What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Red V for life

Juniors
If McGregor is depending on Hunt for game management, cool headedness and closing games out, both he and you are in for a long season.
Mate, I think the change of scenery might be good for him. I always thought it’d be hard to come back from that mistake in the GF, especially in the same team.

Anyway, a few more observations:

1. Mary has to depend on something coz time and time again he’s shown us he isn’t up to the task;

2. Hunt’s ability to deliver any of the above things you mentioned will primarily depend upon what Mary’s tasked him with implementing. We’re in for another power game year and playing right at the line as our outside backs aren’t flash so I’ll just enjoy the rare sight of our kicks in general play finding the grass to be honest.

3. Any season to date with Mary in charge has been a loooong season so we’re more than prepared; and

4. Somewhat weirdly, I can’t see Hunt getting caned by the Dragons faithful in the event of a bad season next year. The guy is quality (as is James Graham). If they don’t perform, Mary will be feeling the heat from all quarters.

Crush

Coach
Unfortunately it is all true. I like Ben Hunt, he has been a loyal servant of our club. But, you have to be honest, he has not developed in the way he should have and the 2015 GF loss seems to have psychologically impacted him more than just about anyone else.

His kicking game is very hit and miss. He has a tendency to drop his head when he makes a mistake and he then seems to worry about that or go into his shell for the rest of the game. I am hoping that the change of club and scenery will be good for him and he will refind his 2015 form, if so bonus to the Saints and bonus to Queensland.

From what I have seen what the Broncos supporters have posted, they still think he is a good player, but he is not worth what your club is alleged to have paid him.
Thanks for the insight.
From a Dragons fan's perspective though I am just excited to have a halfback that is a "good player".
You see, we have been playing with a guy called Josh McCrone, I don't expect that you have heard of him but he was the worst halfback to ever play the game of nrl. In fact, and I am sure you wouldn't know this useless fact, but he played over 150 nrl games! That was his selling point for McGregor. Mary referenced it ever time he said Josh McCrones name. "We have Josh McCrone, a veteran of 140 nrl games"
Anyway, I guess my point is although Hunt may not be worth the sum of money that has been thrown around he sure as hell is a MASSIVE upgrade on what we have been playing with and therefore we are kinda excited.
Cheers.

lynx000

Juniors
Thanks for the insight.
From a Dragons fan's perspective though I am just excited to have a halfback that is a "good player".
You see, we have been playing with a guy called Josh McCrone, I don't expect that you have heard of him but he was the worst halfback to ever play the game of nrl. In fact, and I am sure you wouldn't know this useless fact, but he played over 150 nrl games! That was his selling point for McGregor. Mary referenced it ever time he said Josh McCrones name. "We have Josh McCrone, a veteran of 140 nrl games"
Anyway, I guess my point is although Hunt may not be worth the sum of money that has been thrown around he sure as hell is a MASSIVE upgrade on what we have been playing with and therefore we are kinda excited.
Cheers.
I totally agree, he is a massive upgrade. He was in our system from when he was about 12-13. What you are getting is a guy with an excellent running game, a good to very good passing game on his day and somebody that will not give up. He is also loyal and a geeeat team man.

If he can get over his mental demons and avoid going into his shell (and hit his 2014-15 form), you have yourselves a fantastic player.

71saintsimon

Juniors
Thanks for the insight.
Cheers.
Very true also the fact is players tend to lose there natural ability under the tutelage of McGregor example Dugan was never the payer he was at Canberra , nene MacDonald lost his speed and try scoring Abilities disgraceful not one kick to his wing all year beter stil his used as a battering ram out of dummy half , in the few games we have seen of Dufty its very apparent his been told not to run there for nullifying his natural game and so with Ben hunt is he going to improve from being coached by McGregor from Wayne Bennett ? I hardly would think so

Bench
It will only take three or four games to see if Hunt, Graham and Duffy are playing under McIdiots game plan.
I think all of us know what Hunt and Graham are capable of and it will be obvious if they don’t play to their strengths.
This was obvious with Dufty as fullback. Catch the ball and pass to a winger. That was beyond belief that McIdiot made him do that.
By Duffy catching and passing allowed the opposition extra time to chase the kick.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
It will only take three or four games to see if Hunt, Graham and Duffy are playing under McIdiots game plan.
I think all of us know what Hunt and Graham are capable of and it will be obvious if they don’t play to their strengths.
This was obvious with Dufty as fullback. Catch the ball and pass to a winger. That was beyond belief that McIdiot made him do that.
By Duffy catching and passing allowed the opposition extra time to chase the kick.
It's fairly obvious if we had the Australian test team MARY would still be looking for excuses for losing ......why is it so difficult to see he is out of his depth way out ........wake up DOUST time to grow some balls and dispose of this bumbling fool jetski,mcanchor,call him by any name you like but he has to go go go go go GO.

Ted bartolo

Juniors
It's fairly obvious if we had the Australian test team MARY would still be looking for excuses for losing ......why is it so difficult to see he is out of his depth way out ........wake up DOUST time to grow some balls and dispose of this bumbling fool jetski,mcanchor,call him by any name you like but he has to go go go go Doust has to go go go

Drag Queen

Bench
One thing you can be sure of with Ben, he will never dog it like Hayne did at the Titans, if anything he tries too hard and beats himself up when he makes a mistake.

Good luck for next year and I look forward to the banter leading up to round 1.
Really good to hear from a Broncos fan. From the little I've seen of him, he'll still be a major upgrade on what we have been playing. We've lost Dugan which is a huge loss, Packer great in some games but absent on a few. Taane Milne might prove our greatest loss though. I'm thinking Cleary will get the most out of this young gun.

Bench
Really good to hear from a Broncos fan. From the little I've seen of him, he'll still be a major upgrade on what we have been playing. We've lost Dugan which is a huge loss, Packer great in some games but absent on a few. Taane Milne might prove our greatest loss though. I'm thinking Cleary will get the most out of this young gun.
If Milne does improve under Cleary it would show how bad :McIdiot is

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Given that Mc Gregor rates the 2018 side rhe best that he has ever coached if the team does not make the Top 4 it will be because of poor selections or poor coaching or a combination of both which are all 100% under his control. I expect that when the losses start to mount up he will blame the inexperience of the young players either due to them making silly mistakes in the NRL or being too raw to promote from Reserve Grade.contending that all the young players need at least another year to develop.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
IF MARY had any brains he would make number 4 on the bench the spot for the young guns.eg. LOMAX , GARRICK , SAILOR,or FIELD .maybe 5 to 10 minutes then the bench won't be a total waste .....

Latest posts