What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
MCGreedy would be sleeping well and must be most pleased with JD decision. My experience in business is that talented leaders attract talent and useless people attract rubbish.

One less smart guy helps McGreedy not look so useless.

Great work by the new 4 man committee as well - hats off to that powerful group.

One can only pray the committee are working on something big but if so why would the stupid press release say we believe in our coach (sic).

hazzbeen

Bench
MCGreedy would be sleeping well and must be most pleased with JD decision. My experience in business is that talented leaders attract talent and useless people attract rubbish.

One less smart guy helps McGreedy not look so useless.

Great work by the new 4 man committee as well - hats off to that powerful group.

One can only pray the committee are working on something big but if so why would the stupid press release say we believe in our coach (sic).
Sheridan , I can sum it up in one word ......... WANKERS .......

BrissyRedV

Bench
It's November 1, does the same apply to Coaches for 2018 season.

Can we finally announce today our new Head Coach for 2018 (and CEO would be nice too).
Yes, the statement from Doust will read something like this:
We are proud to announce that the boys club will remain together for 2018 with Mary signing on for a further 3 seasons. We thought it prudent to extend his contract after he had several approaches from a number of painting businesses. We fully believe he has a future as a first grade coach and he has been integral in the development of dragons footy over the past half decade. His appointment means we can now plan our recruitment drive for 2018 with many quality names on the market who would no doubt want to play for the red v brand and under such a high quality bloke as Mary with additional benefit of guaranteed September's off.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Actually that sounds tempting. If I can choose to work for a company that closes 1 month earlier than every other I would want to work with that employer as well. It may be a good incentive for some.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Difference between the 2 is Lafai probably wanted the month off and jumped at the chance, Bird wanted to play in September and declined.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm sticking to my word. I ain't watching another game until McGregor is gone. I was sure he was 1000 to 1 of retaining his position at season's end and then day by day, nothing is announced and then they have the nerve to throw it at us days out from the grand final. Is it actually true he has to win 6 from his first 8 games as reported in some article or was that just pulled from obscurity? I can tell you there's not a chance of that eventuating.

So angry with my club. Not an emotion I have really ever felt before for this thing I love.

RED73V

Juniors
I'm sticking to my word. I ain't watching another game until McGregor is gone. I was sure he was 1000 to 1 of retaining his position at season's end and then day by day, nothing is announced and then they have the nerve to throw it at us days out from the grand final. Is it actually true he has to win 6 from his first 8 games as reported in some article or was that just pulled from obscurity? I can tell you there's not a chance of that eventuating.

So angry with my club. Not an emotion I have really ever felt before for this thing I love.
100% agree TBRV , while Mcno f#<£ing idea is there my feelings are indifferent which is something I never thought would eventuate EVER !!! Even when they called us chokers & we hadn't won a comp for years I still wanted/& loved watching or listening to the dragons games . Now I have resigned 2017 as another lost year under the pathetic boys club regime at Dragons headquarters. One of the greats Jack Gibson used to say " If the front office is good the rest will follow " or something of that nature. It all starts at the top & the CEO we have certainly is accountable for this tragic basket case of a organisation we have now become :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The problem is that McGregor is so close to the players that the players feel that they do not have to perform to keep their places.
Hopefully with Marshall and Rein gone the attack? will be aimed at the try line as opposed to being totally disjointed and all over the place but not towards the try line.
The recent arrival of Sims and addition of
Masoe and Vaughan should bolster our forwards as they are string forwards that run straight. The selection of Hutchison, Mann, Milne and Mac Donald should improve the
the scoring potential of our backline. Dufty and Herbert will be waiting in the wings.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
The problem is that McGregor is so close to the players that the players feel that they do not have to perform to keep their places.
Hopefully with Marshall and Rein gone the attack? will be aimed at the try line as opposed to being totally disjointed and all over the place but not towards the try line.
Masoe and Vaughan should bolster our forwards as they are string forwards that run straight. The selection of Hutchison, Mann, Milne and Mac Donald should improve the
the scoring potential of our backline. Dufty and Herbert will be waiting in the wings.

I hate to say it but Penrith are progressive and coming into a good era - they have methodically rebuilt and invested and Merton and Rein will show what a player can do under a great structure. I am not personally a big fan of Rein but he can be good in the right structure and Merrin will kee getting better for next few years as he is mature now.

Wow - life is full circle. Chocolate soldiers and sharks on top and mightiest club of all almost collapsed.

Must be proud Mr Doust.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

1393 sack McGreedy posts Andy only 7K membership renewals.

And this thread does not have a hard close until this muppet is sacked.

Mr Red

First Grade
Honestly I think we're at the point where Mary will start as coach in 2017...end of story.
Unfortunately the only thing that will reapply any pressure to him is poor results the first 8 or so rounds next season, therefore already writing off another year...
Jeez it's tough as a supporter knowing that your team has to fail short term in order to have a chance at being successful long term.....

hazzbeen

Bench
Honestly I think we're at the point where Mary will start as coach in 2017...end of story.
Unfortunately the only thing that will reapply any pressure to him is poor results the first 8 or so rounds next season, therefore already writing off another year...
Jeez it's tough as a supporter knowing that your team has to fail short term in order to have a chance at being successful long term.....
Mr Red the problem is we have been failing for a long while and these monkeys have to waste another year before they make changes ......

Old Timer

Coach
All this shite about Mc Gronk lasting 6 or 8 games bla bla bla is crap.
Until we see the draw there can be no conclusions of any such type.
Even then it will all be dependent on what style we play and how close we finish.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
All this shite about Mc Gronk lasting 6 or 8 games bla bla bla is crap.
Until we see the draw there can be no conclusions of any such type.
Even then it will all be dependent on what style we play and how close we finish.

I still stand by my prediction that we will have one win after the first six rounds, irrespective of who we draw.