What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

lynx000

Juniors
If McGregor is depending on Hunt for game management, cool headedness and closing games out, both he and you are in for a long season.

lynx000

Juniors
A typical post from a broncos supporter.

Unfortunately it is all true. I like Ben Hunt, he has been a loyal servant of our club. But, you have to be honest, he has not developed in the way he should have and the 2015 GF loss seems to have psychologically impacted him more than just about anyone else.

His kicking game is very hit and miss. He has a tendency to drop his head when he makes a mistake and he then seems to worry about that or go into his shell for the rest of the game. I am hoping that the change of club and scenery will be good for him and he will refind his 2015 form, if so bonus to the Saints and bonus to Queensland.

From what I have seen what the Broncos supporters have posted, they still think he is a good player, but he is not worth what your club is alleged to have paid him.

Life's Good

Coach
Unfortunately it is all true. I like Ben Hunt, he has been a loyal servant of our club. But, you have to be honest, he has not developed in the way he should have and the 2015 GF loss seems to have psychologically impacted him more than just about anyone else.

His kicking game is very hit and miss. He has a tendency to drop his head when he makes a mistake and he then seems to worry about that or go into his shell for the rest of the game. I am hoping that the change of club and scenery will be good for him and he will refind his 2015 form, if so bonus to the Saints and bonus to Queensland.

From what I have seen what the Broncos supporters have posted, they still think he is a good player, but he is not worth what your club is alleged to have paid him.

The details in your post have been discussed in the Hunt thread and what you raised isn’t a surprise. Inevitably there is agreement/disagreement over what might eventuate with Hunt on board.
Undeniably, the reality is Hunt will be an upgrade for us as our first genuine 7 since the mid 00’s(Matt Head).
Being biased he will play behind a better forward pack with us which will give him the space needed for his running & passing game so that isn’t in question.
As for the organising(kicking, game management etc.)side of things that remains a work in progress that he gets support in with Widdop & to a lesser extent Graham(leader, talker).
I don’t have a crystal ball but Hunt will give us plenty of upside, not to the point of winning a comp(we need a new coach for that)but helping close out games that get us into the 8(unlike this year).
Definitely one of the stories to watch in 2018.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The details in your post have been discussed in the Hunt thread and what you raised isn’t a surprise. Inevitably there is agreement/disagreement over what might eventuate with Hunt on board.
Undeniably, the reality is Hunt will be an upgrade for us as our first genuine 7 since the mid 00’s(Matt Head).
Being biased he will play behind a better forward pack with us which will give him the space needed for his running & passing game so that isn’t in question.
As for the organising(kicking, game management etc.)side of things that remains a work in progress that he gets support in with Widdop & to a lesser extent Graham(leader, talker).
I don’t have a crystal ball but Hunt will give us plenty of upside, not to the point of winning a comp(we need a new coach for that)but helping close out games that get us into the 8(unlike this year).

Good post, mate.

emu62

Juniors

Unlike many here , i am happy to hear your opinion on Hunt. Do not necessarily agree with it , but interesting to hear a Broncos supporters thoughts on him

getsmarty

Immortal
Unlike many here , i am happy to hear your opinion on Hunt. Do not necessarily agree with it , but interesting to hear a Broncos supporters thoughts on him

Correct, Although Broncos tried very hard to keep Hunt. We offered longer years to get him across the line.

monsterkev

Juniors

typical bronco supporter,can't read this is a sack McGregor thread not a ben hunt thread so please use the correct one next time you want to bag hunt
by the way I think he will be a better player at the dragons than the broncos as he wont have Bennett f**king with his headspace and making him feel like a piece of shit

Overseas dragon

Juniors
typical bronco supporter,can't read this is a sack McGregor thread not a ben hunt thread so please use the correct one next time you want to bag hunt
by the way I think he will be a better player at the dragons than the broncos as he wont have Bennett f**king with his headspace and making him feel like a piece of shit
And he won't have to cover for your 5/8 who goes missing a lot brilliant one minute missing the next .......

lynx000

Juniors

Have a look at post 4466 in this thread dipshit, and I was responding to the comments made by McGregor as posted in that post, posted in this thread. Perhaps that might be a little beyond your level of intelligence. If you want me to explain it in simpler terms, perhaps involving words with less than three four letters, let me know.

lynx000

Juniors

Thanks for the sensible reply and my apologies if I have posted in the wrong thread. You make very valid points and I hope that Hunt finds his form again and has a great season for you guys.

Life's Good

Coach
Thanks for the sensible reply and my apologies if I have posted in the wrong thread. You make very valid points and I hope that Hunt finds his form again and has a great season for you guys.
No need to apologise mate. You referenced the McGregor article with what you said about Hunt which has been tossed around here as well.
My only hope is you’re wrong!!

monsterkev

Juniors
Have a look at post 4466 in this thread dipshit, and I was responding to the comments made by McGregor as posted in that post, posted in this thread. Perhaps that might be a little beyond your level of intelligence. If you want me to explain it in simpler terms, perhaps involving words with less than three four letters, let me know.
resorting to personal attacks now I must of touched a nerve
I am deeply upset by your response (not) grow up and piss off back to the donkey forum
your just upset you don't have a decent half back as nikorima sucks big time and you know it
donkeys are already gone

monsterkev

Juniors
No need to apologise mate. You referenced the McGregor article with what you said about Hunt which has been tossed around here as well.
My only hope is you’re wrong!!
he is wrong and is following hunts progress because he is pissed that donkeys don't have him and we do

Life's Good

Coach
he is wrong and is following hunts progress because he is pissed that donkeys don't have him and we do
That’s your opinion which I’m not about to try & change because it’s how you see it. Who am I in the grand scheme of things when it comes to what others think anyway?

I saw it very differently given the discussion about Hunt(in another thread)covered the same points raised earlier.