What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ouryear

Juniors
I can't believe we're entering another season and this f#*kwit is still coach. Just can't believe it.

Straight Shooter

Come on guys.

You know Mary was right when he said IF the field was 98 mt's we would have won today.

And we would have made the top 8 if tries from kicks were not counted.

Oh, and yes, I prefer to use 17 players, 18 is just too many.

Please god, can you help us.

Unfortunately Mary still has no idea why the team performed so poorly during second half of season.

He will rely on Hunt and Graham making the difference whilst discounting the loss of Dugan and Packer.

Clueless.

Rotate your forwards Mary, and use your whole 4 man bench.

Develop a plan B, for when the power game is contained.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
So Field, Sele, Dufty and Lawrie don't count as having opportunities in 2017? Or isn't that enough? You want the team to carry a junior on the bench every game so that you can throw them in for 15 minutes at the end?

Wasn't there an arguement that having a utility on the bench like Mann was pointless and bad coaching - especially when he's only brought on for 15 or so minutes at the end of the game? Yet we want to carry a junior on the bench just so they can get 15 minutes at the end of the game? Sounds like exactly the same thing.

Precisely ............ To me, that is how you grow the team and that the upcoming players know they will get a start, if they show the promise that the club have invested in them.

It should be a win for all.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think we should forget about bagging McGregor and concentrate on our team.

It’s a new season and the kick off is all but with us, so please, let’s all enjoy both coach and team.

Of course, l’d love to say more but l’m running late for the Pathological Liars Convention here on the Gold Coast.

For those attending the game tonight, if anyone gets to speak with Paul, please pass on my best wishes.

Vote 1 - McGregor!

It’s a new season and the kick off is all but with us, so please, let’s all enjoy both coach and team.

Of course, l’d love to say more but l’m running late for the Pathological Liars Convention here on the Gold Coast.

For those attending the game tonight, if anyone gets to speak with Paul, please pass on my best wishes.

Vote 1 - McGregor!

For a moment there, I actually thought Crush had hacked into your account.

Straight Shooter

jak

Bench

Vote 1 - McGregor!
that's what I like to hear lots of LOVE for mary, and that's not a lie. vote 2 okb.

ouryear

Juniors
The game vs Hull showed Mary is useless, Hull is 12 points behind Leeds who were 30 points behind Storm.

About right, 40 points behind Storm.

Yeppp, another damn season of crap.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
For sure, the pace of the game was slow. The South's game was twice the speed, if we aren't careful, South's might put 40 on us next week, particularly if GI and Gagai play.

Hopefully the boys will go the next level.
They will need to step it up.

I honestly think most of our games this year will be high scoring.
Our defence won't help us so we need to be able to score big, to win.

Sack M

Crush

Coach
The game vs Hull showed Mary is useless, Hull is 12 points behind Leeds who were 30 points behind Storm.

About right, 40 points behind Storm.

Yeppp, another damn season of crap.
Lol. Seriously mate. It was a fricken trial and you are into Mary for not winning by more? Stop it. You are embarrassing yourself.

Old Timer

Coach
Lol. Seriously mate. It was a fricken trial and you are into Mary for not winning by more? Stop it. You are embarrassing yourself.
Come on Crush you have to admit we were lack lustre and very clunky against a team full of pensioners and wheel chair patients.
The Storm hit 1st gear within minutes and didn't even get out of 3rd gear as they coasted to victory in complete style against the best ESL team by some margin.
We should've easily lapped Hull and we didn't which shows that our preparation was poor and looking at our defensive effort was hard to stomach.
Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to tackle properly but we couldn't even do that.

Crush

Coach
Come on Crush you have to admit we were lack lustre and very clunky against a team full of pensioners and wheel chair patients.
The Storm hit 1st gear within minutes and didn't even get out of 3rd gear as they coasted to victory in complete style against the best ESL team by some margin.
We should've easily lapped Hull and we didn't which shows that our preparation was poor and looking at our defensive effort was hard to stomach.
Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to tackle properly but we couldn't even do that.
OT, it was a trial. They trained them hard all week so that they could play under fatigue to maximize the work out for them. Yes their defense was soft but it was a trial where players were coming and going. I am happy to see Mary cop it for his shortcomings but this is silly IMO.
Next thing the forum will be saying tigers are the real deal this year after smashing the cowboys in townsville.

hewi

Bench
All will be revealed on that Thursday night at Kogarah against the Donkeys, within 20 minutes we should know what sort of winter we are in for. I hope it’s good ,it’s agony when I can’t stand watching the Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
OT, it was a trial. They trained them hard all week so that they could play under fatigue to maximize the work out for them. Yes their defense was soft but it was a trial where players were coming and going. I am happy to see Mary cop it for his shortcomings but this is silly IMO.
Next thing the forum will be saying tigers are the real deal this year after smashing the cowboys in townsville.
Then explain the Storm result to me so I can understand why the best team in the comp does it one way and we who struggle to finish a season in the semis do it an entirely different way against what was soft opposition?
We put arguably the best side we can on the paddock bar 2 players (who we will probably lose at origin) for the 1st 25 minutes and we were very poor.
You can call it a trial as much as you like but IMO its always excuses, excuses and more excuses to cover up the cracks in our paper mache outfit.
Time for people to heed the warnings signs asap but alas the penny doesn't drop for some especially the coaching staff.
By the way do you think we should beat Souths in the next trial or that doesn't matter either?

RED73V

Juniors
I was at the game & seriously disappointed with how unorganised we looked . I understand it’s a trial as such but the amount of talent we have across the park far outweighs Hull. They are running 6th in the English super league, so here they would be probably 13th to 16th at best. In comparison the South’s game was more fluent & quicker & they fielded a second string side. No Reynolds,Walker,Sutton,Inglis,Gagai & Crichton just to name a few . South’s looked more threatening than us & I hope I’m wrong but it already feels like Groundhog Day again.