What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dennis this is the problem of late and is a worry we should be beating these teams comfortably , let's hope so. Just of topic how do you see the way Frizel is being used , for a guy that hits the line at speed and strength he doesn't make many breaks . For me he is used as a battering ram , should be put through a hole by our play makers every now and then . Would be very dangerous in open play .....
I totally agree with you.
They are playing him more as a middle forward trying to make the advantage line metres.
He would be devastating if he was running angles and trailing our playmakers more.
It's interesting that Sims does that a lot more but the opposition is pretty wise to that now and they are reading the crash ball play close to the line a lot better..
Perfect opportunity to alternate and use Friz as well. Then it would not be so predictable.
You just get the feeling he should be scoring many more tries.
LAM is an ideal metre eater and should get more minutes. Sure looks like he can handle it.
That would take the burden off Frizell.
I am afraid that the way he is being used, he is going to be battered and injured by the time the big games come around.

BennyV

Referee
You put a sharp point on the whole scenario and no amount of window dressing or hype is going to change that.
I am a big Nighty fan and he has been out of sorts this year and deserved to be dropped.
Mann played with energy but I am not sure he added much to the equation compared to Nightingale.
He also dropped that crucial bomb which Nightingale would have swallowed.
Just on your point - McGregor finally had the balls to drop Nightingale and then put him on the bench as a utility!
Replaced Graham late in the game and gave him his customary bench 7 minutes.
Why not just drop the guy to ISP and pick the very best bench player for the job?
They are the sort of decisions I will never understand.
I also think that if we had experimented with a few of the young backs earlier in the season, we may have had a stronger hand to play in our three quarter line leading into the end of the season and the finals.
Instead we hoping that Lafai, Aitkin and McDonald and now Mann, can match it with the competition heavy weights.
Would he though?
It was a shit miss by Mann, but Nighty has been far from 'reliable' this year. The amount of times I've heard commentators claim an 'out of character' error from him over the first 10 rounds was crazy, they just didnt end in tries. On top of that, Morris is one of the best flyers in the comp and I'd put his leap up against almost anyone.

Flo prob had a higher chance of catching that but I dont think it was guaranteed.

hazzbeen

Bench
I totally agree with you.
They are playing him more as a middle forward trying to make the advantage line metres.
He would be devastating if he was running angles and trailing our playmakers more.
It's interesting that Sims does that a lot more but the opposition is pretty wise to that now and they are reading the crash ball play close to the line a lot better..
Perfect opportunity to alternate and use Friz as well. Then it would not be so predictable.
You just get the feeling he should be scoring many more tries.
LAM is an ideal metre eater and should get more minutes. Sure looks like he can handle it.
That would take the burden off Frizell.
I am afraid that the way he is being used, he is going to be battered and injured by the time the big games come around.
Glad we are on the same page . Maybe the coaching staff need to turn the page now and then ...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Dennis this is the problem of late and is a worry we should be beating these teams comfortably , let's hope so. Just of topic how do you see the way Frizel is being used , for a guy that hits the line at speed and strength he doesn't make many breaks . For me he is used as a battering ram , should be put through a hole by our play makers every now and then . Would be very dangerous in open play .....

Precisely.

Would he though?
It was a shit miss by Mann, but Nighty has been far from 'reliable' this year. The amount of times I've heard commentators claim an 'out of character' error from him over the first 10 rounds was crazy, they just didnt end in tries. On top of that, Morris is one of the best flyers in the comp and I'd put his leap up against almost anyone.

Flo prob had a higher chance of catching that but I dont think it was guaranteed.
Flo maybe out of form but fielding high balls is not one the problems.

ouryears

Bench
I read where Newcastle and Brownie have agreed on a new contract. No actual time specified but it is on a performance agreement
Now this is something we should look at for Mary's contract negitations

But.....but we don't want any further negotiations!!

None, it's the end of the line.

He can go back to painting.

Crush

Coach
Got to remember mate, most of the head honchos can't read.
Ive never used the ignore function before.
Can you see this ouryears?
Can other posters see this?
How does this all work?
Still can't believe that you have ignored me ouryears......

Bench
Watching Souths game and hopping Parramatta win, but I saw those tries the bunnies scored from a scrum. Now wouldn’t that be a perfect time to use Dufty and his speed.
Unfortunately Mary only has his Plan A.

ouryears

Bench
Watching Souths game and hopping Parramatta win, but I saw those tries the bunnies scored from a scrum. Now wouldn’t that be a perfect time to use Dufty and his speed.
What Souths are doing to Eels, we could only dream off.

Sack Mary!

It's exactly what a rookie coach should bring to the table - new ideas.
Love Siebold's approach - always trying things.
Our bloke is super conservative and devoid of imagination. "Rookie" in his 5th year.
JD would have been an exciting coaching option.

Latest posts