What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

merahputih

Juniors
Yes it does , and continue to do so . Its our only chance of a new coach taking over .....
I'm sorry to say this, but it's never going to happen. This club is run as a sheltered workshop (and I apologize to the wonderful people who run real sheltered workshops and do a great job) for ex players who are appointed to jobs on the basis of past glories and not a hard nosed assessment process. The management uses weasel words like 'Stability' and 'certainty' which really equate to 'comfort' and 'complacency' . They will back McGregor through hell and high water and turn a blind eye to performances like yesterday, hoping that like buying Lotto tickets every day for 50 years the odds of winning a prize get better as time goes by.

possm

Coach
Bring in Gould to get rid of Mary and find a suitable coach. If we would have done this last year, the payout would have been much less and we maybe would have landed Bennett.

Life's Good

Coach
Bloody hell! Just looked through the records. Price never had a match in where 40+ points were conceded. The highest Price got was 38. This idiot has copped 40+ numerous times. The most being 52.

Lets not forget that Price inherited a squad with players coming to the end of their careers - Young, Hornby, Weyman too name a few and whilst he was able to secure Dugan, Widdop & Marshall it was clear that was the low throw of the dice for him and he was duly punted.
This imposter has publicly stated he has the squad he wants and yet our performance is going backwards.
Our board are a pack of clueless fools.

Last edited:

Carlton

Juniors
I you want to spoil your day read this from the Bulldogs Bite:

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ul-mcgregor-contract/9rq2hf3otue1jtf1i2vkhtg7

Dragons fans, you're a fickle mob.

The social media backlash against head coach Paul McGregor in the past month has genuinely stunned me.

The social media backlash against head coach Paul McGregor in the past month has genuinely stunned me.

There's a lot of hatred out there.

McGregor only signed a new two-year deal with the club on April 16. Yes, a month ago.

He is there until after 2021, and so he should. Mary is a good coach.

Yet fans are already calling for his sacking. It's utterly ridiculous.

Everyone has a right to vent and express themselves. I am doing exactly that right now on this website.

Maybe though angry fans should momentarily hesitate and think on the pack-mentality backlash just before hitting send on the post. Will it really help the club? The club and coach doesn't need it.

No-one said a word when Saints strung together four straight wins this season between rounds three and six.

No-one said a word when McGregor masterminded a famous 48-18 win over Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium in round one of the finals last year.No-one said anything when McGregor and recruitment guru Ian Millward lured Gareth Widdop, Ben Hunt, Paul Vaughan, James Graham and Corey Norman to the club.

Can we also remember the impact Jack de Belin's court charges have had on the playing group.

Even after Sunday's loss to Newcastle, McGregor said: "Some say it may have because Jack is a very well-liked person and an important part of our football team."Saints have won four from ten this year - it's not good enough. But it's not the end of the world either.

They have Cronulla this Sunday at WIN and then a bye before the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Cowboys.

There are ten points there up for grabs.

How about Dragons fans take a deep breath and give McGregor some peace and space to coach.The Dragons have a roster capable of giving this premiership one hell of a shake. He doesn't need all the innuendo, vitriol and back-stabbing going on behind his back.

Just let him coach. You might be surprised what you get.

This is one of the worst fluff pieces I've seen, totally misrepresents the posters who have consistently called for Mary to be replaced. Makes out that they are fair weather fans who are happy with him when the Dragons win and are only unhappy with him when we lose.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...ul-mcgregor-contract/9rq2hf3otue1jtf1i2vkhtg7

McGregor only signed a new two-year deal with the club on April 16. Yes, a month ago.

Everyone has a right to vent and express themselves. I am doing exactly that right now on this website.

Maybe though angry fans should momentarily hesitate and think on the pack-mentality backlash just before hitting send on the post. Will it really help the club? The club and coach doesn't need it.

No-one said a word when Saints strung together four straight wins this season between rounds three and six.

No-one said a word when McGregor masterminded a famous 48-18 win over Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium in round one of the finals last year.No-one said anything when McGregor and recruitment guru Ian Millward lured Gareth Widdop, Ben Hunt, Paul Vaughan, James Graham and Corey Norman to the club.

Can we also remember the impact Jack de Belin's court charges have had on the playing group.

Even after Sunday's loss to Newcastle, McGregor said: "Some say it may have because Jack is a very well-liked person and an important part of our football team."Saints have won four from ten this year - it's not good enough. But it's not the end of the world either.

They have Cronulla this Sunday at WIN and then a bye before the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Cowboys.

How about Dragons fans take a deep breath and give McGregor some peace and space to coach.The Dragons have a roster capable of giving this premiership one hell of a shake. He doesn't need all the innuendo, vitriol and back-stabbing going on behind his back.

This is one of the worst fluff pieces I've seen, totally misrepresents the posters who have consistently called for Mary to be replaced. Makes out that they are fair weather fans who are happy with him when the Dragons win and are only unhappy with him when we lose.
The joker who wrote this is a plant.
Ridiculous, one eyed drivel with no supporting arguments and zero credibility.
The St. George fan base are not dummies.
Their observations have been vehement, passionate, and persistent.
Can hardly be blamed on a pack mentality.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lol no one said a word when they won 4.

hahaha, bloke must only read after a loss.

It has been loud, vocal and persistent since the pre season and few, if any were happy about the re appointment.

If you going to social media as a gauge, get it right!!!!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Yes but what Penrith do and what our dinosaurs do is completely different.
Can you imagine a contract extension 5 weeks into a season after 5 years of very average performances with no other club interested in the coach?
It was done because they are mates.
Just think about that. MARY WAS EXTENDED BECAUSE HE'S A MATE of the board.
Are those mates going to now sack him? Not a chance in hell!
They'll write this year off because of Widdop and JDB and look forward to next year.
its the only rational explanation when you put it like that, he's a mate and they are giving favours to mates at the detriment of our bloody team! - and yes 2019 will be written off and excused by the JDB thing, how one player's situation can destroy a whole team for a season is beyond me.and it wouldnt happen at Storm or Roosters who would weaponise the 'us against them' angle or simply just deal with it.

merahputih

Juniors

It lost me when I read ' masterminded a famous 48-18 win over Brisbane...' and I remembered Mary looking like a stunned mullet in the coaches box as the game progressed.

hazzbeen

Bench
It lost me when I read ' masterminded a famous 48-18 win over Brisbane...' and I remembered Mary looking like a stunned mullet in the coaches box as the game progressed.
Same look in the last year Semi Bronx , stunned as you say no idea what had happened .... Realistically we won't win a premiership with Mary , so why are they wasting 7 years of nothing ?

possm

Coach
its the only rational explanation when you put it like that, he's a mate and they are giving favours to mates at the detriment of our bloody team! - and yes 2019 will be written off and excused by the JDB thing, how one player's situation can destroy a whole team for a season is beyond me.and it wouldnt happen at Storm or Roosters who would weaponise the 'us against them' angle or simply just deal with it.
One of the main excuses for extending Mary was that he could manage the players through the JDB issues better than anyone else. What a joke, Mary's a tool.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Lets not forget that Price inherited a squad with players coming to the end of their careers - Young, Hornby, Weyman too name a few and whilst he was able to secure Dugan, Widdop & Marshall it was clear that was the low throw of the dice for him and he was duly punted.
This imposter has publicly stated he has the squad he wants and yet our performance is going backwards.
Our board are a pack of clueless fools.

In fairness to Mcidiot, he had his squad, last year.
This squad is now a year out of date and is stale.
McGregor has every right to start complaining about an out-of-date squad.
I'm sure l have the support of the 1 or 2 percent of fans that still value his wealth of knowledge.
To think he has another two years to freshen up our playing group ................ Lord help us.

Slippery Morris

First Grade

Please don't defend Price. Price made Mary look so good hence why Mary has lasted this long. They were a rabble when Price was there. They could not score points, were soft in defense and were absolutely terrible to watch. Worst years following the Saints when he was there.

Latest posts