What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BennyV

Referee
Money is not the issue - the culture is jobs for the boys and arrogance.

The true story about Cleary will surface soon and it is going to make supporters even angrier as to how Management incompetently let the opportunity slip past - was all &/@/ because of McGreedy
If there is some deeper story about how we f**ked up/around with CLeary, I don't believe it will surface. It will get hidden and swept under the rug.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I respect professionals that don't wish to talk and it really speaks volumes to their character (not talking our Board here). So I refuse to make any statement but let's hope the story leaks.

But you guys are smart. Look for the answer in the facts:

1. I doubt everyone external thinks the new 'have someone senior" over McGreedy is the answer.

2. Ask the club for key clauses in McGreedy's contract.

3. I doubt everyone agrees with the clubs administration of, and bureaucracy around, both decision making and especially appointments of assistants.

Again it all comes down to your view on an incompetent Board and arrogance - why sign an unproven coach in the first place and then not only have a difficult exit path but then decide to make it more complicated with a 4 person executive coaching director. That structure will work like the scrum video we see above.

Just nuts.

since77

Juniors
I respect professionals that don't wish to talk and it really speaks volumes to their character (not talking our Board here). So I refuse to make any statement but let's hope the story leaks.

But you guys are smart. Look for the answer in the facts:

1. I doubt everyone external thinks the new 'have someone senior" over McGreedy is the answer.

2. Ask the club for key clauses in McGreedy's contract.

3. I doubt everyone agrees with the clubs administration of, and bureaucracy around, both decision making and especially appointments of assistants.

Again it all comes down to your view on an incompetent Board and arrogance - why sign an unproven coach in the first place and then not only have a difficult exit path but then decide to make it more complicated with a 4 person executive coaching director. That structure will work like the scrum video we see above.

Just nuts.

If they've signed a rookie coach and allowed the terms of his contract to be outrageously slanted in his favour, then they're so far beyond incompetent I doubt there's a word in the English language that describes it.

St Georgio

Juniors
It seems we are stuck as supporters with McGregor as coach, the board have pissed on us, we mean
nothing in there eyes, if change was going to happened it would have been done by now, Peter Doust and his cronies will go down as the worst CEO and board in our teams history. As a merged team our Premierships tally is Pathetic..not acceptable!

Dragons 09

Juniors
Is there any room left under the rug with everything else that's been swept under it?

Not a lot, gonna need a bigger rugo_O

6780576182_75f486f53d_b.jpg

Last edited:

Exsilium

Coach
I'd be curious to know if the powers that be at the JV have discussed the possibility that Mary's position is untenable following the members reaction and overall negative response to his retention for 2017.

If history is anything to go by I'd say they won't do anything because they think they know better than the fans but at what point do you weigh it all up and just fold to the mob?

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
I'd be curious to know if the powers that be at the JV have discussed the possibility that Mary's position is untenable following the members reaction and overall negative response to his retention for 2017.

If history is anything to go by I'd say they won't do anything because they think they know better than the fans but at what point do you weigh it all up and just fold to the mob?
They knew and expected our reaction. Look at the dumb title to the press release. Hang on supporters the Board accept the criticism and then will do nothing about it other than put the most ridiculous convoluted 4 man executive coaching directors structure in place just to further treat us like fools.

The Board forget many supporters are very senior executives with more experience than them so they should not treat us supporters like fools.

The final wrinkle in the equation is ownership structure - there is a big link with this issue.

BrissyRedV

Bench
They knew and expected our reaction. Look at the dumb title to the press release. Hang on supporters the Board accept the criticism and then will do nothing about it other than put the most ridiculous convoluted 4 man executive coaching directors structure in place just to further treat us like fools.
Lets not forget the timing of the press release. Dropping it a few days before the GF guaranteeing it wouldn't be fully picked up by mainstream media and the fans backlash would be mostly drowned out by pre and post GF traffic.

Bench
There is an interesting article on one of the league web sites regarding the CEO of Cronulla, Lyall Gorman.

Just after his appointment he apparently held a series of pre-season fan forums and apparently every question asked of him was answered. The fans at the forums were quite hostile but were pleased with his answers.

Would Doust have the guts to do this, or maybe Mary

Last edited:

dragondad

First Grade
There is an interesting article on one of the league web sites regarding the CEO of Cronulla, Lyall Gorman.

Just after his appointment he apparently held a series of pre-season fan forums and apparently every question asked of him was answered. The fans at the forums were quite hostile but were pleased with his answers.

Would Doust have the guts to do this, or maybe Mary
We used to have Red V Forums. Questions were answered but alas no more.

Latest posts