What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

You know the Tigers actually beat top 8 teams unlike Saints and were in the top 8 fight up until the last round. They at least played decent footy. I thought injuries is what killed them not bad coaching.

We lost some pretty important games, persisted way too long with marsters, when we played a good side with some go, we got hammered. Injuries hurt, coaching ok and the fickle were happy with the forwards. But the backs really struggled and robbie could barely tackle at the end of games. $1m + in Reggie’s.

Alas we are still some distance from embedding ourselves into the 8.

Madge would be a great sgi coach, you’d have to be in quiet chats with him I think.

Plus we need the winning expectation, we don’t have that in the fan base. Winning a game is still a compliment not an expectation.

We were all a bit surprised at the belting we gave you at the end of last year. Where did that come from? Moment lol.

What round in 2020 will McIdiot do thisView attachment 35803Ok

Round 1, extra time, Luke has just tripped Chee Kam in front of the goal posts.

Round 3, 37th minute, Mary hears from the bench that Todd has cleared flanno for full coaching duties and flanno wants Mc2018’s seat in the box by half time
“ ..and tell McRookie to get me a frigging Gatorade”

Round 19, he’s just heard that Widdop is writing an autobiography and chapter 14 “ The Mary Years” is only one page of the 454 in the book.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Round 1, extra time, Luke has just tripped Chee Kam in front of the goal posts.

Round 3, 37th minute, Mary hears from the bench that Todd has cleared flanno for full coaching duties and flanno wants Mc2018’s seat in the box by half time
“ ..and tell McRookie to get me a frigging Gatorade”

Round 19, he’s just heard that Widdop is writing an autobiography and chapter 14 “ The Mary Years” is only one page of the 454 in the book.
One page to write.....no comment

I’ve found a kind of a way out.

Under the new trade deals going on, there’s a possibility that the concept could be extended to coaches.

The only club desperate enough to trade their coach for McPen abuser might be the titans.

But even so, you’d have to throw in a marquee into the deal, probably Vaughn and some cash to balance out the misery.

And a clause hidden in the fine print giving you right of refusal to take McFester back.

I think Mary and the Titans would be a good mix, because he wouldn’t actually be expected to win anything, thus relieving him of any and all pressure. He could continue on with a “ rebuilding” and “ work in progress” mantra for the next decade virtually untouched. 85 minutes from coming 15th has a nice ring to it. Bj could join him and win could buy a qld tv licence and keep the reruns of f troop, Felix the cat and the Brady bunch going.

All we have to here is relocate this thread to the Titans lu forum. Pass the torch. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the boys here, tiring of winning and success under Holbrook, to visit the new thread and lend a hand to the ailing fans.

No doubt every other nrl club was after Mary before his contract was extended. The club had to move quickly. Pfft!

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I’ve found a kind of a way out.

Under the new trade deals going on, there’s a possibility that the concept could be extended to coaches.

The only club desperate enough to trade their coach for McPen abuser might be the titans.

But even so, you’d have to throw in a marquee into the deal, probably Vaughn and some cash to balance out the misery.

And a clause hidden in the fine print giving you right of refusal to take McFester back.

I think Mary and the Titans would be a good mix, because he wouldn’t actually be expected to win anything, thus relieving him of any and all pressure. He could continue on with a “ rebuilding” and “ work in progress” mantra for the next decade virtually untouched. 85 minutes from coming 15th has a nice ring to it. Bj could join him and win could buy a qld tv licence and keep the reruns of f troop, Felix the cat and the Brady bunch going.

All we have to here is relocate this thread to the Titans lu forum. Pass the torch.
But the big difference is...we dont expect him to do or achieve anything here either at our club so no pressure on that front. Only pressure he has is the supporters wanting him gone. No one else cares or worries.

But the big difference is...we dont expect him to do or achieve anything here either at our club so no pressure on that front. Only pressure he has is the supporters wanting him gone. No one else cares or worries.

That is a fair point. I had it back to front and was thinking about things from Marys perspective, but I concede that’s a dark and deranged place to be coming from.

Some bright spark from the Illawarra faction of the jv, in a drunken stupor, thought he saw Mary and Politis together trying to rescue cans and plastic bottles from bins outside the hotel Illawarra early one morning and low and behold the board had a new contract drawn up for Mary the next day.

They told Bruce that the document in front of him was to buy up blockbuster video stores and he signed straight away.

I think it’s time for a de-venture. Sell both clubs back to the members and let nature takes its course.

If the good people of the Illawarra can’t field a footy side because they don’t understand economics and can’t generate interest, that’s their lot in life.

They have a massive population, a fair junior output, win and others who can sponsor them. They just need good people to get in there to manage and sort their shiz out. That may mean only one water bottle guy, instead of the three they’d like to employ. Perhaps someone could remind them, computers were invented years ago and they can use emails instead of telegrams.

The worry for people is that a new Mary will be installed because the same turnips are making the important decisions. Drain the swamp is the expression I think.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors

Space McOddity
or
Ode to a Pen

Ground Control Mc Major Tom
We’ve cleared the Hill of all Fail Marys
Noone’s out there any more
...but you know you’ll never really make it
As the back five cannot score
With Ewey leaking tries on major plays
Meant to be your shining protege
Wrongly chosen over our Jack Bird
And throwing pens is just plain dumb
Please take a walk and just succumb

LINESPEED

Juniors
OK, what signs are we looking for that would indicate wholeheartedly that his time is up ? If Frizzell resigns ?

Yep & also perhaps the fact that Zac, Flanno & Sheph are on board.

Of course the counter argument could be that only journeymen & hacks have sought us out - so...

Does anyone have an octopus?

Mc Goner’s clacker must be the most watched one in the NRL.

What’re Ladbrokes offering?

Tick tick tick Waterboy

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
OK, what signs are we looking for that would indicate wholeheartedly that his time is up ? If Frizzell resigns ?

McGregor running the water?
McGregor looking comfortable being uncomfortable.

Flanno does the post game interview?
Players responding to a real coach?

The team wins a game?
The club winning the Charity Shield?

The club appointing an outsider as CEO, who plans to sack McGregor as first directive?
The club outsourcing the painting contract for the locker room?

Latest posts