What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Couldn’t agree more.

Greenberg & the wider NRL fan base have the Dragons right where they’d like them -

the perfect blend of the schadenfreude phenomenon and the Aussie tall poppy syndrome.

And with the 7 year Waterboy fiasco we’re the perennial choking laughingstock of the league.
We have them in stitches.

But it’s the mock sympathy extended to us, along with the bellyup Board that kills me.

Perfect revenge for those 11 magical years

Fans the league over are used to seeing the sight of an unhappy and excuse making Mary after most games.

The only area of vague interest is the strength of the irrationality he deploys and thinks people will buy into. It’s an insight into his disordered thoughts. No one else on the planet thinks these excuses hold any weight. We could accept the odd mis-speak, or tidal wave of emotion, but these confounding utterances roll onto the shore for years. It’s not embarrassing anymore, it’s humiliating.

What seems to capture more interest and what I think is harder to swallow, is his jumping up and down and excitement after a win, and the demonstrably false promise that things have turned around.

“A long way to go, but the win shows we are improving and everything is going to be ok from now on.”

And the pathetic “ we can still make the 8” at the backend of the season round 20 or something. Yeah right. Mentally, your players are often beaten before they run out. Why are good players on paper at least playing so miserably?

Everybody has written you off under Mary.

You’ve become a “ for and against” outfit now.

To win by less than 3 tries against sgi these days is seen as a failure except by the Titans.

It used to be ok, but it gets a bit boring for us too.

Even a complete rabble like us Tigers can scrounge something out of a season. Some small and miserable dinky reward, even staying at 9th is an improvement, but you guys are falling so fast it’s frightening.

Such is the damage ( on going) It may take you 2 or 3 years after Mary to find your mojo.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Couldn’t agree more.

Greenberg & the wider NRL fan base have the Dragons right where they’d like them -

the perfect blend of the schadenfreude phenomenon and the Aussie tall poppy syndrome.

And with the 7 year Waterboy fiasco we’re the perennial choking laughingstock of the league.
We have them in stitches.

But it’s the mock sympathy extended to us, along with the bellyup Board that kills me.

Perfect revenge for those 11 magical years

PS

The following drivel from the Turnstile himself is symptomatic of the failed decision making culture of our Club:

“I felt like I had a lot more to offer, I just probably wasn't getting as many opportunities as I was used to in previous years- and that's a hard thing totake," Aitken said.

This imposter, along with his benefactor mate & co-conspirator in denying juniors opportunity, should have been sacked many times over.

“...wasn’t getting as many opportunities”
WTF!

Delusional or what?

For me (as you’ve no doubt all gathered) Turnstile is the symbol of our malaise
Very very true

LINESPEED

Juniors
Let’s lose the puppet!
Sack McGregor now!
View attachment 35758

You’re a natural cartoonist OKB1.

A picture paints a thousand words
- & yours is without doubt the most damning & biting statement about the imbecile’s predicament imo.

We need some imagined dialogue here though
- as The Waterboy’s obviously muttering something under his breath to Flanno?

How about ....

Waterboy:
“Watch ya step Flanno. Any hint of that new fuc*in game plan and I’m on the blower to Toddy & you’re toast”

Flanno:
“Im goin’ for the Christmas hold but there’s nothin’ there Squeak”

Waterboy:
“Fu*k I like being legless”

PS
For authenticity we’d have to keep to one syllable words - & yeah I know, mostly one word or one letter babble

....I’m sure there are better wits than me on the Forum

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
You’re a natural cartoonist OKB1.

A picture paints a thousand words
- & yours is without doubt the most damning & biting statement about the imbecile’s predicament imo.

We need some imagined dialogue here though
- as The Waterboy’s obviously muttering something under his breath to Flanno?

How about ....

Waterboy:
“Watch ya step Flanno. Any hint of that new fuc*in game plan and I’m on the blower to Toddy & you’re toast”

Flanno:
“Im goin’ for the Christmas hold but there’s nothin’ there Squeak”

Waterboy:
“Fu*k I like being legless”

PS
For authenticity we’d have to keep to one syllable words - & yeah I know, mostly one word or one letter babble

....I’m sure there are better wits than me on the Forum

Dearly Beloved,
Over the ensuring weekend, l will endeavour to appease with some possible ‘caption’ phrases.
Let’s face it..... it can’t be too hard to throw some more at the smooth one.

The lad at work reports there has been a lot of mucking about with your side over the preseason. Family favourites thrown off a cliff.

So it’s either a miracle or panic stations!

But at the end of the short convo he brought me back down with the comment:

“But don’t forget, he had the side he wanted last year.”

And we both laughed and he wandered off.

So maybe there is something good in the works about 2020.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The lad at work reports there has been a lot of mucking about with your side over the preseason. Family favourites thrown off a cliff.

The canary in the coal mine will be if Aitken & Lafai take the field Rd1

Our season hangs on their absence imo

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Yes TSP....... his sacking!

After training one day, flanno got home, had a shower and saw a bold new side to his club puppet ( who had taken his skull cap off) and put on an old training uniform. He was taken aback and thought he was dreaming when he heard the puppet remark to him:

0A6B8B65-2422-4E50-B945-C30718A6D2DF.jpeg

“ You can talk to the press, but I make all of the f**king excuses around here ok?

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
r0_0_4395_2930_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Caption time.........................what did McGregor just say..... I await your humorous responses.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Caption time.........................what did McGregor just say..... I await your humorous responses.

Cam: so, i drop the ball like this, and call out strip, correct?
Mc85: yes, i done research and teams that yell out strip gets a penalty. Its me new geniuos game plan!
Cam: really!!!
Mc85: yes its all on this paper i have behind my back and Gus confirm it, because he just said, ok!

It’s hard to find the humour watching the horrific abomination of McJunket partake in the destruction of a good players career by talking with him.

All of your problems start with these “ gateway” discussions . It turns into instructions, the inevitable screw ups and the resultant failure.

Its like buying a needle and giving it to a junkie.

Cam looks hooked here with his gesticulations.

The club can keep Mary on to do the press etc but keep him away from the actual players. Say a 50 metre physical boundary at least.

You could use the “crack squad” Fail Mary banner guards to police the distance and arrest Mary if gets too close instead of some poor fan trying to tell the world the truth.

Last edited: