What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

redv13

Bench
How many more games do we have to lose before Mary drops himself for underperforming?
The annoying thing is after 2019 we finished 2nd last winning 8 games and that wasn’t enough to have the “coach“ removed. That is scary as that was the perfect opportunity to pull the trigger and start fresh. But no good old STGILL, just a “bump” in the road and away we go for 2020

For us Mary watchers, it’s pretty clear that he’s entered a new phase of mismanagement.

Whatever has gone on behind closed doors, we’ve seen two very public displays of attacks against the playing group in the parading of naughty players (who did their best) and now this nasty public threat.

The question is how the players will respond to this criticism after years of cuddling and public support even after quite woeful efforts last season and previously.

He’s already conditioned them that it’s ok to play at 80% so long as you are on Team Mary.

Tries from kicks, length of field, game went on for too long, origin (lol), still a finals chance coming second last in round 21 or something etc. He’s spared the players a lot of public angst through creative excuse.

I call it the “ Modern Mary” and he’s rebuilding his brand.

My opinion, but I attribute this repackaging to the bullshitters brought into manage his management. Watch their videos and it’s all about setting fire to people.

He obviously didn’t have that talk to Fittler who has warned him about losing the playing group and their collective power. “ Eat him alive.” Fittler is the NSW coach. It is one the most esteemed and respected coaching positions in the game. He was trying to help him and Mary was instantly and perversely offended.

Fear is not the way to build a culture.Respect is.

How would you feel if your boss turned on you publically? Dirty would be a mild response.

Footy players are a sensitive lot. They have a strong sense of justice, especially when they themselves are being judged.

I don’t think this experiment is going to end well for him.

Trouble in the sheds will hasten his demise.

This is just the start of the new Mary. It’s a disturbing and dangerous phase in his leadership. It also reflects some genuine desperation we haven’t seen.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
supercoaches latest with preview for saturday ..
Merrin knows what he has to work on to get in the team then its his spot to lose and it was a close call not putting him in the team
Luke has missed sessions due to covid 19
Need an outside back on the bench because we were in all sorts when rava went off injured -- How about a utility then supercoach
he then talked about training and how you have drones and then watch footage to see what players are doing good . then mentioned how assisstant coach watches to see who has improved and could be looked at -- SHOULDNT a head coach watch and make decisions on players really ....
and I can only imagine the pressers with his new edict of perform or perish - that the player just didnt aim up so hes back to the training paddock will be interesting with this new policy as Mr Norman must be in the crosshairs !! but then it depends on how supercoach rates each performance and I gaurantee that what we all see will not be what mary sees through his blurry eyes ..
Its obvious that he has been given a kick up the ass and a perform or perish edict given to himself ... An under 8's coach knows that you put your best team on the park not the pets ... I wonder if he just read that in the brochure he picked up on the junket -- he must think hes lightyears ahead of all coaches with this new strategy

roll on the golden handshake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLM01

First Grade
For us Mary watchers, it’s pretty clear that he’s entered a new phase of mismanagement.

Whatever has gone on behind closed doors, we’ve seen two very public displays of attacks against the playing group in the parading of naughty players (who did their best) and now this nasty public threat.

The question is how the players will respond to this criticism after years of cuddling and public support even after quite woeful efforts last season and previously.

He’s already conditioned them that it’s ok to play at 80% so long as you are on Team Mary.

Tries from kicks, length of field, game went on for too long, origin (lol), still a finals chance coming second last in round 21 or something etc. He’s spared the players a lot of public angst through creative excuse.

I call it the “ Modern Mary” and he’s rebuilding his brand.

My opinion, but I attribute this repackaging to the bullshitters brought into manage his management. Watch their videos and it’s all about setting fire to people.

He obviously didn’t have that talk to Fittler who has warned him about losing the playing group and their collective power. “ Eat him alive.” Fittler is the NSW coach. It is one the most esteemed and meaningful coaching positions in the game.

Fear is not the way to build a culture.Respect is.

How would you feel if your boss turned on you publically? Dirty would be a mild response.

Footy players are a sensitive lot. They have a strong sense of justice, especially when they themselves are being judged.

I don’t think this experiment is going to end well for him.

Trouble in the sheds will hasten his demise.
Classic quote from a typical one of his press conferences
"People that will be watching the game will be like 2 to 1..3 to 1"
I know I am not up with some of the modern footy lingo but can someone explain what that means?..pllease!...or was it meant to be 1 in 3 of the population watching?
Baffles me with his knowledge.
And he rewatches training videos taken via drones...What do the drones tell you that coaching and other football staff eyes cant r sitting an elevated position cant?..Coaching RL whilst embracing technology has become too complicated... But yet what happens on field..:rolleyes:
Or are the drones videoing yourself...in action.

Last edited:
I know I am not up with some of the modern footy lingo but can someone explain what that means..pllease!...or was it meant to be 1 in 3 of the population watching?

It’s our fault we don’t understand him sometimes.

Even if you had an interpreter, there is no one born after the cro-magnon period who could understand what his point was.

qld redvee

Juniors
I know I am not up with some of the modern footy lingo but can someone explain what that means?..pllease!...or was it meant to be 1 in 3 of the population watching?
And he rewatches training videos taken via drones...What do the drones tell you that coaching and other football staff eyes cant r sitting an elevated position cant?..Coaching RL whilst embracing technology has become too complicated... But yet what happens on field..:rolleyes:
Or are the drones videoing yourself...in action.
BLM01 -- what about the line that assisstant coaches are the ones to watch for improvement in players !!!!!!!!! so its not a head coaches job and gives ammunition to sack assisstants as they recommend players that are then not up to scratch - even though its the team and players that supercoach wants .... Can you imagine if we go back to the mid 70's where you had a head coach and trainer ?? how would mary cope ???? And the drone is priceless mary is on the field during training so how can he not tell - oops I forgot its mary ..
another excuse whoever was flying the drone has to be sacked as they didnt fly where they were supposed to
as i said above roll on the golden handshake

D7FE5961-FC81-47BA-8C84-7E08C1EC1181.jpeg

The Marines flew into the wrong country at first and Mary had to guide the blackhawks in by radio to ensure we found him.

There’s an on going argument between him and Hillary as to who was advising the gunship which crashed.

Mary: leader of the free world.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
How many more games do we have to lose before Mary drops himself for underperforming?

Well today might see the end of

He-Who-Should-Never-Have-Been-Extended eh?

...if Andrew’s Plaything
goes under to the Warriors

Ryan Webb
on your no doubt
very nervous
Day 54

... As you watch the McAitken farce unfold unchallenged into its next decade of abject failure

... and as the mindless drivel spews forth in torrents from that Hadean darkness his mind

.... and as his blind-spot focus remains the redemption of Aitken & screwing of Zac

So we won’t see Zac remain at No4 for the entire game -

guaranteed

Well today might see the end of

He-Who-Should-Never-Have-Been-Extended eh?

...if Andrew’s Plaything
goes under to the Warriors

Ryan Webb
on your no doubt
very nervous
Day 54

... As you watch the McAitken farce unfold unchallenged into its next decade of abject failure

... and as the mindless drivel spews forth in torrents from that Hadean darkness his mind

.... and as his blind-spot focus remains the redemption of Aitken & screwing of Zac

So we won’t see Zac remain at No4 for the entire game -

guaranteed

Hard to argue any point made.

Modern Mary has the knives out, big tough guy, so my bet is that he will still blame players after what should be a compelling victory...for which he may find himself being re-signed for another two years.

If the game is lost, forget the USA, the punters will set Wollongong ablaze.

Day 54 Webby, no improvement seen in any way. He’s looking at another 5 years and a pay rise.

This is judgment day Mary.

Anything less than a cricket score is unacceptable.

hazzbeen

Bench
Sack Mary , just off topic , how good was Robson for the Cowboy's ... Mary could not use him at all when McInnes was playing all game, no break, making 50 tackles a game , we had no attack , no defense , but still could not use Robson ...... Back on topic SACK MARY ......

Sack Mary , just off topic , how good was Robson for the Cowboy's ... Mary could not use him at all when McInnes was playing all game, no break, making 50 tackles a game , we had no attack , no defense , but still could not use Robson ...... Back on topic SACK MARY ......

He was fantastic.

Sack McGregor. The snivelling, incompetent, befuddled and selfish corporate try hard he aspires to be.

gregstar

Referee
For the good of this club, f c k off now.

Clearly the management are too f c k ing stupid to pisss you off, so if you truly care about the club you played for, resign.