What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If it is good enough for Fulton to be used at Manly why don't we use Langlands and Raper in an advisory capacity. They were part of the greatest ever team and would recognise talent. If this is not possible we should bring in Geoff Toovey in an advisory capacity as he knows how to get the best out of a team.

ralph18

Juniors
I agree with other comments that Mary has lost the confidence of the playing group and that has become increasingly obvious over the last few weeks.

So the question now, as I see it is, is there enough spirit left in the playing group to do anything about it, for example join together in an approach to the Board to express their concerns? I fear not and the more likely scenario is that the majority of the team will be individually approaching their managers to find some way to get them out of this sorry club.

I can only hope that I'm wrong

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
No , I am not rating him by Wiki - however a prop his size is just what our pack needs . I for one am sick of watching other , much bigger forward packs ( Bulldogs ,Roosters etc. etc ....) of pummelling ours around the field week in , week out . As hardworking as the Dragon pack is , they still lack real size to match the other teams .
A good big team , will always beat a good small team , and until we have a couple of real big props we will always finish second .
Yep. Should have kept Rory O'Brien and George Rose.

Gareth67

First Grade
If it is good enough for Fulton to be used at Manly why don't we use Langlands and Raper in an advisory capacity. They were part of the greatest ever team and would recognise talent. If this is not possible we should bring in Geoff Toovey in an advisory capacity as he knows how to get the best out of a team.
They certainly were . It would be good if the club could call upon all that experience and use it to its best advantage . But I am wondering about their age now , or more to the point , their health . But as you said , they could also use Geoff Toovey . What anyone of those 3 gentleman plans are at present we just don't know , but they could only benefit the club .

John moz

Juniors
Good guy and a legend but cant Coach we can all say that you had your chance please for the team and us fans resign now before it is another waist of a year. You have lost faith in the players and fans it will only get worse at the next home games no one will show like last friday night.

Old Timer

Coach

2 of my all time favourites but unlike Fulton they have been out of the club scene for way too many years to have anything positive to add.

Mark Coyne is a guy who I also rated highly and has represented at the highest level and being an ex Qld'er night be able to tap into some talent up there.

He also has had a successful business career including many board appointments so not quite sure what he is doing now or whether he would in fact be interested in doing something positive for our club at an administration or advisory level.

Old Timer

Coach
Just a little interesting stat.

As you all know Changa captained / coached at both international and club level.

At international level his win rate was 75% nothing short of phenomenal.

At club level (72 - 76) his win rate was a tad under 58% also extremely high but he never won a premiership.

In 77 they installed Harry Bath as coach and he won premierships in 77 & 79.

Mary's record as a player or as a coach is nowhere near Changa's so what are the board waiting for dump him.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
No , I am not rating him by Wiki - however a prop his size is just what our pack needs . I for one am sick of watching other , much bigger forward packs ( Bulldogs ,Roosters etc. etc ....) of pummelling ours around the field week in , week out . As hardworking as the Dragon pack is , they still lack real size to match the other teams .
A good big team , will always beat a good small team , and until we have a couple of real big props we will always finish second .

Well if size is all you're after I know a few 6ft something 120kg plus boys running around in park football you may be interested in? Hell let's just start recruiting straight from the NBL......

Gareth67

First Grade
Well if size is all you're after I know a few 6ft something 120kg plus boys running around in park football you may be interested in? Hell let's just start recruiting straight from the NBL......
Well , urrrrr ,durrrr , perhaps they could be just the ' boys ' to do the job ! But for myself and I am sure most other Dragon supporters it may be better if we signed someone with proven 1st grade experience and above all toughness to stand his ground against opposition packs . Stop reading more , than what there actually is in the post . Perhaps you could even consider doing some research on the subject at hand , for starters , the English Super League websites ? However I am quite sure about one thing , that hopefully , even you would understand , and that is , this thread has run its course , so let's just let it die !

Last edited:

GKJ79

Juniors
Well , urrrrr ,durrrr , perhaps they could be just the ' boys ' to do the job ! But for myself and I am sure most other Dragon supporters it may be better if we signed someone with proven 1st grade experience and above all toughness to stand his ground against opposition packs . Stop reading more , than what there actually is in the post . Perhaps you could even consider doing some research on the subject at hand , for starters , the English Super League websites ? However I am quite sure about one thing , that hopefully , even you would understand , and that is , this thread has run its course , so let's just let it die !

No, this thread will not have run its course until Mcgregor is gooone, it is very much alive.

# f**k OFF MCGREGOR

Gareth67

First Grade
Who would you have taken?
Henry , however that's easy to say now . At that time I would had chosen Griffin , as I thought that he had done a good job at the Broncos , considering that he was not on the best of terms with some of the Board .

God-King Dean

Immortal
I hope McGregor doesn't get sacked through the season

Reason being, then Young or Hornby will take over. If they start winning a few games, then they'll be appointed coach. Hate to see another club legend become despised.

Gareth67

First Grade
I hope McGregor doesn't get sacked through the season

Reason being, then Young or Hornby will take over. If they start winning a few games, then they'll be appointed coach. Hate to see another club legend become despised.
Yes , I see your point . We worship these people when the going is good , but we drag them down , when things get tough . If and when the club has the foresight to sign another coach , whenever that may be , we can only hope that he is an outsider ( that has proven coaching ability ) .

FFS Toto is not your dog he belongs to Dorothy.

If you can't see him he's probably up your hooter, it's certainly big enough

Now put a disappearing spell on our board and coaching staff and all the dud signings we have or piss off back to where you came from.

Ok sir, seeings you asked nicely, on your request i have just put a disappearing spell on your coach, board and players.
Please don't blame me later......