side yesterday because of vision he was forced into a position. If Thommo and Duges were fit they would have played and Dufty would still be the forgotten man. So do you think Dufty and Host (playing big minutes) made any difference to the team and if so do you realise that only injuries gave you that outcome?
  5. If Duges and Thommo are fit for next week would you select them ahead of the Dufty and Host or would you run with what obviously worked extremely well against Manly? What will you say of Mc Fookknuckle if he reverts back to Duges at the back and Thommo on the left in the starting line up?
  6. Packer is obviously playing busted big time what do you think of Mc Fookknuckle continually picking him but Packer comes up short re his actual output on the paddock. No doubt he brings something to the team re his inspiration and chat but is that enough for him to be picked?
  7. What do you think about us scoring tries from the very same things that Mc Fookknuckle used as excuses last year (kicks) all of a sudden they aren't an excuse they are a weapon FMD what a genius he really is.
Crush, Lizzie and a few others again expect 1 good win to wash away all the sins and still don't understand why people ask for change.
There was 20 minutes yesterday that was absolutely horrendous (and against 12 men) and sides well coached don't have that.

St Georgio

Juniors
Slippery Morris , yes there certainly were a couple of games , or perhaps even a few games , that could had gone our way . . . but we have been copping the dirty end of the stick for a number of years now , as far as the refs are concerned .

The Cronulla match was the worst to swallow , as the Dragons were without doubt the better team , fighting against the odds . Canberra , however , I put down to poor finishing on our part , we were deserving of a victory , but just could not deliver when it really mattered . Last year we beat the Raiders by an intercept try of our own , when Atkins swooped on that wayward pass from that fella in the green jersey , what's his name .

But that was last year and the Canberra match was last week , we have since had a good win , here's hoping that the players can continue on their winning way .
I mentioned last week how the Raiders went on a great roll after that loss too us in that game(2016) , hopefully we will do the same this year.