What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Precisely.

Finally able to get to a game & what a great win over a bogey team who played very poorly.

Reminded me of the Bronco semi where the boys ditched the old game plan & played what was in front of them .

Great defence & line speed when required & how good was it to see Zac score his first try.

His extended presence & correct selection will soon become irresistible for Waterboy.
Zac has those footy smarts that read the game so well, allowing him to be in the right place at the right time.

Stoked to see the future in the flesh! So calm & collected & quick off the mark

Euan did his best & finally decided to “make it personal” & mark his man - after years of not doing so.

The pressure on him must be intense, having to keep Zac at bay - & he looks nervous.

Let the team play & throw out the conservative rulebook Waterboy

Very proud of the lads

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Brown is on par with McGregor two of the worst coaches to have ever coached the dragons they are both worse then steve price because both mcidiot and brown had rosters to challenge for premiership and one never did and the current clown never wil ether on the other hand the third worst ever dragons coach steve no chin price only had a mediocre roster to work with

Unlike McGregor, Brown got the Dragons to a preliminary final (twice) only to be stuffed by two egregious refereeing performances (Mander and Clark).

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It is not just the Illawarra mafia. The St George old boys have blood on their hands as well. It will take some time but eventually WIN Corp will wake up however, unfortunately it will take the loss of some considerable coin before we will see intervention from them.

A future merge between SGI and Cronulla could serve to change the dynamic with a 20m buy out of a third of the shares and maybe a change in the rules of selecting members to the SGIC Board.

Do you really believe WIN Corp will simply “wake up” with its Illawarra connection?

Good one.

A merger between SGI and Cronulla? Do you not realise that such a unthinkable motion would see the words St.George Dragons disappear forever!

Wash your mouth out with soap please.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
One swallow doesn't make a summer. He, along with the players deserve to enjoy an emphatic, pride inducing win. Other than that, he's lucky to still have a job.

Agreed.

Hope we get a win over Manly which should really make the Anzac Day match a beauty!
I'm surprised the management haven't trotted out the new contract extension today but if we keep winning, its only a matter of time.

Funny how they haven't learnt from previous seasons and wait till the end of the year.
That's where the smart money would be ............
No, l expect it to be done on or before Anzac Day.
They might do a 'Pricey' and announce it at half time!
Only the Dragons management could be so lame.

Anyway, let's stay positive and keep winning.

BLM01

First Grade
Agreed.

Hope we get a win over Manly which should really make the Anzac Day match a beauty!
I'm surprised the management haven't trotted out the new contract extension today but if we keep winning, its only a matter of time.

Funny how they haven't learnt from previous seasons and wait till the end of the year.
That's where the smart money would be ............
No, l expect it to be done on or before Anzac Day.
They might do a 'Pricey' and announce it at half time!
Only the Dragons management could be so lame.

Anyway, let's stay positive and keep winning.
OKB..you cant wait too long to make a decision re coach. We have a few players to sign within and in attracting more players they would like to know who they are playing under

getsmarty

Immortal
What?...86 sounds official or set in stone. Have you been infiltrating KAOS with top secret info or is the Dragons Cone of Silence not working properly.
Please tell me this is a gee up!

No Gee up...can't say anymore...

P.S It will be announced in time.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Now I feel like Larraby, you are withholding important information from me with no trust.
The old drip fed release and tease info trick. That is 2 times this month I have fallen for that

Would you believe .................. The club make me feel like Agent 44.
Always kept in the dark and fed BS !

86, you've got to get me out of here and find me a better place!

vf3.jpg

LINESPEED

Juniors
Would you believe .................. The club make me feel like Agent 44.
Always kept in the dark and fed BS !

86, you've got to get me out of here and find me a better place!

vf3.jpg

And Kaos have merged with IM

& 99’s saying that in honour of supercoach we’re to be called the Steel Dragons from next year with Brian, Bruce & Paul foundation members

Jubilee abandoned, Taj bulldozed & HQ in the Gong

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Finally able to get to a game & what a great win over a bogey team who played very poorly.

Reminded me of the Bronco semi where the boys ditched the old game plan & played what was in front of them .

Great defence & line speed when required & how good was it to see Zac score his first try.

His extended presence & correct selection will soon become irresistible for Waterboy.
Zac has those footy smarts that read the game so well, allowing him to be in the right place at the right time.

Stoked to see the future in the flesh! So calm & collected & quick off the mark

Euan did his best & finally decided to “make it personal” & mark his man - after years of not doing so.

The pressure on him must be intense, having to keep Zac at bay - & he looks nervous.

Let the team play & throw out the conservative rulebook Waterboy

Very proud of the lads
I thought this performance was as good as but still different to the Broncos semi - against Brisbane they did just go out and play what was in front of them whereas yesterday was more of a pre-planned effort, with specific strategies put in place to counter their dangerous kickers and their in form wingers, it was the first time ever under McGregorI have seen any evidence of brains being used by us to combat a specific opposition and wow it worked a treat! Credit to Mary if he was the brains behind it but lets wait and see if it can be repeated.

Como Connection

First Grade
I thought this performance was as good as but still different to the Broncos semi - against Brisbane they did just go out and play what was in front of them whereas yesterday was more of a pre-planned effort, with specific strategies put in place to counter their dangerous kickers and their in form wingers, it was the first time ever under McGregorI have seen any evidence of brains being used by us to combat a specific opposition and wow it worked a treat! Credit to Mary if he was the brains behind it but lets wait and see if it can be repeated.
I reckon Normy has changed the team's structure, so Mary is listening to his advice.
CC

getsmarty

Immortal
Now I feel like Larraby, you are withholding important information from me with no trust.
The old drip fed release and tease info trick. That is 2 times this month I have fallen for that

Dragons re-sign coach McGregor for two more seasons
Adrian ProszenkoApril 16, 2019 — 8.22pm
  • Send via Email

St George Illawarra have re-signed Paul McGregor on a two-year deal in a move that will make him the most capped coach in the joint-venture outfit’s history.

6e72286c7461acceccc26c14ff72eb1d4541747f

Staying put: Dragons coach Paul McGregor.Credit:AAP

The parties completed talks this week and the deal, which will keep McGregor at the club until the end of 2021, will be officially trumpeted on Wednesday. It is a timely boost ahead of Saturday’s clash with Manly and the good news story Red V fans have been craving as suspended star Jack de Belin faces off against the Australian Rugby League Commission in a Federal Court case this week.

The Dragons got off to a shaky start this season, dropping their opening two games. That prompted conjecture from outsiders over McGregor’s future, although management was always confident the team would fulfil its potential under the man dubbed ‘Mary’. The club is now on a three-game winning streak that has catapulted the Dragons into the top eight.

Nathan Brown holds the record for coaching the most games in charge of St George Illawarra with 151. However, McGregor, currently on 119, will set a new mark during the course of his new contract.

The new deal extends McGregor’s already lengthy connection with the club. The former NSW and Australian centre began his first-grade career with the Illawarra Steelers way back in 1991, finishing off his playing days with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

NRL off-field behaviour
'I'll pick de Belin if he wins': Dragons coach McGregor awaits court decision
The development leaves Parramatta's Brad Arthur as the only coach with a cloud over his future. Arthur is off contract until the end of the year and the Eels have indicated they will wait until mid-season before deciding whether to offer him a new deal.

The Dragons have won 51 per cent of games under McGregor since he took the role in 2014. One of his early-season headaches, the best configuration of his spine, has resolved itself after captain Gareth Widdop suffered another serious shoulder injury.

With Widdop unavailable, Matt Dufty has shifted to fullback, leaving Corey Norman and Ben Hunt to link up in the halves without speculation over a pairing that is fed the football by hooker Cameron McInnes. Widdop is hopeful of returning to field at the back end of the season, giving him another chance in the red and white before he shifts to the English Super League in 2020.

McGregor has indicated he would have no hesitation in picking de Belin immediately if he wins his Federal Court case. De Belin has spent most of the opening two days of the hearing in courtroom 18C, although he chose not to be present when NRL CEO Todd Greenberg entered the witness box on Tuesday.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/dr...gor-for-two-more-seasons-20190416-p51ets.html

Last edited:

nontime111

Juniors
FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAM, again they KICK us in the teeth! and shoot themselves in the head idiots, BETTER Win not just ONE GF you bald idiot but at least 2 strait, I mean EARN IT!! show us how you deserve to be our LONGEST serving coach hmm?? thats some HUGE honour , baldy you BETTER aim up!!