1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

The St George Tragedy 2015-2020 6 years in Limbo. You know if Australia we went into lock down (self isolation like Italy) over this Evil Virus many small businesses and employees will be brought down to there knees within weeks, many restaurants businesses are already gone, many individuals will lose everything, they will never recover and live week by week for there rest of there lives.
    This Muppet of a coach has accumulated enough wealth to wank along for the rest of his life, f**k off now you imbecile!

2. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

From the fans.
    Do these journos ever research ?
    It’s a results driven game & L plate falls so far short it isn’t funny.

3. RedVDragon

RedVDragon Juniors

McIdiot-14. Now for the vaccination. No more testing just terminate Mr new CEO.

St Georgio and Warabrook saint like this.
  4. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

5. Stan Gorton 2511

Stan Gorton 2511 Bench

But but but....we fans expect too much!

6. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

Im tired of reading “ Mary under pressure” articles because it’s just rehashed nonsense and nothing happens.

Everyone here said the Review and the internal changes, tens of thousands spent on management consultants and new age hippies was a waste of time and in the broad, there’s nothing arising on the field to suggest these concerns were misplaced.

Some here were interested in the DNA finding and rightly so, but the problem is much more entrenched.

So at the end of the day, the club has a bunch of disgruntled fans posting on lu, that appear to have a much better grip on the problems with the coaching assignment than the club itself.

So when they present themselves as leaders and experts, you are entitled to scoff and laugh at them. They have no idea. They are having a f**king lend for sure.

The new ceo will be another hand selected Maryphile. Make no mistake his job is to keep Mez coaching.

But ffs hang in there and fight the good fight. Not one step back, no surrender until McFrizslippingovercostustthegame is on his way to the Albion Park Rail Viruses u10.

Plenty of excellent coaches on the market.

Take your inspiration from the players and fans of old to whom the clubs meant almost everything.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  7. S.T.G

S.T.G Juniors

They will probably give the job to another reject Like Barrett.

Like all supporters I'm sick to death of the way the club has been run.
    From the useless coach and the useless management.
    If nothing is going to change ,
    My 1 wish is that they would retire the St George name
    Out of respect for the Great Players that made the name and club famous.
    This team should be called the
    Illawarra Steelers ,
    because for the last seven years that's what we have become.
    That way I won't have to watch the Shit this club continually puts out.
    We have become a club of LOSERS!

8. Objective View

Objective View Bench

I'd go for Cameron Smith. Yes, he has no coaching experience but the guy knows everything about football. Everything.

He can finally pull the pin on his illustrious playing career (best player of my lifetime) and start coaching NRL straight up.

Worth the risk.

Straight Shooter

9. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

Likely, but anything is better than Mary.

Any person with a pulse.

Humprey B Bear would do a better press conference.

sa1nt5 and blacksafake like this.
  10. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

Very true Silver ,a good reserve grade coach would do a much better job than mary pile

Dennis Papaioannou likes this.
  11. Warabrook saint

Warabrook saint Juniors

He's way too smart to come here and end up down the s bend. He'll stay in mehico and take over the cheaters

Gareth67 likes this.
  12. Crush

Crush First Grade

The more I think about it the more I realise that 2020 we are doomed and Mary will be our coach even if we don't win a single game.
    They can't afford to pay him out. They'll use Coronavirus as an excuse.
    This year Mary will be at the helm all the way till the bitter end.

13. S.T.G

S.T.G Juniors

They don’t have to sack him
    Just tell him to shut up and take his pay and let Flanagan run the team .
    It’s that easy.

you have a coach that won a G:F
    And you have a mcgenius that our club continues to support

14. gUt

gUt Coach

It takes a lot to make me feel sorry for you merkins but that capitulation - 10 in front with 10 to go was it? - looked like the result of poor coaching to me. Some combo of a lack of fitness, a lack of mental toughness and a lack of defensive cohesion. Unreal what youse have had to put up with.

15. Dea

Dea Juniors

I am a Dragons supporter. I started after the great run and through the long years of not winning I remained an advocate for my club. However, I do not support McGregor as the team coach. He has been in the job for too long with too little success. I wanted to believe that this year would be different after the “review” but the only change is in who McGregor throws under the bus - “our defence let us down” meaning, “Flanagan is the problem.”
    To be so disappointed with my team after just Two games seems wrong, except the new year is a continuation of last years massive failure.
    Everyone says we have a decent roster, current and recent representative players, and should do better. The wrong ingredient in the mix is the master chef, McGregor. I’m sure he is a nice bloke but he is not performing as a coach and getting out of the players what they have the capacity to give.
    insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. I’m tired of The insanity in the club and being an insane supporter.
    It is past time that McGregor was sacked for his poor performance, and longer the management wait, the closer in time it comes for me to go as a supporter.

16. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

I'm worried for peoples sanity when they get their hopes up that he might get sacked. McGregor is going nowhere.

17. This Year?

This Year? Coach

Pffttt that's nuthin. Usually with 10 to go we are down by 20! Even if we were up by 20 with 10 to go I'd still be thinking there is heaps of time for us to throw the game away.

18. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Well gUT that was a real mouthful buddy , but most unfortunately quite correct on all counts . And yes we Dragon tragics have had to put up with a hell of a lot of angst and heartache over the last 7 years .

We can only live in hope that the earth opens under Mary one day when he is sitting with the rest of his mates in the J.V’s boardroom whilst swigging on a Crown Lager .

By the way it is good to see that you boys have finally recovered from that 48-18 flogging we gave you way back in 2018 - oh for those happy days to be back once again . . .

blacksafake, Warabrook saint and gUt like this.
  19. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Warabrook saint likes this.
  20. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

Yes, we don't really understand the game.
    We have been unfair critics of the Board and McGregor.

What a total insult to the rank and file punters that pay their hard earned money for memberships, ground entry and club merchandise.
    All I can see is that the opinions of the fans have been a lot more considered and accurate than the Bozos running the place.