What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Crush

Coach
Come on Crush...
Are you seriously comparing Meninga and Walters to McGregor?
So what about the NSW Origin side - also a top line roster with Laurie Daly as coach.
Does that roster make Daly look like a good coach to you? Failure after failure after failure.
Losing unlosable games. Always bombing out in the crunch/close games.
Sound familiar?
They persevered with Daly for far too long in the hope that things would improve.
That improvement never happened and that's exactly what we are doing with McGregor.
Someone on the board is determined to prove everyone wrong about McGregor and the fans are the ones suffering for it.
The formula for winning comps has many aspects.
Roster is one but only in conjunction with a great motivator and technician as a coach.
Another example is the Warriors.
On paper their roster should make them title contenders.
But they have been unable to lure any of the better coaches over the ditch and results are pitiful.
Rationalizing McGregor as a FG coach is an exercise in futility.
He just doesn't have the experience or the aptitude to be a top line coach.
McGregor as coach = no premierships. Regardless of roster.
Simple.
So to be clear, on that rational, IF next year the Dragons won the comp which of these would be true.
1. You were wrong about McGregor
2. You were wrong about the idea that a team cannot win a comp without a top line coach
Highly unlikely I know but I am just curious.

So to be clear, on that rational, IF next year the Dragons won the comp which of these would be true.
1. You were wrong about McGregor
2. You were wrong about the idea that a team cannot win a comp without a top line coach
Highly unlikely I know but I am just curious.
If we win the comp with Paul McGregor as coach, I would be wrong about everything!
But don't hold your breath...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Do you think this post will crack 1000? Interested to see if the Page number field allows 4 digits. Oh sorry forgot, Mary Sux, we are doomed, blah, blah blah.....

grouch

First Grade
Ive always thought that the roster is by far the most important factor in being successful in the nrl. Having a great coach is a bonus but not 100% necessary. So I agree with you here. Its clear that McGregor isnt a great coach but that doesn't mean we can't be very good in a 2018.
I'm happy for you to keep peddling this absolutely delusional garbage, as long as it keeps bumping this thread

Sack McGregor

Crush

Coach
I'm happy for you to keep peddling this absolutely delusional garbage, as long as it keeps bumping this thread

Sack McGregor
I enjoy the debate and enjoy posting on a wide range of topics and threads. I particularly like the sack mcgregor thread because its relevant for sure.
In don't think its delusional garbage and I don't think I am peddling it.
I was merely stating that I think its possible to be highly successful regardless of the coach if the playing roster is strong enough. But you probably didn't read it or you didn't understand it.

Just had a look at the 2017 season review.

Essentially we were a top 4 side based on the stats that were quoted in the report.

Yet we finished outside the 8.

Crushes the argument a really good squad can succeed without equally good coaching staff.

If McClueless had rotated the forwards during the season and used the whole bench consistently, the forwards would not have become fatigued during the second half of the season.

2017 Squad should have played finals footy.

2018 Squad is better than 2017 Squad, and may well overcome the handicap of poor bench management, poor team selection, and zero plan B of McClueless.

We live in hope !!!!

Essentially we were a top 4 side based on the stats that were quoted in the report.

Crushes the argument a really good squad can succeed without equally good coaching staff.

If McClueless had rotated the forwards during the season and used the whole bench consistently, the forwards would not have become fatigued during the second half of the season.

2018 Squad is better than 2017 Squad, and may well overcome the handicap of poor bench management, poor team selection, and zero plan B of McClueless.

We live in hope !!!!
Absolutely right but why should "we live in hope"?
Every year we strengthen our roster and "hope" that McGregor will improve as a coach.
It is a ludicrous situation that is compromising our ability to win a premiership.
A higher profile coach would've had us playing finals footy in 2017 and be bristling with confidence for a top 4 finish in 2018.
Instead, "we live in hope" and so do the players (quote JDB)
That to me is not good enough and it is a stupid way to run a first grade NRL team.
My ongoing fear is that a top 8 finish will be enough to maintain McGregor as coach.
As stated before
McGregor as Coach = No premierships - regardless of roster.

Crush

Coach

We live in hope !!!!
Ive never said that we wouldn't do better with a better coach. I agree with a better coach we would have played finals last year.
My point is that we can still have a huge year in 2018 despite McGregor based on the upgraded playing personnel.

grouch

First Grade
I enjoy the debate and enjoy posting on a wide range of topics and threads. I particularly like the sack mcgregor thread because its relevant for sure.
In don't think its delusional garbage and I don't think I am peddling it.
I was merely stating that I think its possible to be highly successful regardless of the coach if the playing roster is strong enough. But you probably didn't read it or you didn't understand it.
You have been peddling this very delusional garbage since before McGregor missed the finals again... with your prime example being the supposedly looming failure to make the 8 of Paul Green and the Thurston-less Scott-less Cowboys. Green thoroughly busted the shit out of your myth

Crush

Coach
You have been peddling this very delusional garbage since before McGregor missed the finals again... with your prime example being the supposedly looming failure to make the 8 of Paul Green and the Thurston-less Scott-less Cowboys. Green thoroughly busted the shit out of your myth
Try to cheer up mate, its Christmas!

Crush

Coach
Actually, what might make you feel a little better, there is a christmas thread where many of us wish each other a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Maybe you should post on that thread?
Go on. Say something nice about someone for once. It feels good to say something nice. Try it Grouch. Its called the Xmas Thread. 6488 posts, make the 6489 a positive one. You can do it!

Ive never said that we wouldn't do better with a better coach. I agree with a better coach we would have played finals last year.
My point is that we can still have a huge year in 2018 despite McGregor based on the upgraded playing personnel.
Crush - I understand your point of view but rather than have a huge year despite McGregor, maybe the question we should be asking is:
"We now have a strong roster - what else do we need to win a premiership?"

Crush

Coach
Crush - I understand your point of view but rather than have a huge year despite McGregor, maybe the question we should be asking is:
"We now have a strong roster - what else do we need to win a premiership?"
Mate if I woke up and heard that the dragons had sacked Mary and employed a new coach I'd be fricken fist pumping the air! But that isn't going to happen.

BennyV

Referee
What counts as a huge year?

grouch

First Grade
Actually, what might make you feel a little better, there is a christmas thread where many of us wish each other a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Maybe you should post on that thread?
Go on. Say something nice about someone for once. It feels good to say something nice. Try it Grouch. Its called the Xmas Thread. 6488 posts, make the 6489 a positive one. You can do it!
No thanks Flanders. I don't need re-Neducation. Go far-diddly-uck yourself

Sack McGregor

This Year?

Immortal
Pls santa give me my christmas wish.

Since the day the pen thrower chucked his pen and mouthed the word "f**k", I've been a good boy cos I know you will deliver (unlike Paul Mcgregor).

My sock will be hanging and I will wake up on Christmas day in the hope there will be a newspaper in it and on the back page the there is a MARY CHRISTMAS DRAGONS FANS Paul Mcgregor will no longer be at the dragons.