What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
To be fair Paul did have a distinguished career as a player, reaching the highest levels. Coaching at NRL level ? On the bright side, could this be a surprise farewell lunch?

There no argument from me on that score meraputih , as I can remember him as a fine player for the Steelers and Dragons and of course a S.O.O . rep also . I was just taken aback by the timing of this ‘ tribute ‘ considering where we are placed at this point in time for season 2019 .

merahputih

Juniors
There no argument from me on that score meraputih , as I can remember him as a fine player for the Steelers and Dragons and of course a S.O.O . rep also . I was just taken aback by the timing of this ‘ tribute ‘ considering where we are placed at this point in time for season 2019 .
The timing is a bit weird for sure. Maybe the criticism (at least from this forum) is getting to him and the board wants to cheer him up.

Gareth67

First Grade
The timing is a bit weird for sure. Maybe the criticism (at least from this forum) is getting to him and the board wants to cheer him up.

By all accounts he is a lovely chap , but unfortunately as all 1st grade coaches he is open to some very harsh criticism. Not the job for me , only someone with very thick skin will survive such constant torment . Enjoy your night Mary , but just remember that this is the time of year that we use to celebrate ‘ Empire Day ‘ , so be careful that they don’t light a big bonfire under you .

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
To be fair Paul did have a distinguished career as a player, reaching the highest levels. Coaching at NRL level ? On the bright side, could this be a surprise farewell lunch?
He's not going anywhere......the fans will be gone before him .The fools think because the players put in a good performance once in a while mcgregor will turn out a great coach :joy:

I am wondering whether any other clubs create tribute functions mid season?
The only reason in this case is to create more spin and to mask the whole coaching schamozzle at our club.
Determined to show everyone that will listen that McGregor was a brilliant, visionary appointment as head coach.
They will interpret his tenure as a wonderful man manager who has battled adversity to guide the club through difficult times.
MC will be a journo so that whatever spin they conjure up will be amplified through the media.
Be prepared to be nauseous.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Shows how delusional the gigs are

Gareth67

First Grade
I am wondering whether any other clubs create tribute functions mid season?
The only reason in this case is to create more spin and to mask the whole coaching schamozzle at our club.
Determined to show everyone that will listen that McGregor was a brilliant, visionary appointment as head coach.
They will interpret his tenure as a wonderful man manager who has battled adversity to guide the club through difficult times.
MC will be a journo so that whatever spin they conjure up will be amplified through the media.
Be prepared to be nauseous.

No need as I will not be attending the function , nor for that matter any in the foreseeable future .

possm

Coach
Given the lame excuse for extending Mary by Johnston, I have no doubt that this was done to fullfill a backroom agreement. Mary will be sent on his way with a golden handshake.