What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
March Premiers
April Premiers
May Premiers
June Premiers
Next stop July.
Oh, sack the coach, we can do better.
Maybe we can get Green or Arthur?

I think the ‘Chinless One’ has gained a wealth of experience in such a short time in Pommyland, that we should seriously consider re employing him again ............as the team mascot
..... providing he wears an outfit.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
For being the first poster on page 300 you win an autographed copy of McIdiots new book.....Coaching for Dummies.

That's nice that is ................ I've gone out of my to talk up as much crap as l can for hundreds of pages and for what?

Surely there is a 2nd prize, like, a signed Frisbee from 'he who shines from the top down!'

I feel ashamed and abused.
I feel like l've wasted years of hard work, all for nothing.
I feel abandoned.
I feel like ............ Josh McCrone!

LINESPEED

Juniors
That's nice that is ................ I've gone out of my to talk up as much crap as l can for hundreds of pages and for what?

Surely there is a 2nd prize, like, a signed Frisbee from 'he who shines from the top down!'

I feel abandoned.

Not wasted OKB. No shame at all. We're all suffering the abuse of our intelligence
We've gotten rid of Doust
...and got McCrone sacked at Rd 25 after he destroyed our season.
McMuddle's a work in progress.
We do this for all the great players and standards this club was known for...protecting the legacy if you like.

Barnacles are hard to shift...you have to chip away

But we do this for the languishing kids...and the future of the Club.

And it's been great seeing Bird & Cook go through under more astute coaching regimes.

Who's next to have to leave lads ... to get their crack elsewhere?

The whiskey here in McGregor country sure warms the cockles of the heart, as Dad used to say - but I'm missing watching the boys go round as we watch the wild deer outside our cabin.

I feel abandoned.
You can have Josh, I hear he's going for about $20 Canadian dollars per half hour in Toronto.

LINESPEED

Juniors

I feel abandoned.

So Manly have 3 2nd rowers, a hooker, halfback & centre unavailable ATM.

If we were in that situation I wonder who'd be running on for us - match hardened, confident & ready right now
...or for a top 4 showdown with the heavyweights if we get there?

Crush

Coach

If we were in that situation I wonder who'd be running on for us - match hardened, confident & ready right now
Why ask this question?
We don't have injured second rowers, hooker, halfback or centres at the moment.
I really don't understand why so many on here are taking this line.
"Yeah we are winning but we wouldn't be if we had more injuries"
Essentially thats what people are saying. It baffles me that so many are saying this.
Interesting behavior.

Gareth67

First Grade
There's no doubting that the maestro shall be here again next year , as that will be the case then let's wait and see if he can pull a wabbit ( dragon ) out of the hat in 2018 . We may all be pleasantly surprised . The wabbit I am referring to is not necessarily the premiership trophy ( as much as I would like it ) but as close as the team can get to it .

To play their best football of the entire season and if they can not go all the way , at least go down showing some fighting spirit that will make all Dragon supporters proud . I do not believe that is beyond them .

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

The Damo

Juniors
Why ask this question?
We don't have injured second rowers, hooker, halfback or centres at the moment.
I really don't understand why so many on here are taking this line.
"Yeah we are winning but we wouldn't be if we had more injuries"
Essentially thats what people are saying. It baffles me that so many are saying this.
Interesting behavior.
It’s funny as well how they are acknowledging that the reason those players are picked is only because the regular first graders are injured - but complain that ours aren’t playing even though the regular players aren’t injured.

The Damo

Juniors

Yes if only we had hardened first grader Moses Suli to bring into our team. And how awesome would it be if we had to buy a halfback who can’t run anymore. So jealous.

St Georgio

Juniors
McGregor,Dufty and McInnes... pretentious perfectionists, though... lack of gratitude for their lucky breaks in the NRL, but... I truly pray for our perfect misfit partnership of Hunt and Widdop!

Bring Back God Wayne Bennett!

Crush

Coach
McGregor,Dufty and McInnes... pretentious perfectionists, though... lack of gratitude for their lucky breaks in the NRL, but... I truly pray for our perfect misfit partnership of Hunt and Widdop!

Bring Back God Wayne Bennett!
Drinking heavily?

LINESPEED

Juniors
Drinking heavily?

Plenty of whiskey here in Inverness too so StG's comment can go thru to the keeper OK.

I'm all for contingency plans & forward thinking as per all good business models
- but Bennett's no panacea IMO. His success derived from the troops he had & bought - he's certainly not the talent maestro or innovator of Jack Gibson's ilk?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Some of your revelations are contentious to say the least.
"Aitkin on the fringe of Origin"?? So who do you suggest he is going to replace? Roberts? Mitchell? Jennings? He is no SOO player even though he is hyped up a lot in that direction. Had a shocker against Canterbury.
Dufty is doing fine and has added some variation to our attack but "improving week in week out"? I don't think so.
Paul Vaughan was never a reserve grader. For whatever reason he was playing resers at Canberra, hea has turned out to be one of our best acquisitions in recent times.
Sims was always a great player who has got his mojo back after a stint dealing with some serious injuries.
McInnes has been superb and has added a new dimension to his game at hooker. I think Dean Young may have had something to do with that.
He and JDB are the ones that continue to improve.
I know, I know - we are sitting on top of the table and McGregor has done a cracking job getting us there.
This is the 5th year of his tenure.
I sincerely hope he has the nous to bring home a premiership for the fans.
I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
What happens if we don't at least go deep into the finals?
Should we saddle up for a 6th and 7th year in the hope that things will change or McGregor will turn into a premiership winning coach?
All these questions and more will be answered come September.
DENNIS most of what you say I agree with .DUFTY if he's not improving well I'm going to specsavers ...GO THE BIG RED VVV.....

Gareth67

First Grade
My goodness this thread is still going after all of this time ? What's the poor bloke gone and done now ? He has everything going for him - his team is in outright 1st place , a big tough mobile forward pack , one of the most picturesque home grounds in the league and add to that he has good looks ! What more can one ask for ?

TruSaint

Referee
My goodness this thread is still going after all of this time ? What's the poor bloke gone and done now ? He has everything going for him - his team is in outright 1st place , a big tough mobile forward pack , one of the most picturesque home grounds in the league and add to that he has good looks ! What more can one ask for ?

Its the week off that is the root cause of this.

:) :)

Nah, in all seriousness, i think we should be enjoying the ride, without being unrealistic. Im over the moon at where we sit Gareth, but am also.. maybe unjustly, cautious of the weeks ahead.

Without the if's and buts, there would be little to talk about, other than SOO, which to me has no relevance ( other than injury to our players ).

Mary has done well thus far. We should secure a top 2 or top 4 spot, based on our run in... That's a pass mark for me. Anything less is not.